Author Topic: Reloading of ammo in Training arena  (Read 609 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Reloading of ammo in Training arena
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:48:54 AM »
Hello guys, while in the training arena practicing I was wondering if something existed. Can somebody reload max ammo in the training arena without having to come down and land. Could be useful when you are just practicing shooting skills. With the amount of ammo that certain planes have you spend more time landing and taking off than actually shooting. Now I'm talking of Training arena but it could also be just for the offline as well. Thanks :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:08:42 AM »
I think one of the most important lessons you should learn in TA is to fire only short bursts. People get easily used to having abundant amounts of ammo and tend to spray. Which is a bad habit, promotes bad gunnery and won´t help them in the other arenas.
So no power-ups in air please. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:11:55 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 08:32:15 AM »
Amount of ammo is an Arena Setting, which is always set to 1.0 multiplier.
There is no way to rearm a plane in flight, only by reupping/rearming.

In OFFLINE play, you can change the Arena Settings as you want them.
To do that, open your clipboard and go to OPTIONS > ARENA SETUP > ENVIROMENT > Arena Settings. Find PlaneAutoAmmoMult and  PlaneGunAmmoMult in the list. Change them to 100,000 (i know it says you cant do it, but it will do it anyway) to move your ammo counter OOR (out of range) for unlimited ammo.

While youre there, you can also change the FuleBurnRate (or something like that). Put at 0, your plane wont consume any fuel. Short of getting a fuel leak, you can fly forever.

If you hit the SAVE button before exiting, the Settings will stay as they are untill you change them again.

AH Help File on Arena Setting
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
Thanks Schatzi, that's what I was looking for. By the way, the hour you spent with me in the TA helped me a lot. Now it's a 50/50 chance of coming back with the plane as before it was 1/3 that i would win the engagement. It changes the way you look at the game when you can at least be a bit competitive instead of being the flying target. Thanks again.

Black70

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »
Awesome Black! :)

Btw, this thread might give you some tips on gunnery practice.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189745
21 is only half the truth.

Offline aerosaber

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tampapi.com
Off Line aRENA
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:58:56 PM »
Any way to have unlimited bombs in offline arena.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 07:00:23 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Amount of ammo is an Arena Setting, which is always set to 1.0 multiplier.
There is no way to rearm a plane in flight, only by reupping/rearming.

In OFFLINE play, you can change the Arena Settings as you want them.
To do that, open your clipboard and go to OPTIONS > ARENA SETUP > ENVIROMENT > Arena Settings. Find PlaneAutoAmmoMult and  PlaneGunAmmoMult in the list. Change them to 100,000 (i know it says you cant do it, but it will do it anyway) to move your ammo counter OOR (out of range) for unlimited ammo.

While youre there, you can also change the FuleBurnRate (or something like that). Put at 0, your plane wont consume any fuel. Short of getting a fuel leak, you can fly forever.

If you hit the SAVE button before exiting, the Settings will stay as they are untill you change them again.

AH Help File on Arena Setting

Dang Schatzi, you never cease to amaze me. Your intricate knowledge of the game is incredible. I've been doing this for ten years and don't know a fraction of what you do! But anyway....thank you and ! for ALWAYS being there with a solid answer for people...you are truly a guiding light in our community.
:aok