Author Topic: CO's of scenarios  (Read 1027 times)

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
CO's of scenarios
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:20 AM »
No disrespect intended as I know the amount of time involved. This is not aimed at BOB just a general comment on scenario's overall.

If you have a aspiration of being a scenario CO, then be willing to give up all your time or don't sign up. As I found out the hard way.

During downfall I found out I wasn't the first choice to CO, but was offered the position, against some opinions that I wasn't worthy or capable.

I flamed out because of my inexperience, and what I believed lack of info.
but I returned and did my best, (was availible on teamspeak every night(even during my vacation)

communication and info are vital to a CO.  I cannot stress the amount of responsibility a CO of a scenario has and the time needed to make the event a good one for all involved.

You need to keep you command staff involved and informed, weather it is a plannable frame or not. get input from all flight leads, again weather they want to give it or not.

And yes there are planable frames and there are not planable frames and all players on both sides need to realize this.  Attack sides can make plans in sceanrio, but defense side cannot always plan a direct involvement plan, as they need to respond to a fluid battle field and need to come up with a general defense plan that can be changed in a moments notice and still be effective.

Virgin Co's such as myself have no idea what your in for, but I do now and am ready for any and all upcoming events.

Even though I was cherry in downfall, I knew to go recruit the buff pilots and the FSO squads, was my key to any shot of winning.  with that said ya need to be somewhat well known to get the key components in place for any kind of advantage

A big to all that have volunteered there time to CO a scenario.

But heed my warning, the enjoyment/success of a 100+ pilots lay in you hands as a CO.

Some didn't believe in me before, but I hope they do now.

So if your an aspiring scenrio CO godbless and be prepared
it will defenitly be a new experience

Again this my observation from many scenario's not from this BoB
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:48:43 AM by doobs »
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
CO's of scenarios
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »
HERE HERE !

To all of those that step up to the plate and swing for the fences !

I look forward to a fun scenario.

Thanks to all who build, design and fly in AH Scenarios.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline eh

• Copper Member
CO's of scenarios
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 08:21:35 PM »
During downfall I found out I wasn't the first choice to CO, but was offered the position, against some opinions that I wasn't worthy or capable.

You sure showed them, didn't you? Never once did I suspect you were a rookie scenario CO, and I don't remember any flameout.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
CO's of scenarios
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
Most important thing to remember is that winning isn't everything.  In fact many do not care if they win or lose the senario.

Make sure that you can make it a fun event for as many people as possible.

Time's fun when you're having flies.