Author Topic: Yet another breath of fresh air from the French  (Read 571 times)

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Yet another breath of fresh air from the French
« on: June 23, 2006, 05:01:43 PM »
You know, it's easy to get down on these guys, but they're really just out searching for the truth, for the good of all humanity.

Lance Armstrong's alleged doping

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yet another breath of fresh air from the French
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 04:00:13 AM »
Originally posted by Neubob
You know, it's easy to get down on these guys, but they're really just out searching for the truth, for the good of all humanity.

Lance Armstrong's alleged doping

What does this have to do with the French Neubob? The French newspaper reported what was in a letter from a woman... the newspaper did not say he was doped.

I dont know what to think about this.. I personally dont think he used doping but you never know. That sport is still and has been so full of it that i dont think any of us can say that we are 100% sure that he is innocent.

Maybe its about time to put this behind us tho, as we will prolly never know the thruth, just like we will never know how many records and medals over the last 50 years or so have been achieved by using doping.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 04:49:40 AM »
In a two-page denial released Friday, the seven-time Tour de France champion called the allegations reported in Le Monde, France’s most prestigious newspaper, “stale, unfounded and untrue.”

Perhaps I misinterpreted the newspaper's intention... It felt as if they were trying to discredit the validity Armstrong's accomplishments. I could be mistaken, of course.

How's the family, Nilsen?:)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 05:00:16 AM »
Originally posted by Neubob
In a two-page denial released Friday, the seven-time Tour de France champion called the allegations reported in Le Monde, France’s most prestigious newspaper, “stale, unfounded and untrue.”

Perhaps I misinterpreted the newspaper's intention... It felt as if they were trying to discredit the validity Armstrong's accomplishments. I could be mistaken, of course.

How's the family, Nilsen?:)

They may have been trying to discredit him, but that sport is huge in france and any news... good or bad is big news. The same story ran here on a few papers, but how things are viewed when you read it in a French, American, German or whatever nataionality paper is usually different.

Guildty or not.. what he has done in amazing either way. If he was doped then you can bet that alot of his strongest rivals also was. I seriously doubt if he was doped for all his wins too as the testing got better and better for each year. If he did it during every TDF he won he would have been caught in atleast one of them.

thanks Bob.. the family is doing good. All three of us continue to grow abit, but thankfully the little one grows faster than her parents ;)

and you?

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 06:32:36 AM »
i say let him rest, he is the past,
our bright future is Ulrich now ! ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 06:36:28 AM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
i say let him rest, he is the past,
our bright future is Ulrich now ! ;)

or Basso  

Ulrich is a timid pedal pounder these days, and his reign is over before it really started.  :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 06:42:58 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
or Basso  

Ulrich is a timid pedal pounder these days, and his reign is over before it really started.  :D

LMAO Nils, good one...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 03:10:15 PM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
i say let him rest

Which is feeling as well... Sadly, the press of a certain nation cannot accept the fact that their precious race was dominated by an American for longer than they age their stinkiest cheese.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 12:29:52 AM »
It's not "the press", it's "1 newspaper". "Le monde" is has valuable as "People" in USA.:lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 01:01:39 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
It's not "the press", it's "1 newspaper". "Le monde" is has valuable as "People" in USA.:lol

Classic. :aok
sand

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 02:23:53 AM »
WHen was the last time 'People' tried to incriminate a Frenchman, a decade after the fact?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 03:30:04 AM »
4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:22:07 AM by MP3 »

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:41 AM »
Lance was doped, just the same as everyone that rode with him or against. Professional cycling has been completely rotten for many years and pointing the finger to the riders, any of them, isn't anything more than hypocrisy.
Shady doctors and managers run the show while the federations and race organizers look elsewhere as much as they can and only put up a dog and pony show and act outraged when someone is caught red handed or they just want to screw someone themselves.
In this particular case, yes, the french press is specially pathetic, they'll target this rider or that team viciously, and ignore the bigger problem altogether. I guess they really know that the only way out of the problem is the end of the whole sport as it is now, but can't face it.
So Lance would have been as great riding clean in any race of clean riders, it just wasn't his call once he was commited, but for every epic topping of a high alps mountain he'll have to remember the self-transfusions from an ill-looking bag in a hotel room.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 03:49:04 AM »
^the truth.

storch

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 04:27:55 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Rule #4
 yes, but you meant that otherwise there would be no need for the pointed attempt at clarification.

yay!!!! another bash thread
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:23:49 AM by MP3 »