Author Topic: For those following the WWIIO saga...  (Read 895 times)

Offline Shire_PLH

• Zinc Member
For those following the WWIIO saga...
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2001, 08:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cabby44:
Superfly:

If you could READ and COMPREHEND, i responded HERE to the the moronic GLEE some people HERE take over the difficulties of WWIIOL(and OTHER GAME PRODUCERS) and the recent LAYOFFS.  I think that SUX.  I think that attiude is STUPID.  COMPRENDE??  

If you, as you say, READ AGW, just CHECK the DIFFERENCE in repsonses to the bad news about WWIIOL and the PEOPLE(some of whom i have talked to online many times, some in person, some i PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH every week) who USED to WORK there for a LIVING to the general NASTINESS posted at THIS BBS towards both WARBIRDS and WWIIOL.  

Not only do AH'ers post their NEGATIVE DRIVEL here, but they do it at AGW AS WELL.  That too, SUX.  COMPRENDE???

I didn't say ONE WORD about the GAME ACES HIGH, which i happen to think is A GREAT GAME.  A game SUPERIOR to WB's 2.77 but, IMHO, not FOR ME at THIS TIME.   But the ATTITUDE of your PLAYER BASE sometimes leaves MANY of we WARBIRDS/AIR WARRIOR/WWIIOL ETC. PLAYERS gasping.  Why are they SO NASTY  and so QUICK to RUN-DOWN OTHER GAMES AND DEVELOPERS???  This turns many potential AH CUSTOMERS OFF.

Many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS of YOUR company would like to see a more MATURE attitude in the AH ARENA, and maybe a DIFFERENT DIRECTION in GAMEPLAY than the one Aces High is currently embarked upon.  BUT, that doesn't mean Aces High isn't a GREAT GAME.  Nor does it mean that OTHER GAMES aren't as GREAT A GAME as Aces High.  They are just DIFFERENT.

I post here in the "OFF TOPIC"(which i assume means UNCENSORED) AH BBS because i have ALWAYS considered myself a POTENTIAL customer of HTC.  I don't POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS about AH in the AH MAIN BBS because that's STUPID, and UN-CALLED FOR.  I LIKE Aces HIgh.  If some of the morons who posted in this thread don't WANT me as CUSTOMER of HTC, i couldn't care less.  They can kiss my ass.

HOWEVER, if YOU think i should take my OPINIONS(and by inference, MY MONEY) elsewhere, then perhaps i should RECONSIDER.....

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, SUPERFLY???

Cabby

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

LOL..been following this Whine of the Week thread.   I believe we have a candidate for atleast 3 months worth...  :rolleyes:   :eek:   ;)

Offline Bagpipe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2001, 01:41:00 AM »
Cabby, are you related to Kurt Tank?

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2001, 05:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bagpipe:
Cabby, are you related to Kurt Tank?

LMAO , havn't seen that name in a few years . U used to fly CFS1 then ?

About ww2online , am sorry that so many lost their jobs , that and they did it just before the holidays   :(

More corp. roadkill , that is . Layoff before holiday pay etc .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2001, 09:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cabby44:

I can't believe some of you jack-asses take pleasure in the  financial demise, or the financial struggles of, a bunch of people trying their damndest to bring a concept to life that they BELIEVE in very much but, on upon further consideration based on reading the Aces High BBS from it's inception, i'm not surprised at all........

Cabby

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

Cabby...do me a favor and tell me please, where were the "love muffines" wishing bad things on Cornered Rat at in this thread before you posted the above drivel and started up the BBQ pit?  There was nothing but condolences being posted until you came along and struck the match with your comment about AH players being love muffines.  I have to admit, its not the first time I have seen you do this in a thread...prolly wont be the last either.   :rolleyes:

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Toad:

Yeah, stuff like fighters and bombers, tanks, flaks, trucks, convoys, trains, carrier groups, submarines, amphibious troop carriers,  a supply system, maybe a FPS bit for field capture...

if only SOMEBODY would work on a WW2 game like that and it actually worked. Of course, you'd want them to keep improving it and putting out an update every three months or so.

Man, that would be something, wouldn't it? It'd have to be affordable too... maybe $15 a month or so.

:D

Life is good.. if you know where to look!

Back to the subject:
Toad, bingo big time   :)

WWIIOl, the game, is just too ambitious.  Too much was promised in too short a timeframe.  
  AH will slowly and steadly move in that direction without promising the "dream"   :)  Suddenly we will wake and find ourselves totally immersed in WWII!!

I figure when I get back online in a couple of months after recovery I will find AH advancing faster then my perception was when I was following it day by day.  I am still amazed at the speed of the developement of this sim.  Always something new and interesting.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »
Good luck tomorrow, OZ.

We'll all be thinking of you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2005, 05:39:33 PM »
and the saga continues....

