Author Topic: Energy fighting  (Read 1576 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »
Hawco

A few key things when E fighting...

E Friendly Manouvers are all manouvers containing vertical movement like Immelman and High YoYo. If your enemy is flat turning use a High YoYo instead of turning with him in a sustained turn. The High YoYo will make your turn tighter while retaining more E. This means that you will get a good lead shot.

Angles and rolling.

When you are in a fight and exchanging vertically displaced manouvers with your enemy its important to constantly working the angles. The shot you will want out of a E fight is most often a deflection shot. Inorder to obtain it you will need to get a good angle on your enemy where he cant get a gun solution but you can.

From a new pilots perspective, at least talkin from my self when I was new, the hardes thing to master was rolls.

If plane X rolls better but turns worse then plane Y. Then plane X can actually outmanouver plane Y in a E fight.

The next thing Im gonna say might hurt your head a bit but I think its very important.

Multi dimensional fighting is not just about manouvers around the vertical and horizontal axis. Its also about manouvers around the depth axis.

1) Flat turns move you around the vertical axis.

2) Loops move you around the horizontal axis.

3) Rolls move you around the depth axis.

Good ACMs (Air Combat Manouvers) are not just a combination of 1 and 2 but a combination of all three.

Tex

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 05:58:34 PM »
Schatzi

E fighting is a way of life.. ;)

Tex

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Energy fighting
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »

Originally posted by TexMurphy
Schatzi

E fighting is a way of life.. ;)

Tex

:lol

Unfortunatly, my main way of life seems to be getting-killed-the-quickest-way-possible :).

BTW, i havent forgotten your challenge and accept it :). Right now im a bit rusty and seem to have a hard time finding good fights in MA, but as soon as that black streak ends, ill see what the Val has in it..... (need the practice for KOTH anyway)

>S<

21 is only half the truth.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 06:12:23 PM »
Here is a screenie of a manouver with displacement over the depth axis.

This is one of my favorite reversal manouvers.

Tex

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 06:14:10 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi

Right now im a bit rusty and seem to have a hard time finding good fights in MA,

Imho the best place for good fights and unrusting is AvA.

Tex

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 06:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
Imho the best place for good fights and unrusting is AvA.

Tex

Unfortunatly this is not true during European (early) evenings......

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 06:19:20 PM »
Im in EU and I almost always fly in AvA these days... even when its just 4-6 players online in AvA its better fights then MA these days... sad but true.. :(

Tex

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »
Well, im sorry i have to say that my AvA experiences are mostly Running, HO or noone there.

For duels I usually go to TA, DA or chan200.....

But lets head back to topic, the H&T forum isnt the place to flex the hijacking muscle.... :)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:11 PM »
TC, I'd swap your plane list around some I think...  

"Energy Plane: F4U FW190 P51 P38 Yak C205
Boom N Zoom Plane: P51 P47 Typhoon La7 "

The 190 isn't agile enough and lacks the acceleration needed to E-fight.  It is probably the best example of a pure BnZ plane.
In 1943 the C205 is an E-fighter, by 1945 (the MA) it is kinda just an obsolete plane).  
The La-7 is probably the best E-fighter we have in the game down low, it has wonderful handling and top notch acceleration.  
The F4U, P-51, and P-47 lack the acceleration a pure E fighter needs, they are more BnZ planes (except for the F4U-4).
The Typhoon is an E-fighter in my opinion, but it is kind of borderline.  Most people would probably use it best as a BnZ plane, it doesn't have that great a margin of performance to use in E-fighting.  

Other than the La-7, the purest example of an E-fighter we have is the 109K.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Energy fighting
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 10:55:04 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
TC, I'd swap your plane list around some I think...  

hehe yep , I was waiting to see who caught that typo, meant  to put 109K4 in there and had brainfart with 190 typo....... ( Good eye , Urch )

as someone mentioned earlier, a person can  E-fight with any plane type, some just excel better at it.......

I'd take the F4U series to E fight any day though over the La7.... 109's and P38s are fun too as well......

I class the P51 in both categorys,  but my view of the Typh is it is better suited for BnZ......

TexMurphy, if you read closer, you will see where I mentioned the E-Fighter flys sometime at a disadvantage E state  when intercepting a faster attacking plane ( does not say this directly, so most prob wouldn't pick up on it as being less E), I guess I could have added another page to it, and  I still would be scraping the surface, ie Reversals,  positive/negative,  overshoots,   rollouts, lift vectors etc.......

I personally would not  consider  flying at a  Lower E state ( read Negative Energy Advantage ) as a way of  straight out dogfighting, I would file that situation as defensive  & counter attack maneuvering......  but things have evolved to where people do this as more of the norm these days, verses  what would be a more ideal way of approaching a dogfight or encounter.

alot of good responses and info everybody,  ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 02:32:16 AM »
Spits 8,9,14,16 are some of the best E fighters in the game. Lucky for us all most of their pilots don't realize it.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 06:37:32 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin

Boom N Zoom Plane:  P47 "

somebody punish this man!!! :mad: :mad: :furious
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »
Another plane that needs to be added to the E fighter list is the Ki84...

Imho the Frank is one of the most under rated and under used planes compared to its performance...

Tex

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 08:02:23 AM »
if the '84 was armed with 4-6 50cals i would fly it alot, as is its a liability to those who havnt learnt to shoot jap guns effectively.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Energy fighting
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »
It's when I read  the technical aspects of all this that I wished I'd done better at school when I was younger and went into the Millitary as a Pilot and not ended up as a Paratrooper lol

I'm honestly amazed at the depth of knowledge that's on here,e states, positive and negative energy etc..
I've taken today as a "work from home day" and after I'm done watching Germany putting 4 or 5 past Costa Rica then I'm going to hunt one of you guys down in the TA and try and film some examples so I can get  this fixed in my Head, I'm then going to force myself to leave the spit 9 in the Hanger ( for a short while) and take an "E" plane up into the MA ( Not the AvA as new tactics in a new plane = a quick and certain death in there) And from there see how it goes.
So hopefully, some kind soul will be tooling around willing to spend a short while helping out.
This is what makes AH such a great thing, there's always somehing to learn and  always somebody willing to help out.

Hawco (gripped by World Cup fever and  hoping that Engerland get hammered... sorry pooface, but I am Scottish after all lol)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:11:03 AM by Hawco »