Author Topic: <S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone  (Read 379 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »
also congratualtions to the following top 25 teams:
Miami, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska & West VA
for winning important early season non conference victories against respectively
Florida A&M, Cental Florida, Troy, Nicholls State & Eastern Washington (thats a long way to fly in your patsy :O ) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

last but not least, Congratulations to Maria Sharapova

you'd love to, but you couldn't hit her with decades of practice & instruction (andy roddick & roger federer excepted) :O

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »
Pshaw.  I might have been low on the varsity tennis rung, but I could easily dominate all the girls I played against.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
I'd play her but not on a tennis court.  I know my limitations.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »
Did we purposly forget OU and OSU?

Mac

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »
OSU lost to Boise State, they don't get a pat on the back for that...

But the Ducks did beat Fresno St.

Thanks for being concerned Mac, Go Ducks!

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 06:11:14 PM »
for winning important early season non conference victories against respectively
Florida A&M, Cental Florida, Troy, Nicholls State & Eastern Washington

Those games were important to the *patsies* from a financial standpoint. Nebraska paid $750,000 to Nicholls State for them to go to Lincoln for a beating in the woodshed. Those teams dont get to go to big bowl games with payouts in the millions so they have to schedule D-1A teams for their paydays.

Also, many of the top college programs have difficulty getting other top teams to agree to scheduling contracts. As an example, in the late 80's - early 90's Nebraska was trying to negotiate a home/home series with the Miami Hurricanes. Miami refused to go to Lincoln to play (Miami has never won in Lincoln).

Another aspect of the scheduling woes athletic directors face is when a team backs out of their contract it can be very difficult to find a D-1A replacement opponent, especially so when you consider many teams schedules are set years in advance.

At least none of those teams you listed lost to a D-1AA team like Colorado did during their opening game last week. How embarrassing for Colorado. :D

Just curious, what team are you a fan of? :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie

He didn't post pictures of Ohio St....
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
He didn't post pictures of Ohio St....

So I guess he's just a fan of a female tennis player? :D
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:53 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Those games were important to the *patsies* from a financial standpoint. Nebraska paid $750,000 to Nicholls State for them to go to Lincoln for a beating in the woodshed. Those teams dont get to go to big bowl games with payouts in the millions so they have to schedule D-1A teams for their paydays.

Also, many of the top college programs have difficulty getting other top teams to agree to scheduling contracts. As an example, in the late 80's - early 90's Nebraska was trying to negotiate a home/home series with the Miami Hurricanes. Miami refused to go to Lincoln to play (Miami has never won in Lincoln).

Another aspect of the scheduling woes athletic directors face is when a team backs out of their contract it can be very difficult to find a D-1A replacement opponent, especially so when you consider many teams schedules are set years in advance.

At least none of those teams you listed lost to a D-1AA team like Colorado did during their opening game last week. How embarrassing for Colorado. :D

should have left Nebraska out of it, they're @ USC next week
if i didn't like Ohio State, then starting this would make me a post potato

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 03:17:19 AM »
do u think im a post potato

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 03:18:14 AM »
i hope not

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 03:33:48 AM »
i went to school at Arizona, next week they're flying in Steve Austin.
lol they're gonna try to own this one guy.
but they didnt scout the dude too good i think
gimme $6million & teh points rofL!!!!

nicholls state, i bet they were dancing in the streets in lincoln

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 03:35:55 AM »
I know Nebraska is playing in LA next week. :)

I was just giving examples of how these patsies can get scheduled. ;)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »
Originally posted by Debonair
also congratualtions to the following top 25 teams:
Florida A&M, Cental Florida, Troy, Nicholls State & Eastern Washington (thats a long way to fly in your patsy :O ) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Did ya enjoy your opener against tough Northern Illinois? How about that nice game against powerhouse Cincinnati coming up this weekend?  Or Bowling Green in a few weeks (who almost didn't beat Buffalo!) Hmm, mustn't forget about those tough Big 10 conference games against Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern (who got beat pretty bad against a Div I-AA school) too!  

Every school has much weaker opponents on the schedule at some point.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
<S> Buckeyes!!!!1oneone
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »
nicholls state, i bet they were dancing in the streets in lincoln

Not really......

Folks are just glad that Callahan has the program back on the way to becoming a national powerhouse again. Frank Solich had the program slowly descending into the abyss. Solich couldn't or maybe wouldnt...recruit worth a darn.

Did ya enjoy your opener against tough Northern Illinois?

Folks who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks eh? :D