Author Topic: Voting along party lines  (Read 485 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Re: Voting along party lines
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 09:23:04 AM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
I don't get it.

I don't either.  I can understand maybe with people that don't use the web, but how can anyone with access to the internet blindly vote along party lines without checking to see where the candidate stands on issues they care about and what their past voting history is?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Voting along party lines
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I voted for Anderson in 1980... does that count?
Wow, me too! That was the first election I was old enough to vote in.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Voting along party lines
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 10:05:26 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
for me I vote against abortion, i vote for gun rights, i vote against gays, i vote against welfare, i vote for prayer in schools... and a few other things.

if the candidate is on the opposite of any singe one of those they will never get my vote....

99.999999999999% of the time the liberal democrats (ESPECIALLY here in WI) are the exact opposite of those things.

Along those lines of topics you picked out:

I'm split on abortion, I think early term abortion is okay, but anything beyond the 1st trimester is not okay (except in the case of medical or rape)

I for gun rights.

I don't vote against gay rights issues such as equal treatment in benefits but I am against using the term "Marriage" when two want to be legally together.

I'm for welfare, limited to 18 months, until the recipient gets their life together. After that, I think societal organizations can help out (churches, etc.)

I think prayer in school is okay for those who want to participate, and for those that don't, I don't think they should be forced to take part,  find them another room for them for 30 seconds.

So, you see, I'm split on alot of issues, unfortunately they are painted on election day as black and white, and I'm somewhere in the grey area.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:07:34 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Voting along party lines
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 10:19:25 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Along those lines of topics you picked out:

I'm split on abortion, I think early term abortion is okay, but anything beyond the 1st trimester is not okay (except in the case of medical or rape)

I for gun rights.

I don't vote against gay rights issues such as equal treatment in benefits but I am against using the term "Marriage" when two want to be legally together.

I'm for welfare, limited to 18 months, until the recipient gets their life together. After that, I think societal organizations can help out (churches, etc.)

I think prayer in school is okay for those who want to participate, and for those that don't, I don't think they should be forced to take part,  find them another room for them for 30 seconds.

So, you see, I'm split on alot of issues, unfortunately they are painted on election day as black and white, and I'm somewhere in the grey area.

My god rip you're a right wing religous zelot.....!!!

:D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Voting along party lines
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 02:18:38 PM »
well.... I don't see how anyone can vote for a person of a party and then be so stupid as to think the guy will be some kind of a maveric who will buck his party in any significant way.

If you vote for a democrat you are gonna get more social programs and taxes and continue the teachers unions stranglehold on education and you are gonna get a bunch of liberal judges appointed and have the second amendment attacked at every opportuninty.

Those are reasons enough for me to vote for a republican no matter how bad he may be.  

lazs