Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 35335 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #915 on: December 05, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »
Originally posted by Flayed1

Oh and I think I'm going to get a promotion from PR officer to Ambassidor for the BOP's LOL I think they were voting.  All my squad mates were happy that I could have this level of interaction with you HiTech, Thank you.

dude - I told you guys that Hitech has been a BOP for over two years....one of those "shades" accounts that he flys under....

and I'm not telling who it is. :rofl

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #916 on: December 05, 2006, 08:23:53 AM »
if its so important, defend it, if you cant defend it, get over it, and up to defend/cap the area.

Will you stop with this already ... geeeesh.

The milk-running (99% of the time) is always directed at the country with the least amount of players ... it's known affectionately as ... "Race to the Reset".

How many times and how many different people have to explain to you that the least populated country CAN NOT defend all its fields properly ... on BOTH fronts.

This too is the main reason for the new ack system. It's main intent was to help the overwhelmed and to slow down the milk-runners attacking the overwhelmed.

Whenever I have flown for the most populated country ... base defense is no big deal ... you can always get 3-4 people to come and help ... but this is not the case when you are on the least populated country.

So ... when base defense is discussed in conversations such as this ... think of it from the standpoint of the country getting ganged.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #917 on: December 05, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »
When I popped on last night there were very little air battles going on from wht I could see.

Cept for the horde running up our GV bases.

What idiot put the opposing GV spawns in exactly the same spot in some of these areas? LOL

Was fun for a while but got old and dull real fast
Up,kill,killed Up,kill,killed Up,kill,killed Up,kill,killed Up,kill,killed
Anyway. That is about the dullest part of the game.

Fun for about 5 min. Then gets old real fast

GV battles should IMO more about  Manuvering for position , and using the terrain to your advantage.

Not whos connection lags enough to give enough tim to swing your turret around and blast an enemy before the enemy sees you materialise.
Which is about all these overlapping spawn points do.

Also noticed ther were more players in the Blue Arena then the Orange.
In fact after I got bored with the spawn  and  camp horde defence routine I tried to go thee but couldnt get in due to numbers
The other arenas were undernumbered so I logged off
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:31:30 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #918 on: December 05, 2006, 08:31:11 AM »
furballers will be happy because they can put up some sort of defense against the enemy and have more fun doing so. i would expect, as many strat guys have, to accept the challenge of the new system. for years we have been hearing about strategy and the importance of coordination, so now is the time to buck up.

Very true except this change in no way helps furballers.  It does create an area where people have to fight and that helps the game.

A furball is usually between 2k and 8k and most do not climb much higher than 3k.  

In base defense, much of your night is climbing to hit the cherry pickers or chasing running 51s and the like.  It's not as good as a furball but it is better than milk running hordes.  

So honestly for all those guys that say the furballers got what they wanted, you are full of cow pies.  What we did get and the rest of the community got was a forced clash of the hordes which in turn causes more people to fight and is good for the game.

Also WTG Flayed for being creative and actually applying some strategery.  Now if the rest of the nay sayers would take their heads out of the sand and follow your squads lead this game will pick up and fast.

Last night I noticed a lot of nights, ( I was flying nights ) using old tactics of just sitting around their base and defending and I soon realized that this old strategy no longer works.  If you have no offense then you will have a weak defense.  There were so many people doing circles that frame rates were bad.  What the knights needed was a ring leader to take half of the defenders on the attack.  I left before anything like that happened.  My point is start getting creative guys.  If your frame rate sucks, then there are too many wasted resources in one area, put a mission together and go on the offensive.  :aok

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #919 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:39 AM »
Also noticed ther were more players in the Blue Arena then the Orange.
In fact after I got bored with the spawn and camp horde defence routine I tried to go thee but couldnt get in due to numbers
The other arenas were undernumbered so I logged off

Yep very few have a clue how to work this system because they are used to such simple strat and aren't thinking creatively.  I just hope our strategerist are not so limmited that they cant make this system work.  

