Author Topic: Sec of state upheld  (Read 1928 times)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2000, 01:27:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Lol! Man yer guns!!

You come from a state where a quarter of a million more people voted for Gore. It's as big a margin in that one state alone as in the entire country. It's also Lieberman's home state, where in the Senate election he beat his republican foe by a two to one margin.

Don't lose any sleep waiting for the revolution up there Cave - get out and enjoy the fall season.. take a walk or something    

Well I'll be damned, Nash finally caught in his speculations.

I do not, as you say, come from a state where a quarter of a million people voted for Goron.  I come from a state where Bush carried 56% (966k) of the popular vote.  The state I call home went to Bush with 55% of the popular vote (1.4mil).  The state I call home, and cast an absentee ballot in, is Georgia.  I was born in Alabama.  Those two states are where my roots are.

Connecticut is niether of those states.
And since you mention it, I the state I am stuck in had a little more than three quarters of a million people cast votes for Gore (789k).  That state is connecticut.  Not like you to miss a number like that, or have you just been fudging all the numbers you've been posting?

I guess you missed it in another thread where I said I was a Navy dependent, the ONLY reason I'm stuck in this God forsaken place.  Guess you were too busy calling everyone gullible (or whatever phrasing you used).

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2000, 02:57:00 AM »
 An all democrat supreme court is going to decide the will of the people? Right.

The only way the will of the people will ever be recognized in this country. Is if every citizen hires a personal lawyer to represent him.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2000, 03:04:00 AM »

ack nah... not gonna go there.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 11-18-2000).]

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by easymo:
An all democrat supreme court is going to decide the will of the people? Right.

The only way the will of the people will ever be recognized in this country. Is if every citizen hires a personal lawyer to represent him.

My lawyer is Sam Colt  

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2000, 11:47:00 AM »
If you dont trust your supreme court how can you trust your country at all ?

Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris does not have to accept late hand-counted votes in the presidential election

Is this the same lady which is also one of Bush's supporters and is member of electorate?

Good show, You should change your president once in a year !

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2000, 12:53:00 PM »
Just make sure to hold out long enough for the T.V. crews to get there to document your heroism in using violence to defend your vision of America.  That way you can take your place alongside the other great modern-day patriots.  Men such as  Timothy McVeigh,  Theodore Kaczynski,  Melvin Hale, and the many other good citizens of this nation that have taken up arms to defend the true principles of America that our founding fathers sought to establish!

Viva la revolution!

Gordo

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2000, 02:22:00 PM »
Nice try Gordo!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
Gents,

Has it occurred to any of you fine Americans that Mrs. Harris is on George W. Bushes election committee and probably isn't the best choice of a person to make a decision regarding the election?

Isn't that the purpose of the State supreme court?

BTW, George W. Bush this year in the state of Texas passed a law requiring a hand count in the case of a very close election. Why do think he has changed his mind now?

Glad to see there is no hippocracy among the Republicans on this board.

F4UDOA

[This message has been edited by F4UDOA (edited 11-18-2000).]

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2000, 06:38:00 PM »
The Florida supreme court has taken the powers of the office of Secretary of State, the court has over ruled the will of the people by her election to office.

Your whining that she is a partisan falls on deaf ears at this time.

Now we will see how this Democrat court rules Monday,and why they had to wait to start deliberation is way beyond any reason.

All other courts were able to act in a responsible and timely way.  Why this court is unable to act sure adds suspicion to their final ruling!!

F4UDOA, are you moving to NY so you can be represented in the Senate by MS Clinton?

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 11-18-2000).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2000, 06:49:00 PM »
Has it occurred to any of you fine Americans that Mrs. Harris is on George W. Bushes election committee and probably isn't the best choice of a person to make a decision regarding the election?
====
Why does the law of Florida allow partisans to be ***elected*** to positions overseeing elections?  Do you get the sense (as I do) that the election mechanism in Florida is broken?  Bush has won in Florida twice but you would prefer to mess with those damned ballots until they become spoiled enough to allow democrat controlled canvassing boards the option to "guess" that AlGore is our President?  Dont think so.......

====
Oh touche my fine friend!  This is a liberal court all democrats and one liberal being elected by democratic governers....getting a sense of a double standard yet?

BTW, George W. Bush this year in the state of Texas passed a law requiring a hand count in the case of a very close election. Why do think he has changed his mind now?
====
Again touche, but of course.  The very Texas law you describe did not apply to ballots rejected by the machine, only a hand count of ballots accepted by the machine.  Did you know this already and like the massive liberal media conveniently forget to mention it where as the fine democratic folks in Floridas' three largets compost piles of democrats feels free to count and assume the voter intent on ballots rejected by those finely tuned said machines.

Glad to see there is no hippocracy among the Republicans on this board.
====
Nice try  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

LJK Raubvogel

Sec of state upheld
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by F4UDOA:

Ahh yes, the non-partisan Court with 6 Democratic judges out of 7.

The law passed in Texas applied to the ballots that are tallied by optical scan. Unlike Floriduh, they have no chads, and can't be easily altered in the hand counting process.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2000, 08:47:00 PM »
1776 they may have decided to wait and see the results of the absentee ballots.  These may make the projected numbers from the hand recounts moot (but that won't stop Gore's legal actions).

F4U I believe someone posted that the law signed by Bush was for a statewide recount, along with what everyone else above posted.  I'm not from TX, and I could be remembering incorrectly.

Yeager, the judges were appointed, not elected.  Slight difference  
But yes, they were all appointed by Dem governors.  They may have to deal with elections every so often so the people can kick them out if needs be... not sure.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2000, 10:58:00 PM »
The supreme court, without hearing the case, ordered an elected official to not do her duty.  Now doesn't that raise a lot of questions in your mind??  Just how impartial is this court?????  Why would a court that hasn't heard the case issue an order??!!??

The case could have been heard after certification.  The law would then have been served as mandated by the people of Florida through their elected officials.

I think the supreme court is only going to muddy all the issues involved in the "election".

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2000, 03:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by CavemanJ:
Yeager, the judges were appointed, not elected.  Slight difference  
But yes, they were all appointed by Dem governors

The biggest mistake out Founding Fathers ever made... But then again, in their times, they just assummed that everybody is fundamentally honest. They actually thought that "it is not the man who should seek the office, it is the office who should seek the man".

I, for one, can't blame them. The "clinton/gore" disease has not been discovered until centuries after they passed on  .

mietla

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Sec of state upheld
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
F4UDOA,
You stated:

F4, Harris is the Secretary of State in Florida: http://www.dos.state.fl.us/

You and I do not decide "who is the best choice" to make responsible for elections in Florida. The Florida legislature has done that already. It is Harris's responsibilty whether she wants it or not.  

It is moot now however, since the FL Supreme Court has ordered her not to certify votes until further notice...

I think the Florida Supreme Court is in a CYA mode, (can't blame them, history will judge them) and they are searching for the safest route to take. They obviously felt that if Harris certified the Florida votes, they would be out of options.

It remains to be seen whether the rerecounted-by-hand votes will be allowed. That may become moot as well, if Gore doesn't get the votes he needs.

<S>
Gunthr

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century