Author Topic: I Think I Deleted My Original Sound On Acc  (Read 348 times)

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
I Think I Deleted My Original Sound On Acc
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:17:33 PM »
i think i deleted my original sound on accident and replaced it with a soundpack but original sound still plays what do i do?:confused:

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
I Think I Deleted My Original Sound On Acc
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:29:37 PM »
Deleting the default sounds folder is not a problem, since when running on default, it only contains a "token file" anyway. The default sounds are "stored" in the sounds.res file in your game install. If you do not have a sounds folder upon starting the game, AH will automatically create one with the token file and use the sounds.res file to play default sounds.

Make sure youre custom sound pack folder is called "sounds".

BTW, which custom sounds are you trying to use?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
sketch's sounds
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:55:55 PM »
i extracted it to ah and made a file called sounds but what im sayin is that i might hav a soundpack in original folder and nothin else cept a "cleaned" readme

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: sketch's sounds
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:57:04 AM »
Originally posted by devil956
i extracted it to ah and made a file called sounds but what im sayin is that i might hav a soundpack in original folder and nothin else cept a "cleaned" readme

Im not sure i understand you correctly. You put the custom sounds folder into your default sound one?

Any ways. You do NOT NEED to keep the original (default) sounds folder. it only contains a "token txt file" anyway. Just delete that sounds folder and replace it with the sounds folder you extracted (custom, that contains lots of subfolders with plane names).
21 is only half the truth.