Author Topic: Furball and Srat I want both  (Read 433 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Furball and Srat I want both
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »
Most of my time has been spent in the EW since the change. I'm not a big MA guy the majority of my time pre-change was in the AVA/CT, or in the SEA.

I love the furball , but the strat game intrest me as well. I rarely got into it because of my limited MA experiance. Whne I did show up at a base capture attempt I rarely felt needed because of the mass of numbers at most of them.

I can understand wanting to play both games. Furball and Strat. What I could never understand was the porking of fields especially when the map had an FT setup in the middle. Nor can I see porking  a base unless... You intend to capture it or if it threatens the acpture attempt of a nearby base.

To me both of those reasons are valid for porking. Just to ruin a furball though has never made sense to me. With the smaller numbers I'm actually more interested in the strat game now.

It seems to me the MW area would be a good place for it. The fact that you may not have the best of everything available to pull it off also appeals to me. so I'm going to start partaking of the strat game more now , I'll try testing the MW arena waters first to see how it floats. if it don't workout......... There's always furballing.:D

I do believe even with the changes both forms of gameplay can still be done. It may take a bit more planning and effort, then before. I'm lookingforward to trying it out though. So I'll be seeing some of you MW guys soon. I got to break away from my F4F/P40E/SpitV fetish in EA first.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Furball and Srat I want both
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:27:35 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
so I'm going to start partaking of the strat game more now

Keep us posted, Shifty, I trust your opinion.

- oldman

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Furball and Srat I want both
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
I love the furball

how cute, i love you too xxx
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »
Yep.
I've had many a restless night since you started sporting that new avatar.:aok

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 11:49:22 AM »
oh, then you love hub.  not me. :cry
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:02:50 PM »
Ehh no. I thought your new avatar meant you loved Hub.:cry

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:04:14 PM »
Nothing stops anyone from playing the strat game now more than before.  The only difference is now with less people per arena, the toolshedder doesn't have a horde safety net to hide in, and without his precious La7 or Typhoon (besides in late war) that can outrun anything, he never makes it to target.  The result is more air to air combat, instead of the toolshedder racing to the target not having to worry about encountering resistance.  

I can understand how this frustrates people, I can just see the toolshedder frantically shrieking on vox for someone to cover him so he can win the war, and the horror when he can't get by that one lower and slower plane.  Must really be a horrible gaming experience.  His fingers are probably trembling all the way to the target.