Author Topic: BobCK  (Read 986 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Get The Name Right
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 08:53:51 AM »
As has been alluded to above, make sure you type the right name/ handle when you want to check your scores. The one you use here isn't necessarily the one you fly under. I can get into the forums as either xtyger or xtiger, although both use different passwords.

(I used to fly under xtyger, but changed after I'd had to quit flying for a while. When I tried to join up again, it told me username xtyger was already being used so I changed it a little to xtiger. Didn't realize at the time I could of just reactivated my old account and used the old name. Just as well. I got tired of people mispronouncing my name. The couldn't figure out the name so they'd call me EX- TEEEJER.)

Occasionally, I'll mistakenly enter xtYger, instead of xtIger, when checking my scores and am surprised when it shows I haven't been up. Once I realize the error and enter the right name, it shows the right scores.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
BobCK
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »
You will always get your accurate updated kills and statistics by logging on to the arena, and typing .score while in the tower, hanger, or o'club.  The Rank displayed however is only updated once daily.

Pilot Score from the web site only shows statistics relevent to computing rank.  As noted previously, there are 'kills' that are not relevent to scoring, and will not show on this page.

Pilot Stats from the web site is the place to view all kills a player has been credited for.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
BobCK
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »
:noid

did you have fun obtaining said kills? if so, why do you care if you have some meaningless numbers in a database somewhere?
Army of Muppets

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Sure
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »
That's the important thing; Whether you had fun.

That said, I go check the web scores all the time, especially mine. I like to see how I'm doing and how I'm comparing to how I did last month. I even set goals of a sort for myself.

I know I'll never be in the top 100 in fighter scores, but I'll still have fun. Nonetheless, I set goals for myself, one being not to get killed in more than half the sorties I make. I can ditch, bail or get captured, but not killed. I go all out to avoid getting killed. So, for 100 sorties flown, the goal is to not get killed over 49 times. I'm usually successfull, but certainly getting killed is beyond your control many times. I usually make that goal, though.

I also try and improve my kill total, but that's more difficult to achieve. Last month I finally got over 200 fighter kills. I was kinda stoked by that but it really isn't that big a deal depending on how many sorties you made in the month. If you made umpteen thousand sorties and got two hundred kills, you need some work. A better goal would be to improve your kills per hour or the kill to sortie ratio.

Both those last ones would be harder to judge improvement on, though, because sometimes I have a hard time finding a fight, much less a good one. So, if I spend three flights flying around trying to find a fight and come up empty handed, I can hardly blame myself for having a poor kill per sortie ratio, at least for those type of flights.

I'll also often check the scores of guys (and gals) that shoot me down. It's interesting, when someone just handed you your head on a platter, to find out his scores are much lower than yours, and someone you just creamed is one of the better flyers.

Also interesting is seeing flyers with high hit percentages but low kill per hour ratios and vice versa. Weird how the scores vary so much.

The scoreboard is quite interesting to those of us without lives.:lol

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
BobCK
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 04:26:43 PM »
At the start of this month i cared about my score way too much i had a K/D ratio of 5.0 then I felt fustrated at the game from running from 3 on 1's that I wulda had a blast at doing. So instead I go for fun. I up from capped bases I fly right into furballs and I rarely even get my wheels down to land now but the quality of fun I have is much higher. Plus, Setting Kill totals is a good way to have fun. Last month I set my sights on 800 kills and i got about 1,200 kills in fighter in under a thousand sorties. Was very fun. (Fighter town makes for easy kills.) And in all those sorties I landed maybe 200 tops.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Fighter Town Is Good For Kills
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »
Yeah, that's how I think I finally went over 200 kills (fighter): Hanging in Fightertown. Of course, more often than not I'd get shot down after I made whatever kills I made.

I have some fun trying just to "survive". Doing everything I can once I'm hit to try to make it back. I know one of my squaddies does real good but he just flies until his guns run dry and gets shot down a lot.

One of the big challenges is when you're wounded and are blacking out and you have to try to make it all the way back to base and land. It can seem like a hassle sometimes but, if I make it, not only did I cheat the guy who shot me out of a kill, I land whatever kills I made. Pretty proud of myself when I get through a tough one.

That and just plain old ditching. Quite a challenge sometimes. Admittedly can be a real disappointment when you don't make it, but when you do it's well worth it, at least for me.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
BobCK
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 08:53:44 AM »
wetrat, did you start this game in dec.2002? or before? have you forgotten what you were doing in dec.2002,jan.2003,feb,mar.? i'll bet a dirty set of my neighbor's grandmothers panties you were checking your stats. and scores. i used to check every day and compare with the day before.lol. talk about obsessed.now after settling in tho, you're absolutely right on about it just being about the fun.