Author Topic: Whining about play degradation?  (Read 4214 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Whining about play degradation?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 02:10:10 PM »
There are a few who play that act like the kid who took his ball and went home. Too late for them, they are ruined.  There are others who play a certain way and would like it if everyone else played the same way with the same ride types. They need to grin and bare it. There are the types who will never be really good at this but enjoy themselves at what ever level they are. And you have the player that avoids an even fight and takes advantage of the situation and picks, runs what have you.

You throw all these guys into one arena and someone is gonna complain. Play the game your way..shut up, and have fun, or atleast put up with your frustration and allow others to have fun.

~AoM~

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »
Good way to put it Filth. I totaly agree!
325th Checkertails

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:22:02 PM »
I don't think we want everyone to play the way we play.

We want maps that allow us to play the way we like with the large number of like minded players who are either cutting down their playing time or leaving due to the gameplay.

I believe that the solution to gameplay that is so bad for a large portion of the group would be to simply put the fields closer together in all the maps a la festers ma.

The furballers would not be upset if the whorde types and terminaly clumsy and timid continued to pretend that taking fields was "fun"...  course we would still make fun of em but...

How can anyone resist?  

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 02:35:53 PM »
How can game play be so bad as to cut down logged time or (gasp) leave forever? I neeeed my AH hit when I Neeeed it!!!!!!!
325th Checkertails

Offline ManeDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:36:32 PM »
I also could not handle the decline in game play so......I quit.  And maybe if more did it would change!  Or  TOD would get expidited

ManeDog

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »
How can game play be so bad as to cut down logged time or (gasp) leave forever? I neeeed my AH hit when I Neeeed it!!!!!!!

When the type of game you log in for is a rarity, replaced by unopposed potatods that won't fight each other, timid cherry pickers that wont fight you unless you are already fighting one or more people or just plain crapy maps.

When you start looking for the fast paced, SA straining, constantly changing, all out fighting of small or large closely matched numbered groups, you will start to see what many are talking about and why many vets that have gotten past the easy mode gameplay "Tactics" of the current MA have just plain upped and quit the game until it offers equal chance of decent fights as it does every other game play style.

Imagine, you log in hoping for your fix and find out it is no longer offered and joining the lemmings wont cut it...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »
yep.. we are the old school excietment junkies...  The kind of gameplay we have now looks really bad in comparrison.

Those of us who are optimistic log on looking for those areas where that kind of fight is going on...  some just give up.

It would be better for everyone I think if there were areas where it was allways possible to get into that kind of fight.

And.... One whorde makes a wrong....two whordes can make a right.  Two whordes meeting each other is called a furball.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
When the type of game you log in for is a rarity, replaced by unopposed potatods that won't fight each other, timid cherry pickers that wont fight you unless you are already fighting one or more people or just plain crapy maps.

When you start looking for the fast paced, SA straining, constantly changing, all out fighting of small or large closely matched numbered groups, you will start to see what many are talking about and why many vets that have gotten past the easy mode gameplay "Tactics" of the current MA have just plain upped and quit the game until it offers equal chance of decent fights as it does every other game play style.

Imagine, you log in hoping for your fix and find out it is no longer offered and joining the lemmings wont cut it...

Cant say I have had that problem. Maybe I have lower standards.<(not meant as a slam)
325th Checkertails

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by ManeDog
I also could not handle the decline in game play so......I quit.  And maybe if more did it would change!  Or  TOD would get expidited

ManeDog

It's all right ManeDog, 5 noobs just signed up to take your place. :t

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 03:30:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
.....snip.....

I believe that all of the poor gameplay falls on the Aces High Training staff.......This is not a personal attack on the Aces High Training staff although they will take it as that, it is a call for others to help these new cadets......

Gotta disagree.

You forget the first rule of being a guy -- never ask for directions -- applies to AH2. The trainers can only help the people who ask for it, and to be honest 95% of what they deal with is at the "How do I take off?" level.

Once we get in the air, nearly everyone wants to just do it themselves...and that means the average AH player finds a skill level that he's personally comfortable with, then stays there.

Getting to be a true experten is entirely in the hands of the player, not the Training Staff. As soon as a player wants it, the teaching is there for as long as he wants it.

It takes motivation to get to be good, and that's 100% up to the individual. The "problem" comes not from the training staff, not from the commercials, not from the kill announcements or the capture models. Gameplay is what it is because the majority of the players dont want to make it better...they're comfortable with where they are.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 03:37:10 PM »
Ahh yes, the team work approach!!!:aok
325th Checkertails

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:53 PM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
Ahh yes, the team work approach!!!:aok

Lol...

But dont get me wrong..once someone wants help, the community answers the call with as much help and training as they can handle. The team exists, and will pull together to help out any way it can.

BUT the team cant force someone to get better. That has always been up to the individual, because we all know "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink"!

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
Could more of the problems be handled by better team work. I do hear and see more griping than planning on counter measures to atleast confront the problem.
325th Checkertails

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
Could more of the problems be handled by better team work. I do hear and see more griping than planning on counter measures to atleast confront the problem.

Not really...because, again, the "problem" depends on what people want to do. Many times I've offered to help, or to teach a maneuver, with very little interest in response.

I dont care how good the support team is, it cant do anything for someone who wants to be left alone to do it his own way.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »
I cant argue that!
325th Checkertails