Author Topic: perk question  (Read 558 times)

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
perk question
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:14:42 PM »
I was looking at what planes the top pilots fly, and some of them appear to fly only perk planes. Don't you have to fly non-perk planes to buy the perk planes? Or can you transfer perks from other vehicles to planes?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
perk question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »
You cant transfer perks. You must fly a fighter to get fighter perks. You can earn perks in any fighter, but planes with low ENY (for example all perked fighters, but also La7 and such) will let you gain perk points VERY slow.
The people you see almost exclusively use perk planes have just accumulated enough perk points in the past to be able to spend a bit. Also they tend to loose their planes less often. And it takes not many sorties in a high ENY plane to get enough perks for a tempest. A good sortie in a C205 can give you 30 perks quite easily, and sometimes much more.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline jamesdeanoo7

• Copper Member
perk question
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:32:27 AM »
Yes its a sort of situation when it comes to perks. To get them you need to get good. When you get lots of perks like alot of the top pilots have in here you tend to be able to fly anything. Alot of the top pilots could fly 262,s all the time but and heres the irony....they try to get kills in the low eny planes to proove they can do it....Full circle huh lol So heres a tip...if you see a c47 in a dogfight....avoid it lol

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
perk question
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »
Originally posted by jamesdeanoo7
So heres a tip...if you see a c47 in a dogfight....avoid it lol

:confused: ???

Offline jamesdeanoo7

• Copper Member
perk question
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »
Its a joke ...ya know humour lolcome on wake up at the back of the short bus

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
perk question
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »
Originally posted by jamesdeanoo7
So heres a tip...if you see a c47 in a dogfight....avoid it lol

I see this so often, it's getting out of hand!! Who do those C47 pilots think they are dogfighting with no guns?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline jamesdeanoo7

• Copper Member
perk question
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
See thats the trick everyone forgets the pilots .45

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Re: perk question
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »
Originally posted by drkorf
I was looking at what planes the top pilots fly, and some of them appear to fly only perk planes. Don't you have to fly non-perk planes to buy the perk planes? Or can you transfer perks from other vehicles to planes?

pick a high eny value plane and learn it ..I use the p47d-11 for my "perk farming".
In a few tours you can earn a nice 2000+ perk cushin ...after that its pritty much fly what ya want when ya want to :D

I do suggest you learn the 262 in a different arena then the MA though, that way its not such a big hurt the 1st time ya Break the wings off of it .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
perk question
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone. Now I understand. I will start my perk farming with C47s and then in a couple of tours I'll practice ripping the wings off a 262.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
perk question
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 04:22:28 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone. Now I understand. I will start my perk farming with C47s and then in a couple of tours I'll practice ripping the wings off a 262.

C47 wont ever get you any perks dogfighting. U can get proxies but no perkable kills....I fly the p38G for my perkies. Its fun and its way under rated.  HurrIIc also a good perk plane but its kind of dweeby IMO...but its your money...fly what you want!

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
perk question
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
That was a joke. In reality, I have no intention of perk farming or flying any perked plane. My score is just fine in a SpitIX.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
perk question
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 04:44:40 PM »
c-47 = Bpmber perks= no 262! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
perk question
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
That was a joke. In reality, I have no intention of perk farming or flying any perked plane. My score is just fine in a SpitIX.
DrKorf, I would give you a piece of very friendly advice as I have came into contact with you in the MA a couple of times.  Don't be so hesitant to "tangle" in your spit9.  You were so timid that it would take you a long time to learn all the intricacies and acm's the 9 is capable of doing.  I once flew 3 or 4 tours in a spitV below 6k and got jumped, cherried, bounced, ganged, and HO'd to the point where I started to push the plane beyond what I thought it would do.  It was then that I realised what the plane could actually accomplish.  I am just saying that if you will just get "down and dirty" with the 9, you might find it is capable of doing some really crazy rerversals and stall fighting.  You got to be very aggressive to learn!  By the way, they're free!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline drkorf

• Zinc Member
perk question
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 05:32:44 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm still an AH noob, been playing for less than 1 month. I'm fine with being a little timid right now. I'm sure I'll be less timid as I get to know my plane better. Maybe I'll go to the TA for that.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
perk question
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 07:33:40 PM »
drkorf  fly the 190-A5 for a tour. You'll thank me later after the tons of perks points you'll bag.