Author Topic: Right hat not working on CH F16CS (non-usb)  (Read 591 times)

Offline Goob

• Zinc Member
Right hat not working on CH F16CS (non-usb)
« on: February 11, 2000, 07:14:00 PM »
<S> All-

Ever since the last upgrade to ver 1003 my CHF16 combatstick right hat is not recognized by the game. Until this version I was having no problems with my stick/views, but now the right hat just won't do anything (in AH stick config or otherwise in the game). It works fine in the Windows stick config utility and in other games, but AH just isn't recognizing it this version. Has anyone encounterd a similar problem? Kinda sucks only having 4 views as opposed to eight!

btw/ my machine is a PII233/128MB/Voodoo2/M80 soundcard/CHgameport and win95osr2 and I have NEVER had a problem in the entire beta of AH.  Somebody please help me get my views back so I can kill you!!  

PS Despite the fact that upgrade patches were working perfectly until the last upgrade I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the entire AH, to no avail... right hat still dead.  

Night

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2000, 08:13:00 AM »
Same problem goob. Brand new CH combatstick with rudders(essential)and Pro throttle. I disabled the top right hat(too hard to reach)and made a different hat HAT 1. Pro throttle comes with configure program called speed keys with which you can set up your joystick also but no matter where I put HAT 2 it still registers as 7,8,9,10 buttons. The SELECT JOYSTICK button in calibration screen showed the proper joystick but I messed with it for hours unable to figure out what to do with it.
In the end I just set up 7,8,9,10 as the view I wanted and used the hat as is. I also made button 3 switch between stick 1 and stick 2 and changed my hat views in stick 2 so I have 8 defensive views and 8 offensive views. Still would have been nice to figure out what they intended in Select Joystick screen.
Hope this helps!

Night

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2000, 01:38:00 PM »
The best start would be to remove JSMAP.CFG from your settings directory.  This will put you back to default settings.  It should then autorecognize and work fine.  If you don't want to do that to start, make sure that hat input is configured in your joystick setup.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2000, 01:53:00 PM »
  I haven't had any problems yet with my F16 CS hats.  Of course this one is only 4 months old, since the old one died on me.  

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"