Author Topic: Engineering the Vulch  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
i think lynxs' point is----you get  guys posting a capture mission or organizing a base capture and having no intention of taking the base---just trying to get numbers to hide behind while they vulch and run home with their kills!!----kind of sneaky,cowardly thing to do----

LOL!  And the vulching itself....isn't?

- oldman

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Now some cleaver vulching skilless tards deside "hey,why take the base this is a great vulch".  They then engineer the disruption of the capture to prolong the vulch.  Ther by HIJACKING the capture.  A couple of ways is to infer troops are inbound when they are NOT.  Call town flat or Gv free when it is NOT. Allow troops, goons or m3's to be killed. Keep CV's outta spawn range.  Lots of things can be done to disrupt.  There by FOILING the capture.  
You can't be serious.  This is downright paranoia.  

While I don't doubt there are a select few that would attempt this (Pacerr and his ilk), I have never seen someone intentionally claim a goon is inbound when it is not, or just let an m3 or goon die, other than out of sheer ineptitude.

These people aren't that clever, Lynx.  My guess is you've been hanging around too many of those 500mph skilless runway divers that would go for the vulch even with all ack up, 500 flaks on the ground yet 20 other planes in the air they could shoot at instead.  

You get too many of these types in one area, nothing is possible, except mass death lol.  

However, I'd say almost any vet, besides the ilk mentioned above, would be willing to help out the capture some way, even if the are those evil "furballing" types.  

Hell, I flew a goon once last night.   :p   Even better, hub, jaxxo and I did a Stooooka run to help get a v-base.  

I understand it can be very frustrating when base captures go awry.  That's half the reason hordes decide to attack the undefended field, it's much easier and the chance of success (for the way they play) is almost guaranteed, making their gaming experience a fun one.

But come on man, don't come posting in here when you're still venting.  Don't let paranoia get the best of you.

:aok

Offline shiningpathb4me

• Copper Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
If im intent of a vulch run, I bring ord for the VH. Then I vulch till the cows come home. If I plan on a base capture, I leave the VH for the fighters. If they came to vulch they should have come heavy. Depends what mood Im in. Sometimes I wanna just kill stuff, other times I wanna bomb and grab stuff.

I have no problems with vultures. Except for if I dont bother to kill the VH because they didnt want to, and they are screaming at me to do so. Times like that I just level the FHs and end the problem right there.

heheheheh :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 02:55:47 PM »

Now some cleaver vulching skilless tards deside "hey,why take the base this is a great vulch".  They then engineer the disruption of the capture to prolong the vulch.  Ther by HIJACKING the capture.  A couple of ways is to infer troops are inbound when they are NOT.  Call town flat or Gv free when it is NOT. Allow troops, goons or m3's to be killed. Keep CV's outta spawn range.  Lots of things can be done to disrupt.  There by FOILING the capture.  

For the fashion conscious paranoid.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
You can't be serious.  This is downright paranoia.  

While I don't doubt there are a select few that would attempt this (Pacerr and his ilk), I have never seen someone intentionally claim a goon is inbound when it is not, or just let an m3 or goon die, other than out of sheer ineptitude.

Believe it.  Several times I have been desperately hanging over the town in my P-38, trying to keep all of the buildings down, while being repeatedly assured for half an hour or more that troops are on the way.  Finally I end up bringing troops myself, only to be shot down.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
LOL!  And the vulching itself....isn't?                                 LOL ---no --vulching has always been a part of air wars-----
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:19 PM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
Believe it.  Several times I have been desperately hanging over the town in my P-38, trying to keep all of the buildings down, while being repeatedly assured for half an hour or more that troops are on the way.  Finally I end up bringing troops myself, only to be shot down.
Want me to hold your hand while you cry?

I think you should look to Ack-Ack's post above for your own tin foil hat.  

If they said a goon was coming, they probably thought it was... whether one truly was or not.  Communication in the MA is terrible, I usually have to type in caps 2 or 3 times before I get an answer about anything.

But hey, they're all out to just make your life miserable, no one elses...

:noid

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »
I do hope this has added clarity

Yes it does ... thanks.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 03:15:57 PM »
Actually..just this morning I was at A6 with a few others. We had a good fight going but once we reached the base they fishin hole went dry.

So I typed on 200..Hey kill a couple more bldgs at the town at A6, Im parked here with a goon.  You'd be surprised how often people start upping. I dont do it to my own guys though.

~AoM~

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »
L0L @ the "win the war types"

:rofl
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline TMAW

• Zinc Member
It seems like forever
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »
If you see my goon, please let me know the ETA!:rofl

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »
LOL @ the air to air guys----they forgot where the dueling arena is!!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
For the fashion conscious paranoid.

ack-ack

Such wit.  Maybe you would like to fit the following quotes to the appropriate hat.

When a "ON GOING" capture is Hijacked with underhand tactics

infer troops are inbound when they are NOT

However, if you told me and others that squadie so-n-so was inbound with troops and I did the DOT wingman so-N-so and find him over 100 miles away bombing a factory I will not be best pleased. If that capture then turned into a vulch fest for 2 hours because squadie so-N-so was NOT inb with troops as promised you can be assured I will let everyone know.

Allow me to be even more criptic   ^ ^ ^  ^ ^ ^  A woman once thrust  three fingers in my face and said  "Read between the lines".   :rolleyes:

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »
However, if you told me and others that squadie so-n-so was inbound with troops and I did the DOT wingman so-N-so and find him over 100 miles away bombing a factory I will not be best pleased.  
Wait... ahahah... 100 miles away bombing a factory?  Would a furballing type who supposedly just wants to vulch EVER be caught doing something like that?

Allow me to sit back, grab a beer and popcorn and laugh my bellybutton off at you.

I think the 2nd hat fits you the best.

:rofl

storch

Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 07:21:30 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
from my very own closet

the one I'm considering debuting from soon

ack-ack