Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8939 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2006, 01:05:03 PM »
Originally posted by Patches1
SkyRock...your posts indicate that you have a personal agenda...

The film shows otherwise.
I call a spade a spade.   The film showed me that Elfy would fly straight at the guy and take the Head on shot, i.e the HO! If you see anything else in that film you are taking it out of context.  It was an isolated part of the map only two planes and elfy took the frontal/HO on first pass!  CHeap shot imho!  But then again, running into elfy in his CHOG many times before I personnaly know this is his MO!  So where you are looking at degrees of deflection, I am seeing the big picture of cheap tactics!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »
you guys do know your not really flying airplanes, right?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
in the film, it looks if neither of them broke and stayed on course...they wouldve collided...so, it ends up being a game of chicken?  who breaks to avoid collision first gets shot thinking it a cold gun merge..but really it was "ill collide with you if you dont break and give me a shot" ?

may be wrong.  wouldnt be the first time.  wouldve loved to see the whines if they collided tho.

Bingo.  You see this in the DA too where after a couple of passes the guy comming from above has the E to break and avoid the colision.  As soon as he does, he gets unloaded on by the other guy.
People will use every excuse and every advantage to win.  In real life and in virtual life such as this.  This even more so since no one knows who they are and they will never have to answer to anyone.
Just expect it.  Bat, you were trying to gain an avantage over him by pulling up early.  A very valid and sportsman like move, but if he was smart enough to realize what you were doing, he knew he had lost the fight at that point so he took the shot.  All I am saying is learn to expect the worst from people and you will never be desaponted :O

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
SkyRock
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »
Review your posts....

Review the film....

Then attack what I saw on the film.

If you wish to attack me, personally....

Grab your socks!
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »
Some people's notion of "fight honor" is naive at best.  What is wrong with taking a shot on the merge if the opportunity presents itself?  I can tell you right now that when I merge in the MA, the notion of a "cold merge" is not even being contemplated by me.  I'm going to pull into a lead turn on the merge and take the shot if I get a good angle.  There is nothing wrong with that nor does it indicate any "lack of skill" as some try to claim it is.  

The days of tipping your helmet at your enemy before charging with your lance down went away a long time ago.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »
i think youre wrong ack-ack, but that doesnt mean you are in anyone's world but mine.

good post bugs, and youre correct that its my fault, as alot of others have said.

everyone has different opinions, and that is the spice of life.

some have given opinions that i whole heartedly agree with, others are of the opinion that i find it impossible to agree with.

thats just life, and i woulndt want it any other way.

Elfy, if you reading this then feel free to chip in with your opinion, you wont be 'wrong' whatever you say because it only a game. I hold you no ill feeling and i certainly care very little about being shot down. just hope one day you try to better your virtual 'skillz' in the hopes that we could have a 'good fight'.

I do truly appreciate everyone who has given thier 2cents on the matter aside from 'waaaaaa i got hoed whine'.

i think I can safely say that this situation wont make any of us lose any sleep. ;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »
Ack-Ack Is right.
I will avoid the head on. But if you present a target for a angle shot your going to get it. The head ons in the Ma are pretty consistent. I expect and react accordingly. I will angle and pass if you give me the oppertunity. But if I see your nose angling towards me in a head on, the gloves are off my friend.:t

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »
Originally posted by uberhun
... But if I see your nose angling towards me in a head on, the gloves are off my friend.:t

Yep...when I see the other guy maneuvering for the head on for his merge pass, I just add a little side slip and create some seperation and when we get within range, I'll either pull hard into him with a lead turn for a front quarter shot angle (or if coming from below a nice belly shot) or even a lag turn so I end up on his 6 right after we merge and the kill.  But I guess to a select "super uber duper Aces" this is a "lamer" tactic since I never gave the other guy a chance to fight.  But I hate to tell those "super uber duper Aces" that the whole concept of aerial combat is to kill the other guy before he kills you and the best way to do it is not give him a chance to kill you before you kill him.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:31:46 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »
One thing that irks me more than HOing all the time, is the type of pilot that always picks. Ya when Im in certain planes, few really, as I almost always try and turn fight no matter what Im in, I will fly picking at stuff.

But some folks, thats all they do. I can't understand how fun it is for them to fly towards somebody's 6, and when they miss, they fly on, just out of icon range, waiting for that guy he missed to get engaged in another fight. Then he comes back and tries to pick the guy. When the guy survives his fight, and kills the enemy he had, the picker runs again.