I also noticed without some leadership things are still stagnant.  Can the community rise to the occasion or will they keep their heads in the sand??

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #920 on: December 05, 2006, 08:42:05 AM »
Too bad.... HT is trying but it's not the game that is the problem, it is some of the users inability to even sides. Nothing can fix that short of an IQ test to join AH. :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #921 on: December 05, 2006, 08:42:49 AM »
Originally posted by Quah!

Last night I noticed a lot of nights, ( I was flying nights ) using old tactics of just sitting around their base and defending and I soon realized that this old strategy no longer works.  If you have no offense then you will have a weak defense.  

Those "old"  tactics never did work to begin with.
Which is why Knights won so few resets.

All those defenc tactics ever do against a determined enemy is delay the inevitable.

that is untill someone went and took out the troops at the attacking base.
then the Bisk/Rooks would promptly give up on that base for a while and move on to a different area untill troops came back up
(I am sure it probably worked that way for the knights too.)

The best way to defend a base. Has and always will be to attack the offending base attacking it in some sort of force and not just one or two people running a delaying action

If all you do is sit over your own base defending. Its only a matter of time before the vulch light gets turned on at your base.
Its always been that way.
It always will be that way
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #922 on: December 05, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »
Yep very few have a clue how to work this system because they are used to such simple strat and aren't thinking creatively.

LOL that is almost exactly what I alluded to in this thread a few pages ago
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #923 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:23 AM »

Also WTG Flayed for being creative and actually applying some strategery.  Now if the rest of the nay sayers would take their heads out of the sand and follow your squads lead this game will pick up and fast.

Last night I noticed a lot of nights, ( I was flying nights ) using old tactics of just sitting around their base and defending and I soon realized that this old strategy no longer works.  If you have no offense then you will have a weak defense.  There were so many people doing circles that frame rates were bad.  What the knights needed was a ring leader to take half of the defenders on the attack.  I left before anything like that happened.  My point is start getting creative guys.  If your frame rate sucks, then there are too many wasted resources in one area, put a mission together and go on the offensive.  :aok

TY and yes I think there will be more strat play as the system is developed but it's limmited right now because we are just learning what will work with the system and these are TESTS.....

And yes OFFENSE you have to do this. I'm not saying you should abandon all defense but some have to get organised and hit the next target some how or you WILL lose the baseyou are sitting on.  

That old saying "The best defense is a good offense" applies so much to this system because if you take the next base the one you were at is now uncapturable and I don't think you can get a better defence than that. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #924 on: December 05, 2006, 08:50:06 AM »
don't worry , as soon as they figure out how to "work the system" you "fighters" will want more changes.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #925 on: December 05, 2006, 09:09:16 AM »
GRRRRRRR.....

I really wish people would stop trying to bame this group or that group...

If anything was responsible for causing this change it was how the entire community was interacting or not with each other....

I really like this because if you look at it we now have the furballers playing the capture game with the strat guys.. Now the furballers UBER LEET fighter skills have a purpose other than just furballing. Now it looks more like an attack/defense than just a randome furball and I them if this is so.

The system I think is about balaceing all types of play.

P.S.  The tankers in TT on trinity should love this system as we would be able to make the TT bases some of the last captureable bases on the map. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #926 on: December 05, 2006, 09:13:11 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
don't worry , as soon as they figure out how to "work the system" you "fighters" will want more changes.

If they figure out a way to avoid fighting, you're probably right.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #927 on: December 05, 2006, 09:57:33 AM »
Yep very few have a clue how to work this system because they are used to such simple strat and aren't thinking creatively.  I just hope our strategerist are not so limmited that they cant make this system work.  

I also noticed without some leadership things are still stagnant.  Can the community rise to the occasion or will they keep their heads in the sand??

