Author Topic: Some Tips for the New kids  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Some Tips for the New kids
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »
got power back up Friday afternoon and got to play a bit this weekend.   I bounced around all the arenas this weekend.  I seemed to have ran acrossed a lot of new names in the EWA and thought I would pass on some friendly advice.

1.  when the P-38G is 800 behind your 109F ya dont climb.
2.  dont bring a Spit1 or Hurri1 to deack a base.   Yea its got a lot of ammo and it looks impressive, but they're tiny, tiny bullets and it takes a lot of them to do any damage.  they are fun to dogfight in though, just aim for the cockpit
3.  when you're flying to your target dont fly in a straight line and dont forget to look around, especially behind ya and below ya ;) a lot, do it often
4.  You can outurn a Spit V in your hurricane, dont try to dive and out run a Spit V, or 109F, or P-38G, or anything else,  well maybe the Zeke ;)
5.  If you absolutely think you must take a head-on shot at least wait until you are 800 or less from the target plane,  you kind of give it away when you start firing at 2k.  Make it a suprise, unless you're in a HurrIIc and then I pretty much expect it anyway.
6.  when flying the C-47 and you have no cover fighters its not a good idea to fly at 2,000 feet.   Best protection is below 200feet
7.  Bombers, any of them.  when gunning try to wait until the enemy plane is 1000 or less.  There are a few guys I have run across that can hit at 1500 but taking shots at my plane from 2000 out is a waste of your bullets

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 02:32:43 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
got power back up Friday afternoon and got to play a bit this weekend.   I bounced around all the arenas this weekend.  I seemed to have ran acrossed a lot of new names in the EWA and thought I would pass on some friendly advice.

6.  when flying the C-47 and you have no cover fighters its not a good idea to fly at 2,000 feet.   Best protection is below 200feet

You MAY want to talk to Phantomz on this.   When Trinity was new, I rolled a goon and landed 2 kills of his 262, AND Captured the base missing a wingtip.  
I chose to fly alone while the jabo's were having fun.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
You MAY want to talk to Phantomz on this.   When Trinity was new, I rolled a goon and landed 2 kills of his 262, AND Captured the base missing a wingtip.  

you speaketh the truth, as I have also taken C-47s up on high, once or twice all the way up to 20k, and then dive bombed the troops in for a capture.   However in this particular case, twice I caught this guy flying at 2k, straight and level and not pay attention and shot him down.  he was the only plane in the whole grid and he was trying to sneak a vehicle base.   I guess I just need to re-word it

6. when trying to SNEAK (milkrun) a base, when flying the C-47 and you have no friendly fighters within 25miles of you its not a good idea to fly at 2,000 feet. Best protection is below 200feet

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 03:10:20 PM »

WOW!!! You are good!!!!  DA? (Just so I can learn from the good, muahahahahah)

waiting for the I don't DA shades reply :aok

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 03:22:45 PM »
Hey I've deacked with the spit and hurri 1... Most fun thing to do ground wise with them is the smoke Osty turrets with a hail of fire LOL  Gotta wonder what the Osty drivers are thinkin when they see one of these diving on them and then their gun dies :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
Hey I've deacked with the spit and hurri 1... Most fun thing to do ground wise with them is the smoke Osty turrets with a hail of fire LOL  Gotta wonder what the Osty drivers are thinkin when they see one of these diving on them and then their gun dies :)

Hehe...usually something along the lines of * salamander*   :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »

they thinking  man i wish i was an LTAR

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »

Hah, i bravely took on a LTAR in a manned ack once in my Hmk1.
(i kinda got a kill as he laughed so hard he asphyxated :D)

And what do you mean "tiny".... its well known that size doesnt matter!!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 04:51:20 PM »
Schatzi, do you have any idea how tempted I am to make a sick comment here? If i wasnt living in fear of a guy who would do to me what his name is! :D  For that, i will refrain from it!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 05:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
WOW!!! You are good!!!!  DA? (Just so I can learn from the good, muahahahahah)

waiting for the I don't DA shades reply :aok

I'm not the one "saying I'm good" by belittling other's.   I've NEVER said "I'm good", nor will I ever.   But I'm curious as to why you removed the "ElmerFudd" avatar?   Nervous?  

