Author Topic: ok,lets try this--Fighter arena??  (Read 2869 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
ok,lets try this--Fighter arena??
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I believe that the furballers are much happier with the current arena setups than the strat girls are.

The fact is that there will be a CT sooo....  the subject is moot.   it is going the way I said.

The furballers are having better fights in the current arenas than the old FT so..... why change?   the strat girls will get the CT to go to sooo... why change?

Heck.... maybe the CT will offer something for everyone and the whole conversation will be moot.

We won't know till it happens.  Certainly tho... those who feel that fighting buildings and flying "realisticaly" will find more in the CT than the current arenas.

A fighter town would have to be 3 arenas to have as much variety as we have now with ealy, mid and late war arenas.

In the meantime...  the settings offline could be adjusted  to the same as the arenas with 3 offline arenas with only real people for one side in each arena... the squads could go to the arena that matched their chess piece and bomb and capture fields with no resistence... maybe some Ai that pretended to take off to add excietement.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

i thought that one arena with a rotating--ew then mw then lw plane set would solve the problem of mismatched planes. change plane sets every 24 hours .  have an aprox cap (if any at all) of 150.
have 3 sets of 2 bases fairly close to each other but at a variety of alts.  no base alt over say 6k.  
this was just a thought to appease the guys who really don,t want the distractions of the base taking style of play, which seems to be prevelent in the mw and especially the 2 lw arenas.
it wasn,t to start arguments or disrepect anyone.
and i thank all who participated and gave their opinions.

as far as this post is concerned, i think-----------------------------------------------

ladies and germs-----Boner has left the building!!

thanks guys!!
                                                          your pal,
                                                                         Boner

public relations officer for Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »
so boner... you would make it a rotating plane set so that those who wanted to fly a certain type of plane could only do it a third of the time in the fighter arena?

Do you think that would go over with the gerneral building battler or squad type in the regular arenas?  say... I large arena that changed every 24 hours to different one of the three eras?

If you think the dorks that won't switch sides are stubborn...  wait till you see the guys who have "allways admired the lala7 since they were 4 years old and couldn't possibly switch to another type of plane."

Those who won't switch planes are kissing cousins to those who won't switch to even numbers... they have the same basic motives as a rule.

lazs

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006, 08:36:40 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
In my opinion, the catalyst for all the problems that developed in the MA of the past was due to the large maps being introduced.  When the large maps were introduced, it seems to me that many of the old school vets, the guys that would do both furball and landgrab at the same time, left as the arena became diluted and the fights few and far between.  I understand how the smaller maps got too congested, but the bigger maps were way too spread out.  

I quit playing as much as I used once I saw the maps getting bigger and fights becoming rarer.  Many of the people I enjoyed playing with were gone too.  There were far fewer fights for bases and the base grabbing became the norm.

I think the biggest benefit to the new arenas is the smaller maps.  Once the numbers issues get worked out, I believe the arenas will get closer to what they were in the past: fun fights for bases where furballers and strat guys are working together, either directly or indirectly.

Possibly the best post arena change response I've read to date.
Well said, Mathman.

Offline mQuinn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »
Strat player will love CT, just as many of them love special events and are active there.  Its the furballers that will whine up a storm about how they don't like it, guaranteed.  CT will be way more like strat style play than furballing.

No matter how many names, slurs and mis-characterizations the furballers use against strat players, it will not matter.  The strat players are still fine with the way it is and the furballers are doing the whining.  :lol

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »
yep but it was the building battlers that wanted the big maps.

Small maps are better but I think there needs to be more fields at the 3/4 sector distance apart and some way to make it harder to runway dive and de-radar or de-ack a field with one or two late war planes.... maybe ack that tracked faster planes better?  

maybe we even need different maps for different eras... fileds farther apart in the LW say because of their speed.

lazs

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2006, 02:08:49 AM »
Originally posted by indy007

there is no MA anymore...

Really?  Well Indy, you must be playing a different version of AHII than I am playing.  Let me see...  We have Early War Main Green Arena, we have Mid War Main Purple Arena, we have Late War Main Orange Arena and we have Late War Blue Arena.  You are right... ding ding ding... We have 4 Main Arenas.  MA = Main Arena for the impaired.  Sorry to take soo long for the reply but I had real life stuff to attend to and didn't feel like responding until you had time to edit your "there is no MA anymore" response.  But technically you are correct in that we have no MA anymore, we have multiple MA's now.  So what is your point other than to just be a smart buttocks trying to fuel the fire?

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1:D

ps.. In case you don't believe me on the multiple "MA or Main Arenas", try looking at your clipboard when you choose an arena and it's clearly there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:11:54 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2006, 08:02:21 AM »

hmm bigger maps added diversity.

smaller maps  makes it easier to knock out ALL there strat in just one evening.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
Really?  Well Indy, you must be playing a different version of AHII than I am playing.  Let me see...  We have Early War Main Green Arena, we have Mid War Main Purple Arena, we have Late War Main Orange Arena and we have Late War Blue Arena.  You are right... ding ding ding... We have 4 Main Arenas.  MA = Main Arena for the impaired.  Sorry to take soo long for the reply but I had real life stuff to attend to and didn't feel like responding until you had time to edit your "there is no MA anymore" response.  But technically you are correct in that we have no MA anymore, we have multiple MA's now.  So what is your point other than to just be a smart buttocks trying to fuel the fire?

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1:D

ps.. In case you don't believe me on the multiple "MA or Main Arenas", try looking at your clipboard when you choose an arena and it's clearly there.

Hmm... I'm still waiting for your response on this Indy, you did say that there is no MA anymore.
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
Hmm... I'm still waiting for your response on this Indy, you did say that there is no MA anymore.

750+ guys, mass gangs of la7s & ponies, strats porked 3 rows deep on all fronts, endless streams of runway bashers...

that's the "MA" in my mind.

alot of that is gone, or at least somewhat neutered. even in the late war, the interval between runway bashers has increased quite a bit, theres less people available for such thorough porking (even with the smaller maps), and there's 2 arenas I can head to if I don't want to play dodge the lala's.

So, I'd say the old MA is pretty dead. The name can stay the same, but the feel is different. The only glaring problem I see now is unbalanced sides.. but that's a lot bigger of a problem to people who don't play like I do. I just change sides and go where the fight is for an hour or so, and then return to real life.

plus... how can something be the main arena if there's 4 of them? Shouldn't it be "The Arenas" as opposed to "The Main Arenas"? Sounds redundant.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2006, 12:52:47 PM »

Small maps are better but I think there needs to be more fields at the 3/4 sector distance apart and some way to make it harder to runway dive and de-radar or de-ack a field with one or two late war planes.... maybe ack that tracked faster planes better?  

maybe we even need different maps for different eras... fileds farther apart in the LW say because of their speed.

lazs

Wrong -

Bigger maps were needed because of the increased player base.
Small maps just got way too over crowded.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Wrong -

Bigger maps were needed because of the increased player base.
Small maps just got way too over crowded.

and still do during peak times.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37