Author Topic: "Think Adz" trojan popup  (Read 264 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
"Think Adz" trojan popup
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:07:24 PM »
You definately need patience if infected.

Currently on "My Space". If you have family members there instruct them not to click on any non My Space links on a members page.

Adware (I have three different programs) does not see it. Viral scans do not see it. It has to be removed manually and it's all over the Windows folder.

If I didn't have regedit I wouldn't have been able to find it. It drops in seven different folders into Windows and Windows 32. It activates on startup as it has two files in your start up list. Deleting those two files does no good. They're put back in on your next startup.

All files need to be removed in "safe" mode or you are denied access to some of them. If you don't get them all...they'll be back on your next start.

The Mirar browser was the other wonderful program that arrived with that fateful click. That one is a mother to delete but I've been down that road before.

Here's the result of probably 5 hours of work. If you get any Think Adz popups, go into Windows and Windows 32 in safe mode and find all these and delete them.

..then send me a cheeep beer

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
"Think Adz" trojan popup
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:46:27 AM »
Download MS "Windows Defender". It will clean it up.