Author Topic: Detention centers  (Read 1965 times)

storch

Detention centers
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 02:12:25 PM »
suppose this is true.  how are we ever to control our borders if we don't have an appropriate place in which to detain people whose true identity or intentions come into question?

here in south florida we used to have the krome detention center into which illegal immigrants from the caribbean basin were transported until they could be processed properly or deported.

I see nothing wrong with having proper facilities for processing immigrants, after all what was ellis island all about?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Detention centers
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Actually posts like this make it easy to sort folks.

Not at all because I am a registered Republican, have been since 1988.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

storch

Detention centers
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 02:16:06 PM »
are you a log cabin republican?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Detention centers
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »
I know you'll be crushed to learn that I am not Storchita.  Looks like you'll need to find a ride to their meetings from someone else.

ack-ack

Offline Meander

• Zinc Member
365 million
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
what would that build 1 or2,,,,,maybe 3 or 4 small facilities?

sounds /looks like a payoff for something to me

Meander

storch

Detention centers
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »
why would I need a ride to their meetings?  I didn't know they met.  however it seems that you do know. you have a lot of insider information on this group. I think your denial concerning your membership in this organization is disingenuous at best.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Detention centers
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 04:05:50 PM »
Oh if it's for illegal migrants I think $365 million will buy a whole lot of chain link fence, concertinia wire, and surplus Army tents don't you? Lot's of unused space out in New Mexico, and Arizona to build a tent city on.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Detention centers
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »
I really have no knowledge of this group Storchita, I just figured by your question that you were an active member and were looking for a ride to one of their meetings.  I am sorry if I accidentally outed you with my answer.  

ack-ack

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Detention centers
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Not at all because I am a registered Republican, have been since 1988.

ack-ack

A sheep in wolf's clothing? :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Detention centers
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Is anyone on this board actually liberal?  I thought Nash was the last holdout.

Raises hand and waves it so hard that im afraid it may come off at any minute... the left arm of course. :D

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Detention centers
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 05:03:13 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I respect your right to disagree with me, and perhaps the idea that I'm paranoid is understandable considering that I'm more likely to post when I see something I'm concerned about than when I see something that's A-OK.  There's an old saying in tech support, "the customer never calls to tell you the product is working fine".

I don't cower under my afghan hiding from robots that I think are cominig to steal my medicine (which they use for fuel), it just _looks_ that way.  :D

I do, however, think it's my job as an involved citizen to apply scrutiny.  Not everything is an emergency, but to assume that nothing bad ever happens is a path equally fraught with danger.  Please don't mistake "Hey, I'd like some eyeballs on this' for "ZOMG PANIC!!!!111!!2!!".  In turn, I'll be extra careful to clearly label my level of concern about stuff so my posts don't seem like the ravings of a lunatic.

Regards,

CB

I'm nervous too, man.  :(.  Because they could be used as concentration camps.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Detention centers
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
I'm nervous too, man.  :(.  Because they could be used as concentration camps.

Sure they could. At that price, they're bound to build hundreds of them that can hold thousands of dissidents in each. :noid :noid :noid
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Detention centers
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »
These are the "smoke" that goes witht he 700 mile border fence "mirror" where both the Dem-o-craps and Repugnants pretend to actually want to do something about illegal immigration to placate the sheep (us).

As with the fence, a nice additional slice of pork for our favorite, no bid (which might be OK if there was any oversight), $20 hamburger provider, Haliburton.

Charon
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:29:22 PM by Charon »

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Detention centers
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
Berkely California is not the place to get your honest news from.

No.... but it would be a great place to make a detention center.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

storch

Detention centers
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 06:52:30 PM »
some of you guys post as if the federal government building stuff is a bad thing.  I provide service for the port authority here in dade and broward counties.  I greatly appreciate the money the federal government puts back into the local economy.

the border fence project is a good idea.  being in the fence (access control) business myself I assure you that federal money spent on fences annually is a great booster to local economies all over the country.

fences do help to keep people contained or channelled to control points.  if they combine the fence project with photo sensors that trigger an alarm monitored by a computer their servicability is further enhanced. this type of combined system provides a good indication to where the hot spots are, allowing for further refinement of where they will need boots on the ground security and how that changes seasonally.  there are going to be lots of people employed in the erection and maintenance of that fence, it is a good thing.

what would you have the government do, collect all the trillions it does in the form of taxes and use the money to simply grow bigger?  let them build build build it's better for us when they do.  keep in mind that securing our border is one of the few legitimate responsibilities that are clearly a federal obligation.  one that are currently woefully failing in.  I believe the detention centers and the wall project to be steps in the right direction.  I hope they erect a few detention centers here in my work areas, I need the money.