Author Topic: The best part of the game is now history  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
The best part of the game is now history
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:22:24 PM by hitech »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
The best part of this game was MA,  and the massive multiplayer flavor,

I bought last week and instaled "IL2 complete edition", with some downloads/skins, the size of the game is over 6GB, comparing with my AH folder  aprox 600MB,
Way more advanced graphic, FM,DM.., and online  aprox 100 players/room, free to join once you have the game and behave

I still don't understand, why did HTC kill MA, the only think that made this game worth paying for  ?!

Why would players pay for AH every month 15$, when  can buy IL2 in box for 30$ or download free somwhere, a game with aprox same or some better features ?!

I like IL2 very much. As you stated AH was always a draw for me because of the numbers of players all in one room. That is now gone.

In time it might get better.

But i am enjoying other games at this time.

PS...our squad has decided to make the best of things as well, We have switched arenas, countries and flown planes we really dont like at all.

How long this will last? I dodnt know.

Is it less fun across the board? Yes

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
only HTC understands why, i suppose i might follow you're route into IL2.......

Sir,i honestly  hope for HTC to bring MA back, in IL2 it took me 4-5 hours to learn to take off , and use engine without busting rings and overheat it, they don't have auto take off/pilot,
 That game is cool but too complex, i'm too old to learn it
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:38:12 PM by ghi »

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2006, 02:42:04 PM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 03:43:10 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »
and lets be honest...if the cap in lw1 was raised to 500....then mw and ew would die on the vine...

I don't think so and I am all for raising the cap on the late war arena.

In EW people are there because they want to be and the arena is great.

The EW arena blows when, like you said, the LW guys go there because of the Caps.  

Honestly EW wouldn't die if the caps were removed, it just wouldn't be over populated by runners and BnZrs.  I don't mean that as a hack against any of you.

You can always tell when you have LW guys in EW, they take spits and hurries to 10k, only attack when you don't seem to be looking or are otherwise engaged, run after the initial merge is blown and can't handle planes in close or down on the deck.

I completely support raising or removing caps on LW.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »
The best part of this game was MA, and the massive multiplayer flavor,

I bought last week and instaled "IL2 complete edition", with some downloads/skins, the size of the game is over 6GB, comparing with my AH folder aprox 600MB,
Way more advanced graphic, FM,DM.., and online aprox 100 players/room, free to join once you have the game and behave

The funniest part of this comment is, you left aces high because you can't get that "massive multiplayer flavor", but your happy with IL2's 100 players LOLH.

Honestly guys, remember all those crying about leaving when AHII came out.  We'll HT survived and thrived.  Same thing is going to happen now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
See Rule #2, #4, #5

No it's not.  You might think it is but you're wrong.

Definition of a MMO..

A Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG or MMO) is a computer game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously, and is played on the Internet. Typically, this type of game is sometimes played in a giant persistent world.

MMOs enable players to compete with and against each other on a grand scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. Most MMOs require players to invest large amounts of their time into the game.

No tell me how AH doesn't qualify?  Are you able to get over 200+ players in one arena that can simultaneously engage in combat with each other?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:07:53 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
The funniest part of this comment is, you left aces high because you can't get that "massive multiplayer flavor", but your happy with IL2's 100 players LOLH.

Honestly guys, remember all those crying about leaving when AHII came out.  We'll HT survived and thrived.  Same thing is going to happen now.

I was there. No one didnt like the new thing. Maybe someone with krap systems had low fps at the beginning, then AH2 was fine tuned. Almost everyone was excited for new graphics, strategics, clouds, aircraft flow and so on. HTC survived becouse AH2 was much needed. In six years I've never seen so many people talking about playing less and less and perhaps leaving. Never I saw a difficult moment like this one. I'm worried. Ok, its only a game: I'm worried about my preferred game, ok.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »
Originally posted by gatt
I was there. No one didnt like the new thing. Maybe someone with krap systems had low fps at the beginning, then AH2 was fine tuned. Almost everyone was excited for new graphics, strategics, clouds, aircraft flow and so on. HTC survived becouse AH2 was much needed. In six years I've never seen so many people talking about playing less and less and perhaps leaving. Never I saw a difficult moment like this one. I'm worried. Ok, its only a game: I'm worried about my preferred game, ok.

Then you must have forgotten about the ENY Nuclear Meltdown ... that was on the same par as this change ... as far a whining and quitting goes.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2006, 04:01:48 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!

I don't understand your comparations ?!
 AH2 was a real improvement, came out with few hundreds more MBs  in game size,graphic,new models, that required better sistem, videocards,  and made some players quit , complain, until they bought new sistems,
 But what did this change bring new or better?:(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:08:12 PM by ghi »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »
HTC survived becouse AH2 was much needed
I agree that AH2's graphics update had to happen.

And just like the AH2's change was needed so was this change.

As far as the player strife it created, I would take the current change over the AH2 change any time.

With AH2 there were people who suddenly could not play at all.
Today there are just some people who can not play exatly like they used to.

HiTech

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »
but you dont care right?

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »
I'm wondering why BK's even post about anything in Aces High. I haven't seen a single one of them in months. So how does thier opinion possibly reflect the playabilty of the game as it stands now? Just Curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2006, 06:32:52 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
but you dont care right?

No he cares enough to tell us to "Go Suck an Egg"

Truely Professional IMHO:confused:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:39:13 PM by SHawk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
Originally posted by SHawk
No he cares enough to tell us to "Go Suck an Egg"

Truely Professional IMHO:confused:

aye :(