Author Topic: Ward Churchill...  (Read 267 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Ward Churchill...
« on: July 07, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »
...is back in the news.

Remember him?  The lily-white academic who managed to get himself hired by the University of Colorado, bypassing the obstacles of affirmative action by suddenly "discovering" he was a Native American and that, son-of-a-gun I only thought I worked in the motor pool and ran projectors when I was in the army cause ACTUALLY I was a combat veteran and a SNIPER who was a victimized tool of the military-industrial complex.

Yeah, you remember.  He's back in the papers agin.

He has appealed to keep his job as school officials move to fire him for what they say is research misconduct.

Personally, I think he's missed his calling in life...He'd make a magnificent hobo.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 04:06:32 PM »
Isn't lazs a "native American indian" now too?  I seem to remember something about him checking that box for some reason or another.

Speaking of lazs...where is the leathery old guy?  HAven't seen him post much recently.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 04:12:58 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Isn't lazs a "native American indian" now too?  I seem to remember something about him checking that box for some reason or another.

Speaking of lazs...where is the leathery old guy?  HAven't seen him post much recently.

Yeah his native american name is "Smoking Gun" :)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
Originally posted by Pei
Yeah his native american name is "Smoking Gun" :)
BWHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! ZOMFGROFL!!11:rofl  :cry  :D :aok  :lol  :rofl  :cry :D
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »
Folks like this (Ward) are good to have around, they let all of us see how low the bar is set for academia.

I actually found Ward to be highly entertaining.  I would pay money to see this guy on comedy central.  I think he would make a great comedian :lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:54:36 PM »
I'm a native euro-american, what govt grants can i get?

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:43:30 PM »
i know a guy that went to UC Boulder 5 years free on a Native American scholarship in the late '80s.
short, stocky, dark haired, jewish.
 :O cha :O
 :O ching!:O

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »
I was only "native American" for one loan.   I think yeager is on the right track with the "seeing how low the bar is set" thing.

Not only in the teaching field but in any kind of racial "field leveling"  it is all a joke and you can either laugh or cry about it.

lazs

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 09:41:56 AM »
I once attended a workshop with a white teacher from my area who had adopted the same Native American affectation thingy that Churchill had done.

Beads, silver jewelry with Indian motifs, leather vest with frills, even a couple of tatoos.  Only thing he wasn't wearing was eagle feathers and a breechclout.  He even affected an air of victimhood.

Funny thing is, he didn't look Indian...he looked like a middle-aged white hippy who had hit the weed a little too heavily.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Ward Churchill...
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
I'm a native euro-american, what govt grants can i get?

Sorry dude, someone has to pay for those grants. Haven't you heard it's better to give than receive? You're it.