Author Topic: 'WOW'...  (Read 259 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
'WOW'...
« on: January 08, 2002, 08:57:00 AM »

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 09:00:00 AM »
nevrmind

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Animal ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 09:03:00 AM »
Actually, the WTC did survive the impact...it was the subsequent fire and its own weight on the now-melted I-beams that collapsed it.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2002, 10:10:00 AM »
Saw show that was to be tribute to the WTC but was turned around sence SEP 11. Looks like the design of the twin towers is what made them fall. there was now internal colums to support the floors, the outside walls were all the support and strength. Looked like even the elevator safts didnt go all the to ground level.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2002, 10:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by indian:
Saw show that was to be tribute to the WTC but was turned around sence SEP 11. Looks like the design of the twin towers is what made them fall. there was now internal colums to support the floors, the outside walls were all the support and strength. Looked like even the elevator safts didnt go all the to ground level.

Saw the same show.  The exterior of the building was very strong and strong enough to withstand the impacts.  It was like a net, which is a very strong structure.  You break one piece of the web and the other pieces can still suppport the weight.  The problem was that the top floors fell straight down onto the floors underneath.  Had they fallen to the side chances are that the rest of the building would have stayed upright.  Too much force coming down caused the floors to pancake, and release all the potential energy stored in the building.  That's why all the concrete atomised into dust. Once that chain reaction started,poof no way to stop it without massive lateral force.  

I wish I was an engineer instead of a tech, then I could give you all the mathmatical equations and such.  A couple of the engineers and I hear at work had a good talk on this about 2 months ago.  They were crunching theoretical numbers about the weight and forces invovled in the collapse, it was mind boggling how big these force numbers were, think exponents......

[edit]  Indian,

did you see the dates of the interviews for that show? Bone chilling.  Alot of the people in that show died on 9/11  :(

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Udie ]

Offline mora

• Gold Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2002, 10:32:00 AM »
That guy came later forward and said that he had nothing to do with it.

As mentioned here: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/698562/4/

Offline Vruth

• Copper Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2002, 10:58:00 AM »
Animal - that discussion occured November of 2000. Has anyone forwarded that info to the FBI?   :(

Seems kind of ironic that he mentions specifically the 767-300 series - the EXACT model American Airlines uses. Not 200 or 400 series.

V.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Vruth ]

Offline mora

• Gold Member
'WOW'...
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 11:29:00 AM »
He was questioned by the FBI.

Here's the actual topic about it: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/577229/4/

It was also reported in the press, even in Finland.   :)

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: mora ]