Author Topic: Chest injury  (Read 960 times)

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Chest injury
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:47:03 PM »
It was a amateur mistake, and just simple carelessness, having said that, i'll begin.

Removing springs from a Dodge Caravan to to replace the bearing plates i decided, hell, take that nut off and the bearing plate will slip off, and it did....along with the rest of the assembly.  Luckily it went into my chest, not a foot up, into my face.  Anyway, as you can imagine it has caused some pain, but there is no visible bruise.  It just hurts like crazy, especially when i try to lift, take deep breaths, or move my arms in certain positions.  Is it possible that i bruised something behind the sternum?  I'd prefer NOT to see a doctor if this clears up in a few days.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Chest injury
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:53:09 PM »
Pete Conrad died from internal bleeding from a motorcycle accicdent that he thought was just something minor and didn't see a doctor.

See a doctor.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Chest injury
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »
If that thing came off with as much force as I am thinking see a doctor. You might have some serious internal injuries and don't know it.

That's all the advise I am giving.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Chest injury
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »
yeah dude go see the doctor. None of us have x-ray vision.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Chest injury
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 12:39:26 AM »
Wouldn't be the first time a  pneumothorax was caused by accidental blunt force trauma.

Good idea to go get looked at, if not to diagnose that possible collapsed lung, than to ensure any broken ribs that may have incurred won't have the possibility of causing one.

Strangely, there was an elderly woman last night that 'tore away' part of her diaphragm from just coughing repeatedly with pneumonia.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Chest injury
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 02:01:53 AM »
chuck norris does push ups after that kind of stuff

and i laff..You ever have a craked rib?..coupel days..lolo..try a month min. to revocer from pain of deep breaths and lifting pains

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Chest injury
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 02:06:50 AM »
I'm young, I work in the auto industry, i'm bound to crack a rip at some point, don't you worry.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Chest injury
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 03:12:53 AM »
Cracked or bruised ribs..Oww.

Gonna be a few weeks of pain and lack of sleep.

Stay away from pepper spray.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Chest injury
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 03:15:34 AM »
Go see a doc NOW

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
WOW, now thats Ironic justice!!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 05:42:53 AM »
Originally posted by nirvana smewhere else not more than a few days ago
:rofl SHAZAM!

I don't know Mustaine, my chest is pretty damn solid.  If you hit the cavity just below the middle of the sternum, however, I will hit the ground faster then a speeding bullet.  Just pressing there with one finger I start to feel like the wind is leaving.

:O

get it checked bro, i cracked a rib about 3 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. got a small lump in my left side where the disfigured bone still sticks out to this day. I never got it checked for th first 6 months, then when i did they told me i might very easily have had to have a small surgery to take the splinters out and round off the sharp bits, but it is too late now.

never waste time getting ti checked, never know what youre dealing with exactly untill you do.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Chest injury
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 05:51:20 AM »
seems to me that you might have bruised some internal tissues and muscles.. thats not something you just brush off.. you could have damaged some of your lung tissue that could form some fluid.  get to the doc and let them do a chest x-ray to make sure that everything is in tact.. a straight shot to the chest from a compressed vehicle spring can do some considerable damage.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Chest injury
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:48 AM »
Originally posted by nirvana
I'm young, I work in the auto industry, i'm bound to crack a rip at some point, don't you worry.

If you're dumb enough to look at a part that's holding a large compressed spring in place and then remove it without restraining the spring, you jut might make an early exit from this life due to easily possible worse mistakes.

Safety first allatime. I learned that from my early carreer doing field service on heavy equipment. Nothing as sobering as realizing you're doing aggressive stuff to a big machine aaaaaall alone out in the boonies somewhere and nobody will start missing you until tomorrow. Care beeful dood.

culero (ASE cert. Master, 25+ years exp.)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Chest injury
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 06:50:36 AM »

Darwin in action!
You forgot, "and not too bright" right after "I'm young .."

go see a doc stud
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Chest injury
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 07:40:39 AM »

"Holy smoke...You need booze."

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Chest injury
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 08:33:17 AM »
Walk it off, son...walk it off...