Author Topic: Iraq War: Go Big, Go Long, or Go Home?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Iraq War: Go Big, Go Long, or Go Home?
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 01:30:33 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Good heavens...

"Good heavens"?
do u wear a monocle?
Higgins, is that you?

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
For those of you that say go home....

What if the same scenario held true in Japan, insurgency and uprisings when our troops were rebuilding the place...

In Germany, same....

Would going home been the answer there as well?

Back then we could fire bomb the population into submission without world wide whining, why isn't that option available today?.. because we have become spineless & nutless more willing to let troops get maimed / killed in the name of "moral high ground" than get necessary mid evil. Dead is dead.

See how fast the BS stops after a few Iraqi cities get burnt to a crisp, with the clear message; "Your Iraqi town is next on the BBQ menu unless you step up and take care of business"

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 02:25:41 AM »
Go Big

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 03:56:47 AM »
Originally posted by Debonair
"Good heavens"?
do u wear a monocle?
Higgins, is that you?

Oh, deary me, now I see where this conversation is headed...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 07:20:25 AM »
Im saying you go big. Start with pulling all the troops out of bagdad and level it with a combination of artillery and B52 bombers... that should teach those terrorists not to mess with anyone again. :aok

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 08:15:56 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Yes indeed. Those countries started the war. If they didnt want the allied troops to stay and rebuild then they should have been granted that wish.

It seems you are implying that Iraq didn't start the war. If so, why do you ignore Saddams invasion of Kuwait, forced unconditional surrender, and continually violation of the terms of his surrender? Saddam simply had to go.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
Originally posted by lukster
It seems you are implying that Iraq didn't start the war. If so, why do you ignore Saddams invasion of Kuwait, forced unconditional surrender, and continually violation of the terms of his surrender? Saddam simply had to go.

Iraq started the war against Kuwait. They were rightfully evicted and a big WTG on that.

Many people viloate the rules around the world without the US military trying to set _them_ straight.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Many people viloate the rules around the world without the US military trying to set _them_ straight.

your so impatient, with half of the USA wanting no war at all,one dictator at a time is the best we can do.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 08:28:41 AM »
Ok.. we didn't catch him with nukes or biologicals...  The whole world thought he had em...

He threw the inspectors out of his country so...  what were we to assume?   Why would he not let the inspectors go where they wanted?  He was after all.. the guy who lost.   Part of losing was being inspected.  

You blue helmet loving impotent countries sent him nasty letters.   We said... you don't get to run the country anymore or sit on the gold toiletseat.

We let the people vote and form their own government.

What did we do wrong again?   Other than get involved with the UN.

lazs

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 08:47:17 AM »
Did i get you upset lazs? Sounds like you have blown another gasket. :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »
really?   then you don't know me.  

I am just pointing out what is in the back of everyones mind... that ice bear people are pretty huffy given that they really are so very unimportant in the world.

That the only power you will ever have is when you are wearing a blue helmet and that, as we all know is just a joke.

We certainly expect you to be envious so it is no big deal but sheesh... every once in a while... look around at your own situation and what all your best thinking has done for your people.

you enjoy what freedom you have because the strong countries like the U.S. are benevelant...   We all know what happens to you when strong countries not so benevelant cast an eye on your country...  it is like watching a little kid sticking his tounge out at someone while clinging to his moms skirt.

lazs

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 09:08:20 AM »
:D

That just about did it. I will now go and cry a few patriotic tears for the things you have said about my country. Realizing you are spot on in your analysis i will then bow my head in shame and forever hold my opinions to myself.

I have been truly put in my place by your facts and I apologise for any wrongdoing I have done or said.

*buhu*

:lol

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »
Go long.

But the thing i worry about is what happens when we do leave? I hope that the people that are being trained to run iraq in a democratic way don't become infultrated or bought out by terrorists.  I mean we trained osama, and look what happened.
I don't think, or at least hope we won't be pulling out of there for a while, but if we do, all this will have been for nothing. I believe that military, and economic advisors, at least, should be left there even when we do pull out, to help the iraqi gov't with keeping there own army, police, and citizens in order, well paid, and loyal.

In all honesty, as much as i support Bush, and think sadam insane was a great capture, what happened to the great osama hunt? There's really nothing i can say when a lib asks that question either.

Edit: He did after start this whole chain of events.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
nelson... I really do expect that is what you will do... you don't really blow gaskets so much as...... leak... the big alligator tears just ooze out past your gaskets... look at the cluster munitions thread for instance..

lazs

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2006, 09:18:34 AM »
You got me again lazs.. when will the hurting stop :cry