Author Topic: X52  (Read 839 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »
Is anyone willing to help me with my X52...I bought it about a year ago, but switched back to my microsoft sidewinder within hours....make a long story short, the sidewinder is dead, I now have 2 use the X52, and I lost the box for instructions....Im looking for someone to take some time with me and help me set up a profile and give me some tips on this beast

thanks and let me know ASAP

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »
Cav, try here: Saitek X52 Manual
Might take a minute to download, and is 77 pages of PDF file.  BUT, once it loads, just save it and your good.

:aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline shiningpathb4me

• Copper Member
Well I can tell you what I did
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 04:50:08 PM »
But that may not help you. Whatever I tell you might be wrong, or not as good as someone elses advice, O.K.?

Don't bother with installing the software or reading the instructions. Plug in stick, calibrate in Windows, go to game and set it up the same way you set up any JS. Set your inputs first, then map your buttons. Its that simple. I have two modes in the game, one for planes and one for GV's. One of these days I might make another one for bombers.

I have no idea how to create a profile using the Saitek software. I've only had 'issues' once, when I installed my ATI chipset drivers before getting all of the windows updates installed (on a new PC).  Something about that caused my USB ports to misbehave.

Offline shooter1cac

• Zinc Member
      • http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3707/sapplf6.jpg
X52
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:51:24 PM »
Cav I had TONS of problems using the X-52 software for anything but the most minor things. I just set it up in AH and the only thing I used the x-52 software for was for things like increasing/decreasing the gun sight zoom, tail hook,brakes, squad talk, and map zoom in and out.
I can send you my profile if ya want..and you can change as you see fit...but it really is easier to do it how you want it as I still use the keyboard for a lot of stuff.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:01:17 PM »
Just like these other two guys Cav, I forgot to mention it to you, I did just like them. Plugged it in and went to town.  I did this because I didn't have the time to do it all.  I will eventually, probably when I get back stateside and have some time.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the default keyboard commands for AH?  I am going to take the hard route, and try and program everything I want into the editor, but I cant think of half the buttons off hand....thanks
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 05:26:29 PM »
I cant even get guns to fire in AH =(...i hate this X52
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 05:49:57 PM »
you either need to program an ah saitek profile or program the stick inside ah
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
does anyone know where I can find a list of default keyboard commands for AH?

ie- B=fire ect...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »
Palazzom1@southernct.edu

If u dont mind, id like 2 check out some of your profiles...tanks

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 06:06:56 PM »
Cav:

It's really not that hard to get set-up.

Open up the Joystick window in AH and select MAO CONTROLLER.
Click on the DEFAULT MAP button on upper left side.
You should now have views on your hat, primary & secondary wep on your joystick. Test the various switches and buttons and see what they correspond to. You can always modify them to your liking. I have the upper left 4-way hat set to MOVE HEAD UP,DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT.

The lower joystick base toggles can be assigned for gear, WEP, auto speed, auto climb, etc.

Now for the throttle, assign the throttle handle to Throttle 1 ...i think that's the Z axis. On the back of the throttle handle is a 4-way switch. I use that for (left) flaps down, (right) flaps up, (top) mic channel, (bottom) mic range.

The big blue button on the throttle I assigned to Clipboard toggle. The next botton down is set to ZOOM. I've never bothered to mess with the slider, the dials or mini-mouse. I believe you can also program the three "multi function display" buttons on the throttle base for whatever you choose.

As said before, the Saitek programming software is a clusterphug. I'd save that task for a very rainy day.

PM me with your phone # if you're still having probs and I'll walk ya through it step by step.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
X52
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
does anyone know where I can find a list of default keyboard commands for AH?

http://www.netaces.org the Quick Reference Guide.

Or the help file (*shudder*) ;).

Edit: The only key i dont think is listed in either reference yet is the "H key" - Mouse Control Toggle by default. But with X52 you better unmap that anyway.

I programmed my Saitek in AH, never installed the software. Since im only using the stick for AH (dont need multiple setups/profiles) that worked best.

If you want help with setting it up in AH, shoot me a mail Schatzi@slowcats.de or look me up in the TA.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:25:41 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
OH yeah....keyboard dot commands I believe can be found at
http://www.netaces.org

good luck bro!

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »
I'll add a bit here.  I just plugged it in and mapped in AH.  DO NOT MAP THE SLIDER OR ROTOR CONTROLS.  Even though initially they may work, they will eventually cause a freeze of other controls and you won't know what the problem is.  I discovered it by removing the slider and rotor mappings and then everything else worked again.  Went through this twice to verify.  Also, HiTech has said in the past NOT to map slider and rotors in AH.
The x52 is a great stick in and of itself.  Mapping problems are  not knowing how to properly do it in AH.  I'm had and mapped 3 of them so far.
The new mapping interface is not as intuative is the old one, but it does work.  And remember that the Throttle is the Z axis listed in the map window.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin