Author Topic: Newbie, should i or not  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Newbie, should i or not
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Its a big job learning to fly online flight sims. I've been doing it for 10 years & I still suck.

Key is to pace yourself, there is a lot to learn. And a lot of it won't make sense till you've been around a while. Lots of reading, followed by a offline or TA practise session. Repeat daily

Patience! No one masters this in 3 days, or 3 weeks.
Leave your ego at the door, you will die a thousand times.
The idea is to learn something from each.

A good attitude, respect for your fellow pilots, and a cool head will take you far.
But you look like you have that part nailed already.

When you get stuck, screwed up, and can't figure out how to fix it. Email the trainers, thats why they are there. AH has some real gems, so treat them kindly please.  :)

Sometime in your first year your going to want to try a big scenario, just for the sheer glory of it. 100s of planes, working together, flying formation, meeting 100's of enemys, man it can get your blood boiling.

This is all great advice.

- oldman

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Newbie, should i or not
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 09:46:08 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Come on in, the water is fine.

HiTech

Carefull, he is selling :D

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Newbie, should i or not
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 09:50:52 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Patience! No one masters this in 3 days, or 3 weeks.
Leave your ego at the door, you will die a thousand times.
The idea is to learn something from each.

Actually 3 or 4 weeks with the right people, maybe an hour a day, is all you need.  I've seen people hand my arse to me after 3 weeks from signing up.  It is also just like any other game.  It is easy to some and harder for others, but it can be learned.  The key is to find the right people to fight against.  They are not where you'd think you'd find them so you have to ask.