Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30614 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Changes to come.
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:13:40 PM »
Monday we will be implementing a new balancing system. It works with the existing ENY number. It will no longer limit what planes you can fly. But rather when it reaches a preset value, people entering the arena will not be able to fly in that arena for their current country.

You will get a message  similar to you are 3rd in a queue of 3 .

Your choices will be
1. go to another arena.
2. change countries.
3. wait until more people come onto the other side, or some one from your country leaves.

People waiting will always be able to change countries regardless of their last country change time.
People waiting in queue will not be counted in the ENY values.
This new balancing system will be implemented in all main arenas.

The test capture lines will be taken down until we can layout and code some different options.

1. The current zone / strat setup does not lend it self very well to the current setup,We will be change the supply system to work on all your countries fields, hence hitting the strat targets will have a larger effect.

2. The war win criteria will be changed from having to capture almost all of 1 country , to having to capture around 30 - 40% of both countries fields.

3. Will also make some core fields uncapturable in each country.

HiTech

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »
I like it...

Although i forsee much whining.  Some people have much loyalty to their cartoon chess pieces.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »
As for the win the war criteria, how about having to capture the opposing country's capital instead?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »
Awesome!

Sounds like some great changes there HT!

I am looking forward to how this all pan's out.

(pulls up lawn chair, pop's open a beer.  Somebody get some chips)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
Should be fun:cool:
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Changes to come.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 12:29:19 PM »
will the caps be removed to allow more people in the same arena??

Off peak squads will be crippled when there arent enough people to fill both orange and blue.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Blimpy

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 12:32:30 PM »
Sounds like the best option to solve the numbers problem.  In general the new capture system has been nice, as a GV/JABO its been easier to find a fight than under the earlier multi-arena system.  Keep it up!

:)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Changes to come.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
lol, the whines will be unprecidented with this one, but i think it's another great move HTC, thanks :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 12:37:41 PM »
"Sit back and relax boys and girl this is going to be a fun ride"

Personally i love the new idea that will be implamated moday i see nothin wrong with it except for those Squads and Players that are dead loyal to a Chess peice "Which is jsut silly" but hey they need a wake up call anyway.

Man im going to love watching this thread grow :t :t  and i know stangs down there in florida starting up the laptop ready to woop some whinners around:aok

BTW thanks HTC for trying to make the game bette!:aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:aok
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Changes to come.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Your choices will be
1. go to another arena.
2. change countries.
3. wait until more people come onto the other side, or some one from your country leaves.

Iīm not a big friend of a solution to prevent flying at all for some. I personnaly still prefer the "P40 for all" instead of "La 7 for some" approach,coupled maybe with just locking the highest numbered country for side switching. But letīs see how it works

1. The current zone / strat setup does not lend it self very well to the current setup,We will be change the supply system to work on all your countries fields, hence hitting the strat targets will have a larger effect.

Sounds very good to me. If it works like intended, the buffers finally have some other targets than just shutting down a field for 15mins. Iīm very eager to see more deep penetration raids by more that single buffs.

2. The war win criteria will be changed from having to capture almost all of 1 country , to having to capture around 30 - 40% of both countries fields.

Interesting. Could stop the gangbanging on one single country

Combined with (2.) could give a country the chance of fighting back when itīs opponents finally clash to get the bases needed for the reset. :)  

HiTech

Conclusion: I donīt like the ENY change (yet) but the other changes sound promising to me...

:aok

(Sorry guys, no :cry  this time from me)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Changes to come.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »
now this sounds interesting ...

I think just the fact that you now have to capture in bolth countrys  should be enough to stop the 2 country war thats been going on alot .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »
Monday we will be implementing a new balancing system. It works with the existing ENY number. It will no longer limit what planes you can fly. But rather when it reaches a preset value, people entering the arena will not be able to fly in that arena for their current country.

You will get a message similar to you are 3rd in a queue of 3 .

Your choices will be
1. go to another arena.
2. change countries.

People waiting will always be able to change countries regardless of their last country change time.
People waiting in queue will not be counted in the ENY values.
This new balancing system will be implemented in all main arenas.

I like this one. However I'm a little worried about the whines revolving around mega-squads. Will they just suck it up? Or will they start throwing a fit on how they can't play with the rest of their mob?

The test capture lines will be taken down until we can layout and code some different options.

Change from "bash one guy to smithereens" to "world conquest", eh?  Now this should be really interesting. Looking forward to it :D

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:08:43 PM by hitech »

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
now this sounds interesting ...

I think just the fact that you now have to capture in bolth countrys  should be enough to stop the 2 country war thats been going on alot .

A yes, war bad thing,  peace brothers :) :) :)