Author Topic: Bailing Bomber pilots  (Read 1159 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Re: Re: Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 08:27:27 AM »
Originally posted by Big Mickey
huh ?????  :huh :confused: That is one hell of a lot of work for a few perkies. If someone would acctually do this, then I guess their punishment is simply having to go through life as themself.  :aok

Big Mickey

You'd be amazed at the amount of effort people will expend in order to avoid learning a skill.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
death,bailing,augering need to have a penalty like "back to desktop" instead of tower or have a time penalty, i - 2 minutes before you can reup.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 09:37:27 AM »
It depends on the mood im in and how long I plan on playing that night.

Sometimes Im all gung-ho lets make a mission, tight formations, get the bombs in and lets get home...other times I get 1/2 way there and ask myself why I came up in bombers, and dump em out, dive in to try to shoot a few guys and die. I think I have enough time in these games to make that choice.

~AoM~

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 09:58:36 AM »
or was he booted?  The buffers in my wing/squad believe it's much more satisfying to land their booty than let it flounder.  No, they're not interested in perks as they could never use them all if they took 234's on every mission.  If they are booted that would be another story.  I know when I get some slim pickins in a fighter that I want to land em and don't bail unless it's pointless to ditch.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 05:17:44 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
death,bailing,augering need to have a penalty like "back to desktop" instead of tower or have a time penalty, i - 2 minutes before you can reup.

Never happen, "Dream Warrior" * .   The pattern is fool.

The furballers will howl at the delay in their pursuit of perkies.  :furious

The vulchers will howl bacause the dweebs that constantly reup at capped fields won't deliver up their hides as often to the vulchers' guns.  :furious

The clueless noobs will leave the game because there will be too long between their failed attempts to take off in the first place; overloaded, at half throttle, and so forth.  :cry

The swabbies will howl, because of delay each time between carrier take offs because the CV turns last minute on them and they catch the 5" turrent, or they tried to lift from the CV wayyy overloaded. :furious

There is no way any game developer will saddle their customers like that.  None.  Nadda.  Zip.  Neg-a-tive.

------------------------------
* "Dream Warriors" being a song from What big hair metal band from the 1980's, Alex?.....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:21:15 PM by tedrbr »

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »
In my opinion, buffs are used in this game like someone uses a shotgun on a canary in a birdcage.  What skill that must take.  The majority of the "Bomb and Bail" pilots I see are Vets.  They come in at tree top level, carpet bomb everything cause they can, then bail out of 3 untouched buffs so they can reup immediatly with no penatly.  Or they loop over and divebomb till they loose all three buffs or run out of bombs by dropping them in salvos on GVs or hangers.  They don't care if they die.  There is very little incentive to live in a buff.

I to have bailed from airworthy ships, don't get me wrong.  But there is a difference between bailing to help a squadmate in trouble, and bailing just so you can drop bombs faster.

There are a bunch of pilots that fly buffs and drop eggs from 10K to 20K and can thread a needle with them.  I salute you.  That takes some time to learn.  Not as much as it use to, but some time.

I don't think there is an easy solution to the "Bomb-N-Bail" problem in this game until they address the incentive issue.

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:50 PM »
I wouldn't dream of bailing for no reason.

I try so hard to deny perks if I can. I'm the guy who'll glide his plane into a countryside landing and wait 15-20 minutes because my plane has an oil leak and I won't be able to get to a friendly base. Hopefully, the other guy was killed or has landed already.

There's no way I'm going to waste my buffs, either. I had probably spent the last 30 minutes flying 3/4 of the way across a map to reach 25K in fully loaded lancs. I will get a return for my investment, or I'll be shot down.

Heck, I've landed my lancs on a cv because I was being shot up and chased across creation and wasn't going to make it to a land field....

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 11:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
its the new guys wanting counterstrike speed rounds that do this..

Nobody who wants a counterstrike 'speed round' flys a B24 to 18k...

Double check those fruit loops you are smoking overlag, I think they're tainted.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Bailing Bomber pilots
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 12:34:40 AM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
...........  They don't care if they die.  There is very little incentive to live in a buff.

There are a bunch of pilots that fly buffs and drop eggs from 10K to 20K and can thread a needle with them.  I salute you.  That takes some time to learn.  Not as much as it use to, but some time.

I don't think there is an easy solution to the "Bomb-N-Bail" problem in this game until they address the incentive issue.

LTARsqrl  <>

I find myself in agreement with an LTAR.... or him in agreement with me.....  
:confused:     :confused:     :confused:
owwii !!....owiiiii. !! ...head hurts!!!!  

You are right that a 10 to 15K drop is not hard.  It does take a lot of patience and time.  I'd do it in order to target dar, ord, and troops..... but too many troops per base to make those missions worth while any more.

Ord and Dar are about the most impact a single bomber can have  on solo runs over multiple fields, and these be handled by lower level suicide attacks, or Ki-67 penetration bombers.  

Since cooperative efforts are more neccessary in taking bases, buff pilots find they are needed back over the base quickly to maintain an attack.... so they come in from a closer field, at lower level,  then bail after their drop.

Massed JABO raids seem to be taking over from use of buffs to drop a town, from what I've seen as well.  Drop ord then vulch.

So, why not bomb and bail ? .... most of us don't need the buff perks.  Bail out, or straf the field until you areshot down, or land/ditch in the first open ground you spot.  And, yes, you will see more vets doing this than new players..... new players are looking for all perks.... it's really only after playing a while, and taking up a few Ar234's, and spending a lot of time clawing to altitude and returning to base on buff missions that you realize that is a lot of time invested with little return.