Author Topic: looking for typhy instructor  (Read 520 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
looking for typhy instructor
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:46:39 AM »
Im looking for an experience typhoon driver to teach me how to fly the typhoon on the edge of its envelope
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:55:55 AM »
Why do you want to learn how the typhoon on the edge of the envelope?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: looking for typhy instructor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:04:41 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
Im looking for an experience typhoon driver to teach me how to fly the typhoon on the edge of its envelope

Go into the TA when there's a bunch of people on, declare that you're ok with people shooting at you for target practice, and try to evade all the 6 or 7 that take you up on your offer.  Start off with a bunch of E when you say this, and work your way down.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 04:01:51 PM »
ok tip for you turn right engine torque pulls you to the right. If you go left you turn like a bomber.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:21:33 AM »
I could never get kills in tiffie.I dunno how you guys do it.That thing just rolls too slow for me.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »
rolls horribly slowly, i mean, it was originally a ground attack plane, but it's a real speed demon and it has massive guns, so the trick is to keep it fast, use energy tactics in fights because it flies like a pig in a stall, and go fo the stragglers;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 09:13:44 AM »
Originally posted by duh
I could never get kills in tiffie.I dunno how you guys do it.That thing just rolls too slow for me.

Follow Mjr Biggles advice and keep it fast. Rudders are your friend. Use them for a quick deflection shot but don't stand on them to the point of bleeding E. Avoid the sustained turn and burn deck fights.

Your Hispano cannon rounds hold a fairly flat trajectory. Try setting them out to max distance of d650 for that "reach out & touch someone" effect. :D

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Follow Mjr Biggles advice and keep it fast. Rudders are your friend. Use them for a quick deflection shot but don't stand on them to the point of bleeding E. Avoid the sustained turn and burn deck fights.

Your Hispano cannon rounds hold a fairly flat trajectory. Try setting them out to max distance of d650 for that "reach out & touch someone" effect. :D

That's all well and good (and sane advise) but it won't teach the envelope of the plane.

Meddog, if you really want to learn the envelope of any "BnZ" plane, the best advice I can give you is to do things people tell you not to, and find out exactly when you shouldn't be doing them.

I mean, if everyone listened to most of the plane guides out there, you'd never see a P51 turn, for example.  You barely do as is, but then you run into someone who knows the plane's envelope and they torch your TnB plane in a knife fight.

I gotta say, I hope you do learn the Tippy's complete envelope.  It would be very refreshing to get shot down by a Tippy right after the merge as oppossed to right before it once in awhile ;) :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 10:58:05 AM »
Damnit, stupid keyboard.  I meant to ask you this question earlier meddog.

Why do you want to learn how to fly the typhoon on the edge of the envelope?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »
Kermit;  Because i'm tire of running away all the time and would like to actualy learn to fight in one.
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »
Kermit is a good typhoon pilot.