"Mo" left CRS on his own however Toto, Hatch, Lindir, and another were laid off this week.   Good luck guys.  Liked Toto, didn't know Lindir much and well plainly put I couldn't stand Hatch (or Doc). Still. I hate to see anyone laid off at all.

and best of luck guys.

http://agw.bombs-away.net/showthread.php?t=50886

(p.s the game has turned into a *major* steaming pile with the latest "developments." Those left are gonna need a lot more than luck)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2005, 05:50:08 PM »
Does that mean ww2 online is going belly up soon?

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2005, 06:29:59 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Does that mean ww2 online is going belly up soon?

Wouldn't be suprised, some unofficial game numbers put the online playerbase at not much bigger than AH's (1.5-2x is my guess). Lots of things have happened in the last 6 months, imho crs are trying to make a game for 100,000 players with only 7000 players... and its not working. Sad really, the playerbase are so supportive (welll maybe except for me) of CRS - if it does go CRS can take the blame all by themselves.

Roll on ToD.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2005, 06:33:43 PM »
I haven't seen a good cross-bbs pissing match in years.  These were always fun to read.

I enjoyed the ground aspect of WWIIOL.  Sorry to hear about the housecleaning, that always sucks.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2005, 07:05:55 PM »
"...going belly up soon?"

CRS was larger than HTC from day one.  Half the original '99 crew were laid off or left at one point or another.  I added and X in front of those I know have left or were let go and ?'s marks for those I think were also...

John MacQueen President/COO
Jim Mesteller, CEO

X Roger "FT" Long
? Steve "Caligula" Evans
? Troy "Rampage" Lowe
? David "Cap'n Trips" Bell
X Rodney "Hatch" Hodge
X Mark "Snail" Pribe
X Chris "Mo" Sherland
X John "Kango" Lundy
X Jonathan "Hoof" Hoof
?  Russell "Hoss" Mirabelli
?  Marty "Vandal" Poulin
?   Ron "Caveman" McClellan
X  Neil "Corn" Huntley
?  Kevin "Squirm" Rivas
X Jennifer "Dragon" Bell
   Geof  "DocDoom" Evans  
   Al "Rafter" Corey

This time what transpired would be akin, IMO,  to most everyone leaving or being let go at HTC except HiTech and say, Superfly.

Mo was thier "Pyro" and the other guys were prominent too. Not just mere webboard scourging, customer bashing loudmouths. ;)   IMO this may have a major impact on future development - at the very least the speed of it will come to a crawl for a while.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2005, 07:22:59 PM »
Originally posted by Cabby44
Hoss
Caligula

That is/was the Mac Team.  

This is sad.  WWIIOL has the best idea in WWII MMP Sims, but it's many problems with the initial release hurt it badly.  I know many of you AH FanBoys can't stomach anything but Aces HIgh Uber Alles, but if(as Air Warrior did)WWIIOL dies, or if WBIII dies, we ALL will lose a lot too.  A lot.

Whether ANY Online MMP WWII Air Combat Sim can survive economically is very much in doubt.  We may end up having to play on somebody's dedicated server(like we do with NASCAR 4, Grand Prix Legends, Falcon 4, and possibly IL-2, and SOMEBODY has to pay for the bandwidth/equipment) with very "mission specific" gameplay.

Some people, especially the "hardcore grognards" may like this, but many, many players won't.........

I can't believe some of you jack-asses take pleasure in the  financial demise, or the financial struggles of, a bunch of people trying their damndest to bring a concept to life that they BELIEVE in very much but, on upon further consideration based on reading the Aces High BBS from it's inception, i'm not surprised at all........

Cabby

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

When CRS refunds the 50 bucks or so I paid for their piece of crap software. That in the first couple YEARS!!! didnt even come close to being what they said it would be. I might have some feelings besides HAHA!!!!!!!!! untill then they can kiss my arse. I and god knows how many others were ripped off and lied to about the playability and function of their software released years bofore it was even close to being ready.

So dont come in here and tell me how I should feel about the company that ripped me off STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2005, 07:23:29 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
IMO this may have a major impact on future development - at the very least the speed of it will come to a crawl for a while.

This is of the greatest concern, because right now the game is in the "most" need of fixing up. My sub is still active, but for the last month or so I've been this >< close to unsubbing due to the effect reset modelling and ingame rule changes have on my squadies (aka the Breakfast Club). A lot of them have unsubb'd.

I really am anxiously awaiting ToD, while WW2OL's "theatre" is way more fun than the AH MA, the flight and damage models (or lack of) are extremely frustrating - especially for an axis player.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »
Holy crap this is a blast from the past.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2005, 07:53:06 PM »
Shame shame, isnt there a statute of limitations on how old a thread you are allowed to dig up?  4 years is a bit of a stretch.