Author Topic: legalize all drugs...  (Read 1956 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2006, 08:57:27 AM »
Crime did slow after prohibition.  There was a depression... Even you admit that after the depression crime fell... It would not have if there were still and assinine "war on booze"

Gambling being illegal was a dumb idea too and as you say.... created crime out of nothing.

Illegal immigration... I am consistent.    Take away the lure and they will not come.   If no one will hire them then they will not come..... unless of course they can make money on illegal drugs.

The war on illegal immigration is much simpler... If there is no work and no benifiets for illegals... Why would they come?    It is far easier to target employers than drug dealers and cartels and gangs of tens of thousands.

It is just paperwork and a few immigration guys making visits...  they would be in no danger from wussie employers.

Apples to apples tho.... people want to get loaded... some all the time some a little of the time.    They are going to use drugs to do it... Alcohol is a drug and one of the worst but.... one of the easiest to make.  We tried to stop all the death and destruction it caused and simply made things worse...

We are doing the same with other drugs but we foolishly thought we could stop the source and that they couldn't readily be manufactured in a bathtub and that people would obey the law because we would be able to enforce it with police.

We were wrong on all counts and need to admit it.

lazs

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2006, 09:16:05 AM »
war on drugs. 1972-2006. billions of tax dollars wasted. on police, on prisons. if legal the same people would be doing them, plus we could spend a fraction of what it is costing now on treatment and still be way in the black.crime would definitely drop and i would not go thru dry spells on sticky icky.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »
oh, btw, it'll never happen as long as the alcohol lobby keeps dumping tons of cash to pols. joe six-pack would become joe orange kool-aid with a bong hit. production from employees would rise as well. nobody ever woke up with a hang-over from smokin weed.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »
If all some of you care about is eliminating laws so you can smoke pot you need to put down the bong and try to look at the bigger picture. There is one I assure you.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
Originally posted by lukster

The reason for this is to reduce the numbers in our prisons and eliminate the profit earned by gangs and other predatory organizations right? What do you suppose these people will do to support their organizations when this easy money dries up?

The next logical step......downgrade to law firms. Homie,Yo and Sup Attorney At Law.

:)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
The next logical step......downgrade to law firms. Homie,Yo and Sup Attorney At Law.

:)

lol

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2006, 11:21:39 AM »
lukster, all due respect, there is a bigger picture and youre refusing to look at it.read some of these posts, not mine,  these are thought provoking ideas that really need to be examined by people in a position to do something about it.come to baltimore and i can show you what the" war on drugs" has done to this city. the people who dont do drugs dont do them because theyre illegal, they dont do them because theyve made a choice.the people who do drugs are going to continue illegal or not.this has been the truth since time immemorial.btw, there is a growing undercurrent of law enforcement personnel who agree with this position. its the pols. who dont have the balls to see this tons of taxpayers money down the drain fiasco for what it is.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »
Might as well just give up on the "war on drugs", "war on terror" and trying to control our borders/immigration. I don't think it'll matter much. Islam is rapidly growing in America and the laws and their enforcement will probably be much more effective than what we have today.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
totally separate issues,my man.they have nothing to do with each other.nice try tho.:)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2006, 12:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by COBA94
totally separate issues,my man.they have nothing to do with each other.nice try tho.:)

What they have in common is our reslove to contiune our way of life.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
coba... while I agee for the most part with your post..... I do not believe the alcohol drug lords are afraid of the competition.

As a former addict I can tell you that there were boozers who didn't like other drugs even if they were free at the time.    I for instance, liked most drugs but thought pot was about the stupidest drug around...  I would rather just hit myself in the head than smoke it.    People develop preferences.... it is not even "either or".  

Most of the drugs I took increased my desire and tolerance for booze.

the alcohol drug lords know this better than anyone.

lazs

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
legalize all drugs...
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
If all some of you care about is eliminating laws so you can smoke pot you need to put down the bong and try to look at the bigger picture. There is one I assure you.

If Joe Blow sells them they're "illegal drugs", but if the Govt can collect tax $$ on them, those are "controlled substances".

The US Govt is totally cool with drugs, alcohol & cigarettes; both drugs... I'd say it's pretty much a fact Ted Kennedys' blushing vagina complexion is a result of his being a "drug addict".

The bigger picture is that stimulants and opiates are legally produced by the drug companies who cant patent weed and would lose billions if people started smoking NON ADDICTIVE blunts they grew at home for pennies on the dollar, rather paying $60+ for 1 months worth of ADDICTIVE OPIATES like vicodin.

As far a motivation for crime, a heroin junkie that is kick'n will take your head off, or maybe offer to polish it, for the $20 s/he needs to end physical withdrawals.