Author Topic: Band of Brothers (spoiler)  (Read 294 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Band of Brothers (spoiler)
« on: September 10, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
Hey all S!
Ya’ll see this?
From HBO’s site:

More than 10,000 extras worked on the miniseries during the course of production.
     Around 700 authentic weapons and almost 400 rubber prop weapons were used in production.
    A heavy day of filming required up to 14,000 rounds of ammunition.
    The Hatfield Aerodrome in Hertfordshire, previously host to part of the "Saving Private Ryan" shoot, became the principal location, and sets of the English, Dutch and French sites, including a river and massive dykes, were created there. Hatfield offered 1000 acres of open space as well as empty airplane hangars - perfect for indoor sets and construction needs - as well as office space

Part1: Don't read if you havent seen it.

Camp Toccoa, Georgia. Summer, 1942. A diverse group of young American men begin their voluntary training in one of America's newest military experiments: the paratroops. Their unit, Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, is commanded by the petty, autocratic Lt. HERBERT SOBEL (David Schwimmer).

Whoa! that guy was a real jerk...

His job is to turn these eager civilians into the U.S. Army's most elite soldiers. But Sobel fails to win the respect of his men, and a rivalry emerges between him and a junior officer, Lt. DICK WINTERS (Damian Lewis). Winters' best friend, Lt. LEWIS NIXON (Ron Livingston), becomes an intelligence officer and tells Winters their first combat assignment will be to invade occupied Europe. Training for this mission in England, Sobel continues to harass Winters by citing him for failing to inspect a latrine. When Winters requests a trial by court martial, the sergeants in the company decide to turn in their stripes rather than lose Winters and have to follow Sobel into combat. Their Commanding Officer, Col. ROBERT SINK (Dale Dye), upbraids them for this, but decides to transfer Sobel out of the company before the upcoming D-day mission. The episode ends as the company -- Winters included -- board planes headed for Normandy.

The last scene here the camera pans out you see hundreds of C-47s wing tip to wing tip.. Waaa you mean we have to wait a week for part2.. ?.. but wait... They showin’ part2!!!
The first 10 minutes here were better than or as good as anything in Pvt Ryan or Pearl Harbor. Man when the guy first heard ack ack off in the distance, wow.. made the hair on my neck stand on end.  

Part2..

Planes carrying thousands of paratroopers cross the English Channel into French airspace, where German flak causes the pilots to drop them in a less than safe and organized fashion. Lt. WINTERS lands alone in a field, soon joined by a Pvt. JOHN HALL (Andrew Scott) from another company. Having lost his rifle in the jump, Winters leads the anxious Hall off to find their units, carrying only a knife. They link up with a few more Easy Company men and ambush a German horse-drawn supply convoy. In a nearby town, Winters finds Easy's Lt. "BUCK" COMPTON (Neal McDonough), who tells him 90% of the company is unaccounted for, including their commander -- which puts Winters in charge. Winters is then asked to lead an attack on a cluster of German artillery pieces nearby, which are probably firing onto the seaborne infantry trying to take Utah Beach. Winters deploys his small group on the entrenched enemy positions and eventually takes four artillery pieces in succession, disabling them with TNT. The euphoria is tempered, however, when Winters finds Pvt. Hall dead, killed by machine gun fire. The mission is successful, but Winters has lost his first man as acting company commander.

Oh if you don't have HBO.. you must know somebody that does.. offer em' BIG bucks to make a tape for you
10B

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Since this is a spoiler thread, I can say I was relieved to see em get rid of "friends boy".  Was not looking forward to a season of seeing him lead easy company.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty:
Since this is a spoiler thread, I can say I was relieved to see em get rid of "friends boy".  Was not looking forward to a season of seeing him lead easy company.

he played a good kook though - was rolling when he let the cows out  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
That friends dude (ross) couldnt play a manly roll if is life depended on it.
I give him credit for trying a roll other then is popsicle roll on friends but he still had that wimpy image in BoB.

=============Spoiler=================

When that ack crashed through the window of that C47 killing the co-pilot and the pilot turned on the green light early.. i said out loud "you frickin stunninghunk". My girlfriend who was watching a different movie upstairs came running down woundering what i was yelling at.

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Chaos68 ]

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
Not much of a spoiler if you've read Ambrose's book.  :)

I'm headed over to the cable company tomorrow to pick up my box and turn on HBO... for those who missed parts 1 and 2, they are re-airing tomorrow night.