Author Topic: Ground vehicle throttle - not working  (Read 472 times)

Offline aqhawasi

• Zinc Member
Ground vehicle throttle - not working
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:42:49 PM »
I have a full CH setup: fighterstick, throttle, pedals (all USB).  It works great when flying, and also with the PT Boats.  For ground vehicles however, everything works except the throttle slider.  This wouldnt be an issue, except the keyboard keys wont work to increase the throttle either.  I can start/stop the engine, change gears, etc. but the throttle wont go anywhere.  What is really weird is that it does work for PT Boats (?!?!).  I've enabled and disabled the automatic mode selection feature, nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Peru

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
clipboard-preferences-controls-map controls- check box for mirror mode 2.(or something like that)

AKNOT

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »
for vehicals the joystick is the throttle. push forward to accel. and pull back to brake.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 02:14:46 AM »
Make sure in OPTIONS > CONTROLS > Map Controllers your "mode 2 (vehicles & boats) is mapped. Its enough to Copy Mode 1 (or you can adjust Mode2 after copying... like map keys for gear shift, toggle vehicle damage etc).

Then make sure the box "auto select mode at start of flight" is checked (OR have keys mapped to select mode1 and mode2 manually).

As Batfink already said, in GV, E to start engine, Q and W to shift gears (or respective buttons on stick if mapped to "shift gear" - mapped to "flaps" WONT work!), push Joystick forward to accellerate, left and right to steer, back to brake.

In PT boat, use the THROTTLE to accellerate.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline aqhawasi

• Zinc Member
User error...
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys... For some reason I thought the throttle was controlled by the traditional throttle control keys... not the joystick.  Tapping it forward produced the expected results.  While on this topic, for gunnery of such things as tanks, cruisers, off-shore batteries... is there a special gunnery view that can be accessed, or what you see is what you get? The zoom factor helps, but not that much.  Some targets, which are physically far but in range, you have no idea whether you are hitting or not.  Is there a way to "super zoom" or get specific bearings on a target (such as by when using the cruiser guns)?
Thanks,

Peru

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 01:08:26 PM »
Check the help file for the different modes those big guns use.
Big guns referring to naval 5" and 8" guns and the shore batteries.
There is the default 'manual' mode plus 'land' and 'sea' modes that help in targeting and viewing the target.
Try the following link to an old thread on using Land and Sea modes.
'Large Gun Battery help'
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160201&highlight=land+mode

Tank gunnery is usually shorter range and the zoom function is all you have there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 01:14:46 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 05:23:14 PM »
push the zoom button then use these keys  [ and ] to zoom in and out farther.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:15:06 AM »
'Z' is the default zoomm button, along with '[' and ']' as moneyguy said.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]