Author Topic: Grass airfield & map rooms  (Read 532 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Grass airfield & map rooms
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:48:31 PM »
I selected a grass airfield from the objects in TE and put it on my terrian. Then I put a map room on it.  It looks okay (except the trees are really weird), but the problem is I can't select a runway on the clipboard to launch an airplane from either the hanger or the tower.  My only choice is "H".  Nothing for the runways.  And selecting "H" sticks me out in the water.
Any ideas on how I can set it up to launch from a runway?

Also when placeing maprooms I un-click Can Collide as I have been instructed to do.  Also if you run an error report it is flagged as an error if you don't.  But then problem here is I can drive a vehicle right through the maproom.  What have I missed?

thanks for helping
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »
You gotta lay down your fighter entry points on the ends of the runway and in the fighter hanger.  Can't help ya w/ the map room problem.  I always leave mine "can collide with".
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »
Here is what you do. You do NOT place map-rooms on your objects in the OE. I preffer you do it manually as I explained in my tutorial using the TE. Also, for the bomber and fighter entry spawn points. You have to do that in the TE as well, the OE will not support the "Spawn" feature as lots of us have determined over the past few months / years.

Go to the "Objects List" in the TE, look for: entpnt. Place the first entry point for your fighter/bomber entry IN THE HANGAR. Otherwise the "spawn compass" gets all messed up. Be sure to rotate it so it faces in the correct direction (When you place it, it always faces north. So just select the "Rotate" feature, then click down from the North, and drag it to the direction where you want the spawn to face). After you place the "entpnt" in the hangars first, then you can worry about the runways. NOTE: The object properties have to be: "Fighter Entry" or "Bomber Entry" to make it a successful spawn point for the planes.

One thing, the map room is supposed to be "NoCollide". In other words, un-check the collision feature for the map room (If you don't, its an error in the "Check Objects" feature).
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm