Author Topic: I finally did it  (Read 2280 times)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
I finally did it
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I tried that, but it was counter-intuitive to muscle memory. I use the throttle hat for 3/4 high views, especially useful when turning with an enemy.

Rather than relearn, I simply spent a few hours in our machine shop and milled a contoured hand rest for the stick. It matches the contour of the stick. It's retained by a pair of socket-head cap screws in recessed counter-bores. I used black Delrin (a high-impact thermo-plastic) and it looks like it was OEM.

Therefore, the stick now fits me perfectly.

My regards,

Widewing

A Man after my own heart.:aok
When it doesn't work the way you like, Reverse engineer it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
I finally did it
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
Heya apar how you been my dutch friend? :)

The reason I retturned my X 52 was because there was too much travel.  It felt TOO loose for my taste.  I like a tighter feel on a stick for more precise movements and the X 52 just felt sloppy.  However, the throttle and everything else was sweet.

Good Messiah, I returned after a nice long break (still brushing off dust hehe)

I agree on the sloppy feeling, but I think it only feels sloppy, the respons is immediate and no spikes here. I have to calibrate it though everytime I enter an arena

Apar

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
I finally did it
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 01:36:46 PM »
Good choice Nomak You'll love it.

You can program this gear to do anything you want. Just takes time and a little learning.

I agree with Widewing, Long reach for that hat switch. I have small hands so I just programmed the microstick on the throttle to control the views.

I'm pretty good with the CMS scripting so if you have any questions about it I'll be happy to help.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
I finally did it
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »
6-8 weeks while I learn pedals

Wish I had learned that fast :( hehe .

=======

SlapShot

1 1/2 metal bracket from Truevalue hardware store and a hose clamp :) Yep I took a file to that hat also , was hurting my thumb , why they don't use the left one is beyond me as that is the best feeling one of he bunch .

Widewings looks a hell of a lot better but this is working fine for me so far , just don't over tighten the hose clamp or the pinkie button won't work .

My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
I finally did it
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »
hmmmmmmm
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
I finally did it
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
I Just programmed the lower hat button on the stick for views, and the higher one (with the little point) for less important tasks :)

Works just fine. You can see the button clearly in the image posted above by airspro.

Charon
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:51:40 PM by Charon »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
I finally did it
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 08:03:02 AM »
I take great pride in being a peasant flying with sub-standard equipment.

~AoM~

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
I finally did it
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 12:53:59 PM »
Batfink...I'm glad u don't use CH products. It's scary to think how good you would be with one.:eek: