Author Topic: another session of "small but fun" stuff..  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
another session of "small but fun" stuff..
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »
P.S. we've had uneven gear retraction for a while. Even way back before the P51s got redone, the old P51s had one gear coming up much faster than the other. It's just an animation thing. Some have it some don't. I guess they don't think about it every time they re-do a new plane, so it's not as prominent anymore. They used to time the gear doors so they didn't close until the wheel was past it, but I don't know if they still check that stuff.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 08:52:45 AM »
Originally posted by hacksaw1
How about the moon appearing in the daylight sky, as it does in real life. Gibbous, Half-moon, quarter moon, new moon. The moon is not just "full" every day of the month.

How about more realistic sun & moon size first, dammit? That HUGE fireball make me crazy :furious
And moon looks terrible :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 10:20:01 AM »
Idea for water splashes by bullets.

Currently if you shoot a round say a (.303) into the water and then a (20mm) into the water, both splashes are the same height. Shouldn't the lighter round make a smaller splash, and the heavier round make a bigger splash. Its like humans, the small kid jumps off the diving board, does a cannon ball and his splash is small. The larger kid does the same thing, but due to his superior weight, his splash is bigger. (Like Kweassa said, "Little effects, make big effects to the game")
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 09:20:55 AM »
Originally posted by stephen
hows about putting some graduations on the art horizon, so I can see my attitude and climbing degree, you know :like in real life:?

The type of artificial horizon that you describe did not come about until the late 50’s, move the the early aircraft didn’t have artificial horizons they had the needle ball set up. And use needle ball and airspeed to fly instruments.  The early model of artificial horizon that was used in army aircraft, was something that they called the floating T.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
In tanks, would be nice to have azimuth degrees market on the turret ring visible from the gun position. Many tanks had these markings so gunners could quickly see the turret position in relation to the hull.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 09:54:54 AM »
I like the idea of humans shown on the manable acks.  Be cool to see about 4 guys down there, then when you blast it, they go flying off or something...hehe, very morbid.

I'd like to see aircraft bombs showing more debris and stuff flying around when it hits...like large chuncks of earth flipping around, dirt spraying and smoke lingering, stuff like that.  I do like the compression wave they show from bombs now though.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 09:42:20 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
In tanks, would be nice to have azimuth degrees market on the turret ring visible from the gun position. Many tanks had these markings so gunners could quickly see the turret position in relation to the hull.

THis would be fantastic
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"