It's going to be hard to "think creatively" from a strategic perspective when a seemingly vast majority of players don't understand that if you don't attack you can't win.  This has been one of my gripes with the Bish for a long time.  Many just up and fly circles around our bases waiting to be attacked.  I was in the Blue arena last night and the fight between the Bish and the Knights was fantastic along a front from 19 to 20 to 21.  Knights were pounding 19 while Bish were pounding 20.  Neither side could break through for the capture.  Knights re-allocated resources and hit 21 en-masse.  This allowed a short pause at 19 and since i had just upped there I flew south to slow them down off 18.  Guess what.  I was one of only 2 or 3 to do so.  Soon I found my engine dead facing 1 on 10 or so odds.  Not very favorable.  I dodged until I HAD to bail.  Back at 19 our guys were flying around in circles with no enemy dar bar.  In their defense there were a few vehicles up but even at that, no one was smart enough to go take down the VH at 18.  Thankfully we held at 21 but I had to log off.

If you can't convince these guys to attack in the regular small arenas how are you going to get them to coordinate an attack?  Bish have just never really been good at premeditated teamwork and I think this also has to be taken into consideration.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #928 on: December 05, 2006, 10:17:41 AM »
It's going to be hard to "think creatively" from a strategic perspective when a seemingly vast majority of players don't understand that if you don't attack you can't win. This has been one of my gripes with the Bish for a long time. Many just up and fly circles around our bases waiting to be attacked. I was in the Blue arena last night and the fight between the Bish and the Knights was fantastic along a front from 19 to 20 to 21. Knights were pounding 19 while Bish were pounding 20. Neither side could break through for the capture. Knights re-allocated resources and hit 21 en-masse. This allowed a short pause at 19 and since i had just upped there I flew south to slow them down off 18. Guess what. I was one of only 2 or 3 to do so. Soon I found my engine dead facing 1 on 10 or so odds. Not very favorable. I dodged until I HAD to bail. Back at 19 our guys were flying around in circles with no enemy dar bar. In their defense there were a few vehicles up but even at that, no one was smart enough to go take down the VH at 18. Thankfully we held at 21 but I had to log off.

If you can't convince these guys to attack in the regular small arenas how are you going to get them to coordinate an attack? Bish have just never really been good at premeditated teamwork and I think this also has to be taken into consideration.

I agree BEagle, but I dont blame the guys as much as I blame what they have been used to.

Before that sort of worked, yes in the ultimate sense like Dred points out it really doesn't, but in the short term it allows for some action, albeit anoying wait for pork and auger types and hope to score kill while you fight half your countrymen for it.

I think as this goes from test to implementation, with the changes that Flayed and HT have been working on, and it gets installed in all the arenas the community mentality will change.

This mentality change will be more mission based.  I remember the days when you would routinely see missions being posted and flown where the whole country had a chance to join or not.  This has been lost in the latest horde mentality game.  No need to create missions when all you had to do was follow the horde.  In the horde mentality no real need for leaders and tactics other than everyone to base "n".

Now the game is being forced back to a mentality where in order to be successful  you need leaders and coordinated tactics to go on the offensive.

Defense will always be a no brainer, up where they are attacking.  The trick with defense is know when you have too many defending and not wasting resources that should be on the offensive.

Hopefully we will see a revitalization of sqaud tactics like the MAW, AKs, FBs, CHs, etc used to use before numbers became the primary tactic.  Hopefully we will see more mission planners etc.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:20:52 AM by Quah! »

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
« Reply #929 on: December 05, 2006, 10:37:48 AM »
Imo it's not about Furballers vs Toolshedders.  It's the ability to join the team that has a numbers advantage.  Env was a great idea but should be used on members and not planes.  I believe overlag/slapshot came up with some great ideas about limiting what side u can join.  Especially when one side has a big advantage over the other two countries.  We will still have the same problem, members joining the side with the numbers.

Funny how we talk about community but are unwilling to give up the chess piece.  Whenever the arena is balance we have no problem.  The only problem we have imo is each map ends up let's gangbang the weaker country to a reset.  Kind of the concept, you would'nt say that to my face.  When you fly and wing with someone you treat them different.  We need to start blending more by joining different countries.