I just can't see how playing like that could be fun. The other day I had one of these guys...finally someone shot him down, he bailed out. I couldnt resist popping his chute. Shallow? yes. Felt good? Yes.

~AoM~

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »
Originally posted by uberhun
Ack-Ack Is right.
I will avoid the head on. But if you present a target for a angle shot your going to get it. The head ons in the Ma are pretty consistent. I expect and react accordingly. I will angle and pass if you give me the oppertunity. But if I see your nose angling towards me in a head on, the gloves are off my friend.:t

clearly the response of someone who firstly didnt watch the film in question, and secondly has no concept of what the thread is about.

i call this filmed fight a HO shot, but thats always been up for dispute.

the solid fact that i will never change my mind on is that in this film the style of gameplay was lame.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:01 PM »
see u keep calling elfy lame but personally i think its more lame that uve been calling it a ho when the film clearly shows it as not.. and if u could see it from his FE it would show even more that it wasnt..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:43 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

what infact appears to be the case from my perspective is the complete opposite. the enemy lulled me into a flase sense of fairplay and a cold merge DA fight that many people will gladly offer in return, and then pulled into me at the last possible second and got a good hit on me.

fair enough, i lost, he won, im the fool.

doesnt mean i don't think it was cheap and representative of the major downfall in MA style gameplay, and very much what i consider a head on merge shot.

A fair play/cold DA merge is when two combatants are co-E and co-altitude and do not perform any aggresive moves until each passes the others 3-9 line.  

As the film shows this was not the case for either participant.  Bat dived for speed and then turned up and in before the merge hoping for a quick reversal.  Elfy countered by rolling inverted and pulling into Bat just after Bat started his turn and Elfy took a quick snapshot, both were agressive moves. Mudr and TW9 are right that there was an angle of deflection and this was not a HO.

Had Bat delayed his turn for just a second, odds are that he would of had his reversal. It was just a matter of timing. However calling Elfy's move cheap goes beyond credibilty.

Next time you want a fair play/DA merge Bat, try for horizontal rather than vertical seperation with no break turn before the merge and if somebody hits you from the front quarter, you may have a better case.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
clearly the response of someone who firstly didnt watch the film in question, and secondly has no concept of what the thread is about.

i call this filmed fight a HO shot, but thats always been up for dispute.

the solid fact that i will never change my mind on is that in this film the style of gameplay was lame.

Ahhh no
Bat you even stated it yourself in an earlier thread. I fully understand your point here. I just don't agree with it. MA ettiquet is non existent. It's about Situational awareness and apparently you were lulled into a sense of non existent security. Then boom he pulls a rudder slip move and bang your dead.
:furious
Let it go I hear you can up as many cartoon planes you want here:rolleyes:  And if your still confused just read my sig. You will get the idea.:huh

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2006, 04:58:10 PM »
LIke I said, In My Opinion it is a head on shot!  It is a high deflection head on shot and one that I personally wouldn't have taken because I actually like to fight!  Taking that shot In My Opinion is not wanting a fight, its wanting a kill!  Now to make my point, why would you want a quick kill when after that, there is nothing to do but fly around for 15 minutes waiting for the guy to re-up so you can take the HO/high deflection first merge shot again anyway!  Lame I tell you! By someone's opinion it was an aggressive move, LMAO all HO shots are aggressive it doesn't make them any less lame in a game where lives arent lost and planes cost little or nothing!  I made the same shot on Levi back when I was a 1 yr newb, at first after I read it was Leviathn, I was excited about killing him( at that time he was king) and telling my squaddies about me getting him, but the excitement quickly faded into disdain for the cheapshot I had just giving him.  I hadn't beaten him at all, just sucker punched him first!  These posts are my opinion about that type of shot and with no "real life" disrespect to the fellow that is AKelfy.  I have taken too many HO shots from Elfy ingame to have any respect about his tactics!  Now if elfy would like some traing in the CHog I will be more than willing to help him break his crutch to HO! :aok
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 05:00:21 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »
You know what I think? I think some of you guys have waaay too much time on your hands to spend 3 pages dissecting a single encounter among the hundreds of thousands that occur in the virtual world of Aces High. :rolleyes: