Author Topic: Failed Installations  (Read 857 times)

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
Failed Installations
« on: August 17, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
Hi, guys.   :)

Three times, now, I have attempted to install the current version of AH on my computer; each time there has been difficulty.  Please assist with as much information as you can provide me.

1st attempt:
I downloaded 99% of AH1073.exe; then, my connection to your server failed.  Therefore, the download failed.

2nd attempt:
I downloaded the entire file off of the mirror site that is listed on your website.
I tried to install the program, but immediately received the following error message: "Could not initialize installation. (CRC) The parameter is incorrect."

3rd attempt:
I downloaded the entire file off of a private server that one of my squad mates has at his home.  I attempted to install the program, but immediately received the following error message: This program cannot be run in DOS mode."  (Well, I'm working in the Windows98 environment; not straight-out of DOS; so, I'm a bit confused.)

Any suggestions from the more technically knowledgeable, please?     :cool:  Thank you!

btw, I'm running Win98; using DirectX 8...if that matters.  AH *USED* to work about 6 or 7 months ago on this same computer!?!

Enduro Rider (hoping to fly this weekend)

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Enduro Rider ]
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Failed Installations
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
Almost certainly you are getting a bad download or some program on your computer is corrupting the install process.  (Turn off virus scanners when installing.)

I hate to say it, but try downloading it again from scratch and delete the old files.

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
Failed Installations
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
Thank you, bloom25  :)  It worked on the re-d/l.  

Enduro
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.