Author Topic: Once again  (Read 941 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Once again
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
OK say in EW I get a perked 38 and it's 16 perks.... when I take off.... Now bear with me on this as "me" landing kills is a rarity and also frowned upon by our C.O. Anyway I go out and shoot down 3 spits, 2 109s and 1 190... I know I know but just pretend I did.... ok on the way back I'm still in shock from scoring actual kills and I am under stress because it looks like I may land some and get called out on the carpet by our C.O. as I touch down on the runway I panick and wreck my 38... if my 38 is in 4 pieces as I stop and also on the runway.... would I get my 16 perks plus 3 x 16 perks counting each piece of my 38 and then get the perks for the kills I had.....

WOW yall read all that :rofl

You'd  be fined for wrecking the blender installed in your 38 and lose all margarita privilages for a month! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Once again
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:59:17 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
p38 ENY 5 shooting down a ju88 ENY 20

Would only earn 0.25 perk points.
Perk points awarded are calced by "shooter plane" / "plane killed" i.e 5 / 20

Also the cost of the plane is caclulated by the host, right at fly time.

What is displayed can be slight behind in time with the real host value.I.E real cost could have been 10 or more

HiTech

Then please tell me how I can lose MORE perks than what I paid for at "fly time" ... this is the part that I don't get.

If I pay 10 and get no kills and crash ... then I should see -10 perks.

If I pay 10 and earn 2 and crash ... then I should see -8 perks ... but that is not the case ... I see -12 perks.

Your own example does not show losing MORE perks than the original cost.

Look at Zuum's screenshot.

The clipboard shows that he paid 9 perks for the P-38 ... he got some kills ... ditched ... yet he lost MORE perks (-9.71) than the original cost of the P-38 ... something is wrong here ... or I am a ... ummm ... aging dolt.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Once again
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Then please tell me how I can lose MORE perks than what I paid for at "fly time" ... this is the part that I don't get.

If I pay 10 and get no kills and crash ... then I should see -10 perks.

If I pay 10 and earn 2 and crash ... then I should see -8 perks ... but that is not the case ... I see -12 perks.

Your own example does not show losing MORE perks than the original cost.

Look at Zuum's screenshot.

The clipboard shows that he paid 9 perks for the P-38 ... he got some kills ... ditched ... yet he lost MORE perks (-9.71) than the original cost of the P-38 ... something is wrong here ... or I am a ... ummm ... aging dolt.

The screenshot shows the perk cost for the p38 after he was done & dead, not what he paid at the beginning of the sortie. My guess is the cost was probably about 10.5 or so at the beginning.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Once again
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »
If you are flying a perk plane and earn ANY POINTS AT ALL, and you lose that perk plane, those perks are SUBTRACTED from your tally. They hurt you, not help you. It has been this way forever.

I have done this as well. I would take a chog (and I would click "fly" from the hangar, so I'd know exactly what the cost was), and I'd get a kill or two, and die, and back in the hangar it says I lost more than I paid for it.

Folks have also mentioned the same bug in the Tiger tanks. If you get any kills and you die, you lost that many perks that you should have just earned. They are added to the negative tally.

It's been that way a long long long time. I noticed this over a year ago, but then so did a lot of other folks, so I never mentioned it.

EDIT: Unless the perk multiplier doesn't update in real-time when looking at it in the hangar. That might explain things a bit better. Otherwise I'm inclined to think there's a math bug at fault somewhere.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Once again
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 03:42:13 PM »
I wish HT would take one last look at this thread and respond to my questions.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Once again
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 03:46:23 PM »
What are perk points? :)

P38G flyer who doesn't believe in em:aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Once again
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
What are perk points? :)

P38G flyer who doesn't believe in em:aok

I like to up a Tiger once in awhile and when I lose it ... I always lose more perks than what I paid for.

Fighter perks .. got over 25,000 perkies ... so losing or gaining them in this category means doodily-sqaut.

Isn't the P-38-G a perk plane in MW ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

storch

Once again
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
I have a lot of perk points, I'll never use them can I buy something with them?  I'd like a nice Tee-shirt with the HTC logo or something.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Once again
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 05:29:17 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
How does that work ...

If he bought the plane for 9 perks and say each JU88 was +1 perk and he crashed the plane I would think that it would go like this ...

+9 - Original cost    *
-9  - Lost due to crash
+1 - Killed a JU88
+1 - Killed a JU88
-----
+2

How would one come to a negative number ? ... remember HT said that perk cost of the plane is what you started the sortie with ... so if the perk cost did increase during the sortie, it would not impact what you paid for the plane.

I had the same thing happen to me in a Tiger last night ... bought it for 60 perks ... killed multiple panzers ... died .... -67.82 perks ... go figure.

Heres the mistake in your calculation... at which point do you GET 9 perkies for upping a PG?

You "pay" the price at the moment you take off. If you launch with 150 perks, you have 141 left. Then you recieve the +1 (or + 0.25) you get for the two Ju88. Now you have 143 perks.

Now if you land sucessfully, you get the 9 perks you originally paid back, you recieved +2 perkies total.

In case of a ditch, you lost the plane and you get nothing, leaving you with the total loss of -7 perks.

Or looked at another way (with same result). Perk cost is calculated on takeoff (and set to 9 in memory). Now you go and kill two planes that give you +2 perks for the sortie (just as if it was a non-perk plane!!). You now crash the perk plane (ditch) - this COSTS you the 9 perks.... leaves you with -7.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:35:57 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Once again
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 10:27:09 AM »
Heres the mistake in your calculation... at which point do you GET 9 perkies for upping a PG?

Your right ... my original calc was flawed ... but I couldn't go back and change it when I realized that (120 minutes elapsed).

My other posts after HT show better examples of what I am talking about.

Again last night I upper a Tiger ... killed some ... lost the Tiger ... lost more perks that what I originally payed for it. I believe that should not be the case.
SlapShot - Blue Knights