Author Topic: cpu temperature ?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
cpu temperature ?
« on: April 30, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
Ive got about 57c when it locks up i would like to  know about how high the temperature on a amd atlon  goes on other systems ?
After last post i heard they could go up to 65 wich is max, but would like to know average temp like when in windows or even better when playing AH ?

airguard

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
cpu temperature ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Check the manufacturers website, Intel's website had the temp my chip should be running at, I'm sure AMD lists the min/max for their chips.

LLv34 Smuli

cpu temperature ?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
I think that the max temperature depends lot of your system. I have AMD TB 1.2G and i AH CPU temperature rises up to 70oC while in idle it is about 60oC. And still - I don't have any lock-ups in any games I play.

Some ppl might say that 70 deg is too high. But I have changed my heat sink and cooler already and temperatures went down 10 oC from whet they used to be.

I don't know high reliable those temperature sensors in Mobos are anyway...

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
cpu temperature ?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2001, 08:47:00 PM »
Guys, that's too hot, you are shortening the life of your CPUs.  Mine is overclocked 227 Mhz and runs at 49C FULL LOAD.  The Tbirds can withstand up to 90C, but the recommended would be under 60C.

I would consider buying a better heatsink and having someone mount it for you.  It is kind of dangerous to take a heatsink on and off a Tbird.

In the meantime, try running with the case off and record the temperature.  If it is much lower, add some case fans.

------------------
bloom25
-MAW-
(Formerly of the)
THUNDERBIRDS