Author Topic: Terrorist Attacks and the Media.. My views  (Read 874 times)

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Terrorist Attacks and the Media.. My views
« on: September 11, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
I think the things that have happened today in the US are terrible.  My heart goes out to the families of all involved today.

BUT,

The media needs to leave it the F()* alone.  Let us know from time to time anything new MAYBE, but stop playin in to the hands of Terrorist.  Stop giving them coverage and showing over and over their dirty work.  
I think they should NEVER EVER tell who actually is responsible.  Let the FBI and whoever else investigate this and then handle it with the military and just tell the country that it has been taken care of.  Nothing more.  
The more you feed terrorist the more terrorism works.

The media has to be one of the biggest terrorism groups in the world.

Rocket
  :mad:

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »
Rocket, the media is something that is neccessary in a free nation. And they report this kind of actions, is unavoidable.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
But, Ram, Rocket has a point.

If this draws attention, it gives the terrorists exactly what they want- a reaction. The U.S. is now forced to retaliate because of the very public attack on one of the symbols of commerce and military power. I suspect the day isn't over yet, for that matter.

Americans will cry for blood, and they will want it immediately. You're watching history right now- this was the single largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil. There will be a response, forced largely because of the public nature of the attacks.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2001, 09:11:00 AM »
I know it Kieren, and that is also my point...that a free Media guarantees our freedom while giving a boost to the terrorism actions. Is unavoidable if we want to live in a free nation to have a free press and TV, but that freedom gives the TV the power to give a wide expansion to this kind of actions.

I do know that this is history, I was seeing the TV in direct when the 2nd plane crashed into the WTC. I am sincerely horrified by all this, I think that all of us are.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
and about the answer-blast them away. They earned an one-way ticket to hell.

I just hope that there are no nukes involved. Other than that, kick those sons of a squeakes out of this planet.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
Yes the media can be good but it can also go to far to show a story that may make them more ratings = more money.  Yes report what has happened.  Yes get the story out.  No don't over do it and show every little thing and feed the terrorist what they want.  
My wife just said boy this is scary.  The terrorist just accomplished what they set out to do.  If she had just heard that bits and pieces and not live 2 hr coverage she wouldn't have thought that at all, just that these are horrible tragedies.  

The media just has no discretion when they make their reports.  The idea of scaring the toejam outta millions of people just isn't something they consider while making a story.

Rocket

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
Rocket, I dont know how is this thing being reported in USA. Here in spain we have CNN images in the spanish informatives. Here there is no spectacle, here are news.

Maybe there is different. I dont know. If they are making a circus out of this thing, I agree with you 100%.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2001, 09:17:00 AM »
rocket
its REAL!
they have to report it, the terrorist know what they did, we do not.
it needs to be shown so we know what animals we are dealing with...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline EagleFW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
oh my god!!! there goes teh second one!!! -_- i..... :( i cannot beleave this. the twin buildings are no more. thing about the people that where still in there.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
It gets my goat that reporters are fighting over who's story it is in the background .. who is going to get credit for it.
roadkill  :(

Rocket

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
And now emergency workers are being stopped in the middle of work because the reporters just have to have more of the story.  Give me a diddlyin break

Rocket

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
cc, i heard what rockets talking about.
you can hear nbc reporters in the backgound audio while the second tower fell.
something to the effect of:
  'what do you mean your storie you aren't even hear it's my story not yours'

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
whoever those two reporters were, they just diddlyed their careers. You can be sure the other media news will pick up on it and shred em..like the vultures they are.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Now in a effort to get the best story out it has been found out no car bombing at the state dept.

Now if you really wanted to report nothing but the best and most accurate news you wait until you can confirm everything right now.  False stories are going to out number the real thing.  But our media just grabs what ever sounds like a story and reports it.

<sigh>

Rocket

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
My point is, the last thing in the world we need to do now is go off half-cocked and bomb someone. Playing and replaying this over and over will just increase the likelihood of us making a move we aren't prepared to make.

Better to take a bit of time to sort it out first. There will be plenty of time to bomb them to hell later.