Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2006, 10:37:47 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
This is a game, dont get off topic.  anyone can fly through the arena and HO away, its their money,

Your right, It is a game and if you want to play it like it is "Defender" or "Asteroids" (you know, Video games) you go right ahead. It's your $14.95. Some people like to play it like it is real and therefore might adopt real life tactics and put them to use.

but they might be called a lamer! They definitely will by me!

This is important? How?

By your words "it is a game". So how does it matter what you think of me or anyone else?

He's dead! !

His death does not make his words less truthful.

;)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2006, 11:03:16 PM »
did you watch the film sled?

anyone who says that that situation is a good time to just ho or run, doesnt have a clue why i play the game.

each to thier own.

more practice = less hos = better fun fights

more hos = you suck = boring lame gameplay.

its quite simple.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rikitic

• Zinc Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »
ALL our guns should point to the rear. No more "lame". But since they dont and my kill zone is dead 12'o . Guess what!!!!!!!!!!! Get in the fire cone I will fire. Only a "lame would put there self there right! O K arguement settled , pass in front of guns expect "the posibility of them being used for what they are intended ". All you guys callin names to bully people to fly the way you think is right, whats a name :lol  Cept it might be a Fruedian slip:eek:

Oh my favorite plane is 190 a8. I dont mind the Head on pass at all.

I prefer not to take em, unfortunately there are better turners out there,so I fire when given the opertunity. I can imagine some of there expressions when my a8 DOES get the nose up in time :O . A a8 can turn. Once, maybe twice.:p

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2006, 11:46:30 PM »
Oh com'on now Bat, you know I watched the film. My first post on the subject was quite clear on that.

I don't see any reason for you to get short with me. You and I have flown together many times, and you know I can take care of myself in the knife fight.

The HO is not part of My  regular bag of tricks, but it is in the bag somewhere.;) And depending on the situation (and how many planes I am facing) I have used it a time or two.

Your a good stick Bat, and a nice guy, you always get a from me ;)
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2006, 11:54:57 PM »
I'm as big a history fanatic as anyone here, if not more, but DON'T use historical use of the Head On as a reason to do it in AH.

There is absolutely no risk to a pilot in Aces High.  It IS NOT a life and death decision where a mistake in judgement means that's all she wrote.

The second, HTC changes the rules to one death and you can never play again, then you can quote history regarding the HO.  Until then it's just camoflage.

I totally understand that folks will continue to HO away in AH.  I don't expect that will ever change, but it isn't some gallant risk taken in the heat of combat knowing your life might end forever if you miss.

In an air combat flight sim, it's still a cheap shot and will remain so, despite any protests to the contrary.  

Now that's my opinion.  Feel free to HO my 38G anytime you see me.  Since I'm not dying anyway, I'll get over it :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2006, 12:25:32 AM »
Rikitic: yuh you said that already, no need to repaet it.

Sled: its not about all HOs, this thread, its about a 1 on 1 middle of nowhere and going for a HO shot or running.

im not short with you bro, you kow that, its just a discusion.

please remember, its not about hOs, its about finsing a fight and wasting it with a lame merge shot.

cant you see that?

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2006, 01:59:21 AM »
still wasnt a ho :aok

:noid
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2006, 04:52:49 AM »
Bat, it's about time you get off of your high horse.  This was not the noble joust you preport it to be.  You made two early moves hoping to get a quick reversal and kill.  All Elfy did, is was what  has been taught since Boelcke. Turn into your attacker. He countered your early moves and made a snap shot.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2006, 05:18:40 AM »
Another thing that gets under my skin is guys who shoot down landing planes, weres the fun in it?
             it serves no purpose,
yesterday i treid to land on carrier in a temp, was just touching(crashing) lol down onto deck, just typing '.ef' when, ping ping ping ping, you have been killed, argh. its the principal that bugged me, not the perks.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2006, 05:40:37 AM »
wxman, it not even about high horses. although the prospect of getting a horse stoned does make me chuckle.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2006, 06:44:43 AM »
I wont reduce the rent when you land on my hotels in monopoly. I won't delay my snap count until you say you're ready  in football. I won't hesitate to castle in chess to make it more sporting. I won't hold back on a shot when you muff the merge in AH.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:47:07 AM by Booz »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2006, 07:37:27 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
still wasnt a ho :aok

:noid

:lol :noid :rofl :noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2006, 07:52:16 AM »
Originally posted by WxMan
Bat, it's about time you get off of your high horse.  This was not the noble joust you preport it to be.  You made two early moves hoping to get a quick reversal and kill.  All Elfy did, is was what  has been taught since Boelcke. Turn into your attacker. He countered your early moves and made a snap shot.

I have been in many exchanges with Elfy and several other of his squaddies.  Elfy will try and get the HO shot everytime and if he misses and no squaddies are around, in his chog, he will run like the dickens.  Is this against the rules? No.  Is this historically accurate strategy?  Yes.  Is this lame in AH?  Yes!  Why anyone who has flown right beside him would try and make out like Elfy was calculating Bats moves and took the incredible inverted high deflection, when they know good and well no matter what Bat would have done Elfy would have been firing away on the first head on merge!  But then again I guess it something to argue about on the boards instead of opening the co-workers idiot e-mail jokes about fat ladies!  I might add, I don't dislike Elfy, I am sure he is an oustanding friend and squaddie.  I do however think many of his HO attempts are lame!  As a matter of fact, I mentioned something about a friendly HOing a plane right off the runway the other day and Elfy was within range and he cursed me out!  He knows whats up!  I guess sometimes when the shoe fits, wearing it makes you sore!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:34 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Another thing that gets under my skin is guys who shoot down landing planes, weres the fun in it?
             it serves no purpose,
yesterday i treid to land on carrier in a temp, was just touching(crashing) lol down onto deck, just typing '.ef' when, ping ping ping ping, you have been killed, argh. its the principal that bugged me, not the perks.

First time I've found I agree with you, Laurie.  Kewl.  

- oldman

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2006, 08:26:33 AM »
Originally posted by Booz
I wont reduce the rent when you land on my hotels in monopoly. I won't delay my snap count until you say you're ready  in football. I won't hesitate to castle in chess to make it more sporting. I won't hold back on a shot when you muff the merge in AH.

:rofl
Best post in this thread.

Sorry Bat,I have to agree with Slapshot and a few others on this one.I was on the morning this happend.Should he have shot?Probably not.Would any other player shoot?Probably so.Would I have shot?Probably not.You had a good angle comeing into the merge,thats how I prefer to merge against plane,but it appears that as you angled off to the left you waited to late to pull back into him,and he was comeing in off angle as well and pulled into you.
All in all,this is what you can expect from 9 outta 10 players in the MA.weather it be in a 1v1 or in a furball.

I've dueled you and many many others and there are rules of engagement in the DA that don't apply to MA,as you know,but even in the DA if the con pulls up and tries to get angles at let's say 400 before merge,then all is good,but if the con tries to open his merge out to 800 before the flight paths intersect,then ,well you just pulled too early and the guns come out.You've done this exact thing to me,as well as several others who have posted here.I've done this exact thing to you as well as several others here

You know where to find me if you ever wanna duel and I accept all challenges from all players in all planes.:)