You've already show how "bright you are" by mistaking the Bismarck for the Tirpitz in another thread.   Instead of trolling, you should be reading.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 03:51:46 AM »
Originally posted by macleod01
Schatzi, do you have any idea how tempted I am to make a sick comment here? If i wasnt living in fear of a guy who would do to me what his name is! :D  For that, i will refrain from it!

:t
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »

Flayed, you've deacked the NEW and IMPROVED fields?   That guy I saw Sunday came in at about 500 feet and was just plain slaughtered, he got one ack before he just disintegrated :D

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
I'm not the one "saying I'm good" by belittling other's.   I've NEVER said "I'm good", nor will I ever.   But I'm curious as to why you removed the "ElmerFudd" avatar?   Nervous?  

You've already show how "bright you are" by mistaking the Bismarck for the Tirpitz in another thread.   Instead of trolling, you should be reading.

Yes, I am nervous!  I never expected anyone to make the connection between the Wabbit and Elmer.  I am asamed now.  YOU, sir, have figured out my true identity in the game.  Not sure what I am going to do now.  Maybe Ill change the name to DuffyDk.  Hope no one will ever figure that one out, but with people as smart as you in the game I am not sure :furious

By the way, I am only belittling the litle wannabe but never could or will be but really want to so I will post in every thread about how I can but really can't so I hide behind squads in the ma and hope they will send an invite but they havent and my nose is brown but they still wont let me in even though I changed my avatard.

Remind you of anyone? :rofl  

BTW, I posted what I thought I knew about the Bismark.  I did not have to double check with google before I posted my opinion.  See?  Not afraid to be wrong.  Did you ask a BK to google it  or did you take the risk of clicking at the wrong link and did it yourself?:lol

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Tips for the New kids
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 10:35:44 PM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
Yes, I am nervous!  I never expected anyone to make the connection between the Wabbit and Elmer.  I am asamed now.  YOU, sir, have figured out my true identity in the game.  Not sure what I am going to do now.  Maybe Ill change the name to DuffyDk.  Hope no one will ever figure that one out, but with people as smart as you in the game I am not sure :furious

By the way, I am only belittling the litle wannabe but never could or will be but really want to so I will post in every thread about how I can but really can't so I hide behind squads in the ma and hope they will send an invite but they havent and my nose is brown but they still wont let me in even though I changed my avatard.

Remind you of anyone? :rofl  

BTW, I posted what I thought I knew about the Bismark.  I did not have to double check with google before I posted my opinion.  See?  Not afraid to be wrong.  Did you ask a BK to google it  or did you take the risk of clicking at the wrong link and did it yourself?:lol

No google was needed, I cut and pasted it for you to READ and LEARN.  

Really I "hide behind squads"?   Which one, I'm curious?   When have I said  "Karaya wants to join the BK's?"   What cracks me up is you swinging on my nuts like a lost puppy.   I was PM'd by Bodhi to join Team Zeke, and I change my avatar to show said Team.    I'm not the one hiding from HTC behind a shades account.   Nor have I possibly been PNG'd by em.  

You should searched before confirming that you are the Village Idiot.   Keep trolling, eventually you'll realize you're fighing a losing battle.   Some just have to find out the hard way though.   Keep it up and keep giving me unnecessary attention.   Oh yeah, invert in a Dictionary, if you're gonna keep flaming, spell your words right.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi

And what do you mean "tiny".... its well known that size doesnt matter!!

its well known that girls say that to guys with small things..

"It's just how you use it baby.... Which you're also pretty bad at, so maybe size does matter."

Sure, a man who knows how to use a toothpick can tear out a concrete sidewalk... But a man with a jackhammer can do it better and faster.  Size does matter.

We now return you to your originally scheduled reality.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'