Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8793 times)

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »
Skill is the learned ability to bring around predetermined results with the maximum efficiency and minimum effort

Pretty much sums it up. :)

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 02:37:41 PM »
what you describe bat has happened to me before and they always come up with lame excuses like "it takes 2 to HO" i have played for about 10 months and i learned to not ho after 3 months. and im sure people like skyrock,airsys,wmlute ,widewing, and even you bat can see how well i learned to actually fight.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
sonic you are far beyond the 'virtual skill' level of most, i know ou shot me down alot in a spit5.

well, i have linked the film a couple posts up.  

what do you all think?

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/niceHO.ahf

personaly i view that as 100% HO with no regard for having a good fight.

what you all have to understand about me is, should he have reversed and beaten the snot out of me on the next turn, i woulda shouted SALUTE good kill.

its not about losing the fight, losing perks, or virtual ego.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 02:58:14 PM »
That was sad and it WAS a HO.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 03:04:21 PM »
i must have been viewing something different cause all i seen was him shooting ur tail off.. not even close..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »
OK, who is the bad guy?  I cant see the film at work.  Please????

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 03:10:15 PM »
sucks bat.

only thing i would be concerned with 2 f4u1cs in a merge would be a HO.

if you didnt move (enough) and he gambled and got lucky maybe next time he wont get so lucky and you can show him how to fight proper.

havent watched the film but i can picture it as its happened to me before but these threads  need names.....

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 03:12:15 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
well well well, whaddaya know. i did film it.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/niceHO.ahf

I watched the film from both your "perspectives".  I did not see the rudder kick you described.  It was difficult to make out when watching the film from "your" plane.  But when I watched it from "the other plane's front", it appeared that you dove underneath and were beginning a rolling climb and pulled up right in front of his guns giving a snap cross shot of your fuselage.  He took the shot and took off your plane's tail section.

However, the one issue I see when watching the film:  After you began the climb, you pulled in front of his nose.  He banged off a few rounds in the snapshot that appeared to miss and you were then clear of his gunsight and front end.  Yet, the computer started scoring hits and knocked off your tail after it appeared your were safely clear.  There were clearly tracer rounds firing off underneath you after you passed.  On the film the snap shot clearly appeared late.

I summation, I did not see the blatant HO, but I also did not see how the snapshot scored hits that sent your tail away from the rest of the plane.  So, from your perspective, I can see where you thought he had performed a cheap rudder kick on a skilless shot.  

I don't know either of you and have no dog in this fight, but I thought I might, as an outsider, offer an unbiased perspective.  Take it for what it is worth and with a grain of salt.  

:aok
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Anyone who hos is just proving they are out of skill.  All the rest are just blowing smoke out yer aholes.

Ohh I like to hear the whines - Translation "I ho cause I gots no skillz or ballz and am afraid to die in  real fight"

The Ohhh it takes two to ho - Translation "I usually don't get into fights 1 v 1 and if its 2 v 1 I am on the 2 side."  This mentality has never been a lone fighter in a 4 v 1 pulling angles for 5 mins while all the other guys can do is ho.  And they have never cold merged in their life.

:rolleyes:

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
In the MAs, flying directly at the other guy's shooty end, and assuming the other guy isn't going to shoot you, simply because you don't want him to, is stupid.

Do we all pretty much agree on that?

And Quah is right. I have never DAed, I've never merged cold, I've never outmaneuvered anything, or won any kind of fight in any kind of odds. I too just fly around and shoot people in the face because they haven't got enough SA or cartoon brains to get out of my way. I may not have huge swollen cartoon balls, but at least I'm not ****ing stupid, and I'm happier that way.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:21:28 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 03:18:57 PM »
I never (rarely) head right at a guy just for that reason. I will HO if...the guy is in a fast plane and just wants to pick, and offers no fight. Yeah..then I'll go out of my way to give him a faceful of double aught.

Theres people in here who enjoy finding a "sleepy sector" ( i like that term) and just doing some one on one or even 2 on 1. Then theres the guys who rely on horsepower to do the fighting for them. Then theres the guys who just pick till the cows come home. Lastly theres the guys who never really fight except HO and vulch.

They know their abilities in the game, and do what they can to get a kill. It doesnt bother them a bit. Best thing to do is just bite yer lip, and go back and find him and kill him.

Remember the ancient Klingon proverb...revenge is a dish best served cold.

I used to think that meant to be cruel and cold hearted while conducting the revenge, but later figured out it meant to cool off, and take the time to find the best revenge on him you can.

~AoM~

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 03:20:02 PM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
OK, who is the bad guy?  I cant see the film at work.  Please????

akelfy, i would call it a HO

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »
It does take 2 to HO , don't set yourself up for it if you don't want it to happen. Other than that , this post is a pointless whine , go to the dueling arena if you want a fair fight.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 03:21:17 PM »
Nope ... don't consider it an HO ... only cause you didn't have a guns solution and without that ... it's simply a high angle deflection shot.

Now ... from what I can see you assumed, and for the life of me I can't understand it, that both of you were going to do a DA cold merge.

Also, you merged way too close setting yourself up for such a move, especially in the MA. In the MA, I give myself plenty of separation which does not allow someone to pull that move.

I hate to say it Bat but you set yourself up for it ... especially due to the fact that you had no clue as to who was in the other plane. Had you 2 talked over 200 prior to the fight, then I could see the anger ... but not under these circumstances.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 03:43:23 PM »
It seems that AH is becoming more of a first person shooter and less about Air Combat Maneuvering.

The HO is the biggest turnoff in this game. Air Warrior had the right idea in dealing with the HO and made it more about maneuver than about lots of cannon.

I now fly less and Osti more. I would be curious to know what percentage of the Arena is flying cannon equipped birds. I would venture that it is on average 75%.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs