Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 34729 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 01:38:44 PM »
I wonder if changing from 3 sides to 2 would be bad or good, considering the new structure.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »
Slash: with a touch of luck, tommorow.

HiTech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
We ultimately have to do what we think is best for the game.
====
Bravo! I applaud this change.

This is EXACTLY why you guys have been around so long.  

Now please, add the B-25, B29, P61, P39, Ki43, Ki100, M4, M24, M26, PantherD, T34/85, JS3, KingTiger and every other deployed machine that you can think of and have time for.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »
htc...IS THERE any consideration to decreasing the lethality and hardness of ack in the early and mid war arenas????
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
I myself like the new format and think that change is good, one question though I did not notice if the GV's were also divded by the new format. And how about this, add some new planes and vehicles for each period. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 02:00:52 PM »
Just tried the early planeset arena and I liked it. Numbers were good as well (150 on Uterus)... if it weren't for all those damned p40 dweebs!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »
I think ack lethality/hardness needs to be turned down in the Early War Arena, if we r stuck with this set up...

I also would like HTC to entertain the thought of re-opening the old MA, exactly how it was for 1 or 2 days...If this change is really in the best interest of the community, then you will see all 4 or 5 (however many damn arenas we have now) filled with players....If what we all know will happen, happens if u re open the MA, then you have a mandate of the community
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 02:08:08 PM »
Are you crazy?

No, we are rational and unemotional about this.   :lol

T4 - The New World
=================================================
I think the new setup is pretty cool, and once the cross arena squad location device is in place, i THINK alot of complaints will stop.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 02:11:25 PM »
Originally posted by Tilt
cancelling out the double negatives..........

early planes could be  retained into late arenas........

Yes, you wouldn't be incorrect in saying that.;)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »
Originally posted by MWL

cancelling out the double negatives..........

early planes could be retained into late arenas........

-----------------------------------

Won't this just make it a Junior MA?

I personnally have no dog in this fight, just question the logic of killing off the MA to bring back a baby version.

Regards,

I think the late arena is essentially the same as the old MA.  The old MA wasn't defined by early war planes, it was defined by late war planes.  That's why it's not out of the question that we'd go that direction.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 02:15:17 PM »
with the early planeset being on average slower planes and lower numbers are there plans to create smaller maps with closer bases?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 02:16:47 PM »
What are you talking about Pyro?  Do you know how many people flew extremely early war planes in the old Main Arena?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Re: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro

The caps need to be adjusted.

The cap numbers as well as the numbers of arenas will undergo adjustment as needed.  During the transition, we feel its important not to make them too large in order to overcome habit and herding behavior.  Things will change as we move through the transition period and people begin to regain their comfort level.

Why didn’t you take a poll or announce it earlier?

It wouldn’t be useful to us for this change.  We know it’s going to be controversial.  The real test is not whether people think they’re going to like it or dislike it, it’s what happens after we make the transition and things are settled.  I didn’t like beer the first time I tried it but I’ve grown quite fond of it since then.  The transition is the worst part and we have no interest in dragging that out opening up a conflict of speculation before it even starts.  We ultimately have to do what we think is best for the game. [/B]

3 things.

1) That first part " During the transition, we feel its important not to make them too large in order to overcome habit and herding behavior.  " reads to me "we are forcing you into arena's/planes you don't want to fly. This is utter junk. If one arena is full it's because the CUSTOMERS want that. Instead you want to FORCE us into other arena's/planes?

2)Analogy for beer, sigh. I didn't like a car accident the first time I got in one, that doesn't mean eventually I will like getting in car wrecks. This is a disaster.

3)If the caps don't go back up to around 500 or more on an arena, I am gone. Had you told me this change BEFORE you charged my account I would already have cancelled. You as the company I would have thought owed the community a little "head's up" because this is a drastic change. Instead you charge me $15 bucks and then promptly alter the game that I used to love so much. Not very professional...

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 02:22:36 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
What are you talking about Pyro?  Do you know how many people flew extremely early war planes in the old Main Arena?

I'm sure he does.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 02:26:12 PM »
Overall, I like it.  

The game was more fun on the smaller maps with fewer people anyway.  Now we can get back aerial combat.

...and as long as there is a cross-arena "ch 200", the community is not really fractured.