Author Topic: TE wish  (Read 369 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
TE wish
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:15:47 AM »
I wish the fighter entry point had a directional arrow like the vehicle and PT entry points do.  The fighter entry point (don't know about the bomber as I haven't used it yet) is just a red block.  Getting it aligned correctly with a runway seems to come down to just being lucky.
I have tried using the rotate tool as well as clicking and sliding in the direction I want the fighter to spawn.  Neither one seems to work right.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
TE wish
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:07:29 AM »
Place the entry point as a vehicle entry, rotate it in the direction you want it to be then change it to either a fighter or bomber entry point. It will then be pointing in the correct direction.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
TE wish
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »
One good thing to know badhorse is that the entry points ALWAYS face north after being placed. Then when you click the rotate button and press down to rotate the spawn point, the directional arrow (Which you can not see.) still faces / points at the mouse. So lets say you wanted the spawn point to face east. Just place down the object "entpnt", name it's properties as a fighter spawn, then select rotate. Now you just click down a little above or away from where you want the spawn point to face, and then drag the mouse into that location.

It will automatically point the directional arrow in that direction. Yet if this is too complicated, use NHawk's technique of naming it a Vehicle Spawn, then once you have it the way you want it, double-click the object's name in the "selected" list and change it's properties to the fighter spawn.:aok
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
TE wish
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 11:31:57 AM »
thanks guys.  NHawk, a very clever soultion to a very irriatating problem.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.