Author Topic: Wishlist - Votekick for spies  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Ghoule

• Zinc Member
Wishlist - Votekick for spies
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
I think you underestimate the little generals out there.

Say you have a guy that jumps sides to even numbers.
He just get done ripping up one of these little general missions.
He then check roster to see the side he just got done slapping around is low on numbers.
He jumps to that side to help out .

Soon as the little general sees this he screams spy .
You guess what the little general will try to do.

Nope would still be better if HT made some way no control of cv for 1 hour after jumping sides.

Bronk

I don't get the reasoning behind such a player's actions... is he playing chess with himself, or trying to keep the game going forever?  What point is there to "evening the sides" when the player himself was the crux opposition?  

-Ghoule

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 12:13:27 PM »
Originally posted by Ghoule
I don't get the reasoning behind such a player's actions... is he playing chess with himself, or trying to keep the game going forever?  What point is there to "evening the sides" when the player himself was the crux opposition?  

-Ghoule
Ah originally was designed around creating an enviroment for AIR COMBAT to happen, not about the war game itself.  Even sides promotes AIR COMBAT.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »
Yea, its great if your on the horde team then you get listen to everyone piss and moan about eny and have to fight your own guys to find a kill,  then if you switch sides in search of a challenge and to help out those being gangbanged you are called a spy, etc...

I say yes to votekick off cv's, but to kick from country is rediculous.

Offline Ghoule

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 06:56:11 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Ah originally was designed around creating an enviroment for AIR COMBAT to happen, not about the war game itself.  Even sides promotes AIR COMBAT.

Ah well, for us n00bs that get shot out of the sky every single time, air combat is the last thing and/or resort.  No fun spending gobs of time just to get nailed over and over again, so, for people like us, not much else but the war game itself, i.e. taking bases.  The incident in question was exactly for the purpose of taking bases as well, as described above.  Also, there were only 3 of us bishop on, and the spy was a knight who's team had about 6 others. Of the 2 other bishop, one wasn't sure how to use the radio,... get the picture?  The spy was *not* there to be helping anyone or to be evening the sides. He first logged in under a "second account", even said it was his second account.  When he couldn't wrestle the CV away since his second account hadn't much rank, he came back on with his primary username.

-Ghoule

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:44 PM »
Ah well, for us n00bs that get shot out of the sky every single time, air combat is the last thing and/or resort.  No fun spending gobs of time just to get nailed over and over again, so, for people like us, not much else but the war game itself, i.e. taking bases.  The incident in question was exactly for the purpose of taking bases as well, as described above.  Also, there were only 3 of us bishop on, and the spy was a knight who's team had about 6 others. Of the 2 other bishop, one wasn't sure how to use the radio,... get the picture?  The spy was *not* there to be helping anyone or to be evening the sides. He first logged in under a "second account", even said it was his second account.  When he couldn't wrestle the CV away since his second account hadn't much rank, he came back on with his primary username.

-Ghoule

I suggest you learn how to play the game, and have fun. If you shun learning the ropes of cartoon airplane combat, you'll wind up just like that dork with 2 accounts, or like Goldelks, having to vulch your little brother. The learning curve is a long one, but at least people won't make fun of you for trying.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 08:36:39 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I suggest you learn how to play the game, and have fun. If you shun learning the ropes of cartoon airplane combat, you'll wind up just like that dork with 2 accounts, or like Goldelks, having to vulch your little brother. The learning curve is a long one, but at least people won't make fun of you for trying.

;)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 09:06:23 PM »
lol
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 03:36:04 AM »
Ghoule,

Getting killed over and over is part of the process of learning and you do have to learn how to not get killed over and over...

As far as the "kicking the spy out" thing bad idea...

The idea of not letting someone who has changed countries from taking control of CV for period of time:aok

Offline Ghoule

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 11:57:24 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Well, sure,... and in the interim, like i said, taking bases is the fun/challenge.  It doesn't make much sense to those who are just starting out that ppl would spend time contrary to effort they just put out.

-Ghoule

Offline robjw1977

• Zinc Member
Well...
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 04:04:52 AM »
not bailing from your plane as soon as opposition shows up might help in your learning process.  Just a thought.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 06:16:09 AM »
LoL rob, its funny because its true, just happened to me about 15 minutes ago.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »
Well, sure,... and in the interim, like i said, taking bases is the fun/challenge.  It doesn't make much sense to those who are just starting out that ppl would spend time contrary to effort they just put out.

-Ghoule

Well Ghoule, like most things in this game, it's the way it is. Best to learn to deal with it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:52:36 PM »
The kicking vote would lead to abuse.  However, with the change from 24 hours to 1 hour wait.  Spying has been on the increase and it is very unsportsmen like when one steals control of a CV, short of kicking, perhaps the thing to do is track rank with country.  If you are a knight you have a certain rank that may be very different when you change countries to become a  Rook/Bish .  Your rank would be what ever it is in that country.

Rank would not transfer to your knew chosen country.  If one is using a shadow account to bulid rank in one country that rank would only be good in that country and as one rank went up the other would go down.

offten wondered why one person would double their cost to play this game online.  They need to turn the computer off for a while and deal with the real world.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:56:06 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline CAF51

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 08:03:24 PM »
mabe not a votekick, but a Relinquishment of Power for the CV's for 1 hr. or so by like 20-25 votes
harder to abuse

Offline mrshiver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »
Ghoule:

If you'd like to, the next time I'm on, we'll go to the TA and work on some AtoA manuvers to help you out. I'm in no way the greatest stick out there, not even close, but I can teach you a couple of things if you're willing to learn.
Flying as shiverx