Author Topic: cv/port stop the cv hiding  (Read 554 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
cv/port stop the cv hiding
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »
I think that if a country captures or loses a port, then they run the cv to a far corner of map needs to be stopped! What should happen is after 1hr if you have not recaptured the port nor re engaged cv into action cv should default to whoever owns the port! On large maps all you seem to have to do is capture the port then hide the cv, and basically you take 2 bases out permantly, even if you lose the port it's useless you donn';t need to take it back because you hid the cv.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:13:12 PM »
After you take the port go FIND the CV and sink it. Many people already do it.  You get nothin for free.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
cann't sink if 30 bases behind enemy country
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:59:51 PM »
my point, in case your to dense to find it is if it's behind a country that has 30 plus bases between you and it, how th f you gonna sink it! maybe i posted a thread that was to hard for the weak minded to understand.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:06:30 PM »
Default is 6 hours I think. I think that's far too long.

I like the idea stated by somebody else where, if the port is taken, the CV will not repair itself. Its supply lines are cut, so any damage stays there, until it's sunk or it times out and flips countries.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:19:34 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Default is 6 hours I think. I think that's far too long.

I like the idea stated by somebody else where, if the port is taken, the CV will not repair itself. Its supply lines are cut, so any damage stays there, until it's sunk or it times out and flips countries.

Yes, this is good. It actually attempts to adhere to the rules of reality, verses the rules of fairness. After all, searching for enemy fleets was a big deal in WWII.

Thing is, there is balance here. Opposing teams can do it to you, but you can go ahead and do it right back to them. And if you care so much, go fly a recon mission, like they did during the war, locate the sucker and tell your buddies where it is.

Offline Bad31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 12:56:47 AM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
After you take the port go FIND the CV and sink it. Many people already do it.  You get nothin for free.

Yup - all about pulling a recon mission...up a 262 and go looking...

I do think that once the port is captured the CV repairs should cease though.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Re: cann't sink if 30 bases behind enemy country
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
Originally posted by wrongwayric
my point, in case your to dense to find it is if it's behind a country that has 30 plus bases between you and it, how th f you gonna sink it! maybe i posted a thread that was to hard for the weak minded to understand.

I understood your point. Just because you got the port doesn't mean you get the boat. If the other side has hidden the CV then damn the bad luck. ;)
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Retired

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Re: cv/port stop the cv hiding
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by wrongwayric
I think that if a country captures or loses a port, then they run the cv to a far corner of map needs to be stopped! What should happen is after 1hr if you have not recaptured the port nor re engaged cv into action cv should default to whoever owns the port! On large maps all you seem to have to do is capture the port then hide the cv, and basically you take 2 bases out permantly, even if you lose the port it's useless you donn';t need to take it back because you hid the cv.

Why does everything have to be easy?  Part of the fun in winning, is having to try.  Go find it.  Set up a mission to find it.  Use the 234s. etc.