Author Topic: 332nd Flying Mongrels: 9 years old this month  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
332nd Flying Mongrels: 9 years old this month
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »
happy bday :)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »
Thank you all. :)

LOL good question storch? What is it now? 1 human year is 5 dog years? Or is it 7?

see my first C.O. GA in there...
GA was a great guy. We really enjoyed his short stint with our squad. He told ghosth and I from the get go he wanted to cut his teeth with us and then start his own squad. He did just that and built a fine squad of his own. :) My best to both GA and Nicet. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Badair

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.rowdyg.com/332nd
332nd of Warbirds
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »
mate,

The Name's Badair.  I'm the C.O. of the 332nd in warbirds now.    Have noticed recently there've been plenty of folks leaving Wb for AH and figured I'd check it out.  What would you say are the differences positive and negative?  Figured I'd get the straightest answer from a fellow Redtail ;)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:59:40 PM »
Hello Badair!

My best to you and your squad. I hope they have found years of enjoyment in Warbirds and will continue with that in what ever flight sim they settle on.

I have not flown in Warbirds for many years so I can’t really give you a through compare and contrast. I can say that I have attended several Aces High Conventions and have had the pleasure of meeting the small but dedicated staff at Hitech Creations. Their customer service is second to none. I don’t know of any other online community that can call the head office and speak to management and or design staff should they desire.  You don’t get a hold queue, but a person will answer the phone. IMHO that is their greatest asset to the community. From the outside view the development cycle can seem stagnant at times, but that is because players are not always privy to what goes on behind the scenes. I have learned over the years here that they are always working to improve Aces High despite the long waits for something new. There is a great variety of aircraft to choose from and excellent graphics IMHO. Several arenas and during common U.S. time zones usually 400 to 700 players on line at once. Aces High also offers special events that can satisfy just about any events oriented player. If you would like to give it a try you can sign up for the free two week trial. During that time you are more than welcome to fly with my squad to get a taste of the sim and the community. Feel free to e-mail me or private message me and I can share further details if you like.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 03:21:15 PM »
!!!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Badair

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.rowdyg.com/332nd
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 08:51:02 PM »
TY Daddog, love the avatar btw ;)  Perhaps I might give it a shot if only to see for myself the differences.  I can't see switching over to AH unless most of my squad would come with me but it can't hurt to have a look see

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
Originally posted by ROC

That thing is FAR to cutesy to be a mongrel.....but we appreciate the thought anyway!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad