Author Topic: OJ to make money of his murders.  (Read 267 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
OJ to make money of his murders.
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:27:19 PM »
How? By publishing a book on how he did it, if he had done it...

Sadly I am not joking.

What a dirt bag,  maybe he will get sued in civil court again and lose the money?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »
I don't think they can sue him again. The difference in the "threshold of proof" between the civil case and criminal case is really wrong, anyway.

Further, no matter how much anyone may believe he is guilty, myself included, he was found not guilty in a court of law. There's no doubt the state screwed the pooch on the case in so many ways it cannot be counted, and they lost. The jurors admitted their bias as well, another failure of the state. But still, he was found not guilty.

They should not have been able to bring a wrongful death suit against him.
All that was was an attempt, albeit successful, at circumventing the jury verdict in the criminal case. Whether anyone believes he was guilty or not, that was wrong. All it means is that being found not guilty doesn't mean a person can't be punished anyway and with less proof than was used in the attempt to convict them.

I think he most likely did it. It probably should have been an airtight open and shut case. But it wasn't. That means there was not overwhelming proof. Or at the very least it was very poorly presented. But if they can't get a conviction, they shouldn't punish the person they couldn't convict.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »
according to a detailed report in the new National Enquirer.

Mmmmm yeah....

Anyway, if there's any truth to this story it just reinforces my already solid base of disdain and disgust at the US legal system.

On second thought, he really IS innocent because Mark Fuhrman is teh racest!! (And those two probably needed killin' anyway.)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »
how about an interview/marketing move first
myway
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »
If it had been my daughter, or son, I would have been very tempted to drop him on the perp walk or the courthouse steps.

After reading "if I had done it" it would be a done deal.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 05:11:46 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't beleive either way. But,...

Who ever knows for 100% fact that he did it, or witnessed him do it, please stand up and raise your hand. :)

That's what I thought.

:)

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:21:43 AM »
With the face slapping smirks  on his face, Im sure he feels he his way above everyone else. Ultimately in the end, he still has to pass  judgement. To bad the familys cant decide where he should go. Hopefully, the choice has already been made.
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996