Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 35324 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #945 on: December 05, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »
Reset winners are given 25 perks per category.

A capture is 12 perks ... if you don't have an ENY penalty.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #946 on: December 05, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Most single sorties are more like 2-4 perks unless I REALLY suck.  Base captures are in the 25 range I think.

Fly an FM2 ... you will have more perks than you know what to do with.

Currently I have over 25,000 fighter perks ... and no where to spend them ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #947 on: December 05, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Fly an FM2 ... you will have more perks than you know what to do with.

Currently I have over 25,000 fighter perks ... and no where to spend them ...  ;)

Yup kill 1 low eny AC in a fm2, get shot down and still 2-4 perks usually.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #948 on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:16 PM »
Most single sorties are more like 2-4 perks unless I REALLY suck.  Base captures are in the 25 range I think.

If you are only getting 2 to 4 perkies there are 3 possible reason

You real do suck
You are an Lgay7 rider killing low ENY planes
You fly in a country that consistantly out numbers all other

Reset perkies are 75 total 25 perkies per catogaory.  Perkies are no motivator for reset.  None at all.  You are deluded if you believe this to be the primory reason to reset.  

Reset is about winning.  Reset is about defeating the other team.

Quick ways to perkies as follows 5 landed kills in a Mossie , p47, c205, a6m or any othe low ENY valued plain. 1 sortie takes 15 to 35 min max.

Drive a Gv to a factory and use every bit off ammo you have.  Takes 20 min.
Drive supps into a base thats been really hammered.
Dry spawn LVT's with sups.
Drive m3 for capture.

Take bombers to a factory or city.  Takes 20 to 2 hour depending how much of meal you want to make of it.
Fly sups to a reall hammered base.
Fly troops for capture.

Any combination of the above will yeild 25 to 48 perkies in little over 1 hour depending on ENY values. .....

Say you land 3 mossie kills 10 to 15 perkies. Then you do M3 capture 6 to 16 perkies.  You do 1 m3 resup 3 to 5 perkies. Another fighter sortie in p47 again 3 landed kills 6 to 12 perkies.

You can earn perkies easier than waiting for reset.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #949 on: December 05, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
If you are only getting 2 to 4 perkies there are 3 possible reason

You real do suck
You are an Lgay7 rider killing low ENY planes
You fly in a country that consistantly out numbers all other

Reset perkies are 75 total 25 perkies per catogaory.  Perkies are no motivator for reset.  None at all.  You are deluded if you believe this to be the primory reason to reset.

Nope, not an LA7 but mostly the next lowest perk scorer, Spit 16.  I also regularily fly in approximate descending order of frequency FW190A8, F6F-5, Seafire, ME163, FW190D9, TA152H.  I've always been and will probably always be primarily a Spit jock but I always try a few other planes each camp (recently BF109's and P38's).  To be honest I don't really pay attention to perks much because the only things I use them for are 163's and Tigers and I rarely lose those so I rarely lose the perks I'm using.

I was just citing perks as a possible reason why there might be a "race for the re-set" mentality.  It's really the only major change I can think of since AW2.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #950 on: December 05, 2006, 04:08:40 PM »
Nope, not an LA7 but mostly the next lowest perk scorer, Spit 16.  I also regularily fly in approximate descending order of frequency FW190A8, F6F-5, Seafire, ME163, FW190D9, TA152H.  I've always been and will probably always be primarily a Spit jock but I always try a few other planes each camp (recently BF109's and P38's).  To be honest I don't really pay attention to perks much because the only things I use them for are 163's and Tigers and I rarely lose those so I rarely lose the perks I'm using.

I was just citing perks as a possible reason why there might be a "race for the re-set" mentality.  It's really the only major change I can think of since AW2.

With the exception of the F6 every plane is a high ENY valued plane.  You need many kills.   Spits are my primory.... check out KI61.

AH1 also had perkies at reset.  I maintain the reason for reset is in the win over / deafet of enemy.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #951 on: December 05, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
AH1 also had perkies at reset.  I maintain the reason for reset is in the win over / deafet of enemy.

I said AW1 (Air Warrior 1), Not Aces High 1.  Thats what we were discussing ealier in this thread when I mentioned this as a possible reason for the change in mind-set understanding that that change has been over a 10 year period since then.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #952 on: December 05, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
Time for a new thread on the revised system.